Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:55: Wow, @CNN RATINGS HAVE CRASHED. LOST ALL CREDIBILITY!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:55: Wow, @CNN RATINGS HAVE CRASHED. LOST ALL CREDIBILITY!

Added:

I like Amy K.
    I like Pelosi.

Some people on here: THAT'S NOT LIBERAL ENOUGH F YOU GO HOME.

And people wonder why they are called the "loony left."
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      And my point is they are going to lose because of that. It's not easy, I understand that. Just build it up, brick by brick.
      Wrong. Incrementalism on the Left and extremism on the Right moved us from a center-left to a far-right country. We need to start standing up strongly for our beliefs -- that energizes our supporters; moderating enervates them.

The Pelosi-Biden brand of "not in the face!" Democrats got us here. The Far Right is our model for rescuing the country from the Far Right. Stand strong, let our extremists lead us, never negotiate from your final offer. For every "moderate" we scare off there are a hundred people who know the status quo is killing them and who have dropped out of the whole system who will join us. We just need to show some f-cking backbone. Americans do not support congenital losers and apologists.

You are not our target. If Democrats are getting your vote we are doing it wrong and losing elections.
      Last edited by Kepler; 07-14-2019, 06:54 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        You are not our target. If Democrats are getting your vote we are doing it wrong and losing elections.
        Um, huh? If you're getting *my* vote, you are doing it right.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          Added:

I like Amy K.
          I like Pelosi.

Some people on here: THAT'S NOT LIBERAL ENOUGH F YOU GO HOME.

And people wonder why they are called the "loony left."
          So how come the right can elect the Ted cruzes, Steve Kings, and Trumps of the World, but the left has to moderate? Why must the left always be the adult in the room, while the right gets to be petulant children?

When will moderates like you hold both parties to the same standards?

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
            So how come the right can elect the Ted cruzes, Steve Kings, and Trumps of the World, but the left has to moderate?
            Because the MAGAs are idiots who are part of the herd. They blindly follow.

Comment

No. If we're getting your vote then a thousand people are staying home because we've given up doing anything substantive. Your vote is a net 999 loss.

The Right did not make the country into their reactionary fascist wetdream by going after moderates. They did it by activating every far right theocrat racist misogynist nutjob who previously had no home in either party. They realized that the electroate isn't a normal distribution, it's its inverse. The farther out you go the more you grow because the "center" you are losing does not exist.

Reagan won because he went far right while Carter drifted towards the center. The old Dems never learned that lesson because they all went to Grad School and believe in an American electorate which balances rational decisions and thus is Gaussian. That America does not exist outside the top educated decile. The electorate is emotional and tribal. The Right feeds theirs. The Dems strangle theirs. That is why we lose.
              Last edited by Kepler; 07-14-2019, 07:06 PM.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I am not far left, though. Extremism is destroying this country, and I will not be a part of that extremism, right or left. I will stand by what I believe is truest to me, while voting the same way (with some variance, since no candidate is perfect), and so be it. I will not be cowed into a corner, as rufus/trix are trying to do by calling me out with their bullsh*.

Comment

You must vote this way/follow this viewpoint, or you're wrong.

Extreme right? Extreme left? Which is it?

Huh, both are saying that same thing. There is no possible middle ground with the extremists. For me, that's ludicrous. Sue me.
                  Your "middle ground" leans so far right it might as well not exist.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Says you.

Comment

I am not far left, though. Extremism is destroying this country, and I will not be a part of that extremism, right or left. I will stand by what I believe is truest to me, while voting the same way (with some variance, since no candidate is perfect), and so be it. I will not be cowed into a corner, as rufus/trix are trying to do by calling me out with their bullsh*.
                      No. You're "centrist", which in this day and age means you're Barry Goldwater.

Comment

I believe you, Rube, and I swear I'm not taking a shot at your position, but that comment took me by surprise. People usually insist they won't be cowed into taking the safe, neutral position. Maybe not, but it seems that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          Your "middle ground" leans so far right it might as well not exist.
                          I wonder if he protested this much when the country was being driven to the far right. A true moderate hated that.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                            I believe you, Rube, and I swear I'm not taking a shot at your position, but that comment took me by surprise. People usually insist they won't be cowed into taking the safe, neutral position. Maybe not, but it seems that way.
                            Right now, my honest opinion, is that if you don't follow the AOC/Bernie, maybe Warren approach, you are a MAGA, and that's not even close to the truth. The uber left, much like the uber right, is basically saying "our way or the highway, period." That's bullsh*. That is what is dividing our country in the first place.
                            This link is related, and does extend to social media, also:
                            https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhluYX6VAAApWoM.jpg

Comment

*whispers* Reganomics was a "far right" move for the GOP where just a decade earlier even Nixon campaigned for guaranteed minimum incomes as a form of welfare reform. Today, Nixon would be sitting somewhere between Warren and Bernie.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Right now, my honest opinion, is that if you don't follow the AOC/Bernie, maybe Warren approach, you are a MAGA, and that's not even close to the truth. The uber left, much like the uber right, is basically saying "our way or the highway, period." That's bullsh*. That is what is dividing our country in the first place.
                                This link is related, and does extend to social media, also:
                                https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhluYX6VAAApWoM.jpg
                                How do you have a reasonable conversation with someone who thinks giving soap and toothpaste to children locked in cages is a bridge too far?
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X