Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:55: Wow, @CNN RATINGS HAVE CRASHED. LOST ALL CREDIBILITY!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:55: Wow, @CNN RATINGS HAVE CRASHED. LOST ALL CREDIBILITY!

Grab them by the ***** is ok though

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      See that's the interesting question. Will the landscape look a lot different very soon?

Politics is and always has been about relationships if you want to get something done. You do people favors, you work on their behalf, a credit goes in your column.

I saw it when I worked for the North Dakota legislature. People had no idea why their bill got killed. It didn't get killed by the committee chairman with whom they thought they had a good relationship. It got killed by someone behind the scenes who was owed a favor by that committee chairman.

You look at a guy like Paul Wellstone. Probably as far left as there was for his time. Yet he was well-liked by people in Congress on both sides of the aisle, even though many of them thought of his politics as extreme.

It's a relationship business. Kind of like the corporate world. Four representatives in the US House have about as much power as you or I have if they don't build relationships. Energy, enthusiasm, great ideas and a million twitter followers won't get you anywhere, alone.
      This is a great post.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Dump is not a radical. He has no political ideology. He's just a narcissist.
        I think he meets the definition.

Radical

noun
        noun: radical; plural noun: radicals

a person who advocates thorough or complete political or social reform; a member of a political party or part of a party pursuing such aims.

He does have a political ideology. It's one that many monarchies have had and it's radically different than the United States Constitution which he uses for toilet paper on a daily basis.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

This is a great post.
            Sure. Try and work with Susan Collins, Lindsey Graham, and Mitch McConnell. See how far you get.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

If I were a freshman Democrat in the House, here is what I would do. I'd get as close to Pelosi as possible. First, that's where the power is. Second, you can learn something. That doesn't mean in the quiet of your office late at night you aren't sitting there thinking she's a dinosaur and has to go at the earliest possible moment. But you have to accumulate power. You can't seize it as a brand new member of a legislative body.

With respect to those on the other side of the aisle, there are ways of acting while still not burning every bridge. When you attack wrongs, attack the wrong, not the person who you perceive as the wrongdoer.

Plus, the big issues that we see in the news everyday are just a small fraction of what Congress does. You may be completely disgusted by what Collins did on the Supreme Court vote, but that doesn't mean there aren't issues where you might share some common interest in both of your districts.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

If I were a freshman Democrat in the House, here is what I would do. I'd get as close to Pelosi as possible. First, that's where the power is. Second, you can learn something. That doesn't mean in the quiet of your office late at night you aren't sitting there thinking she's a dinosaur and has to go at the earliest possible moment. But you have to accumulate power. You can't seize it as a brand new member of a legislative body.

With respect to those on the other side of the aisle, there are ways of acting while still not burning every bridge. When you attack wrongs, attack the wrong, not the person who you perceive as the wrongdoer.

Plus, the big issues that we see in the news everyday are just a small fraction of what Congress does. You may be completely disgusted by what Collins did on the Supreme Court vote, but that doesn't mean there aren't issues where you might share some common interest in both of your districts.
                What'll you do about pizzing Scooby off?

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

The problem with that is the underlying assumption that the other side wants to govern responsibly, too.

If one side had the sole goal of making the other side lose power, then the system of compromises and trading votes falls apart.

I'm with Kepler, we need to bring back earmarks as the grease to keep the legislative wheels turning. I'm willing to accept some bridges to nowhere if it means a return to legislative norms.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    90% of the Republicans are "radicals" by the same comparison. Maybe a quarter of Democrats are the same.
                    I would agree with that.

And also what hovey said about relationships/power/etc, hence my desire to see AOC learn from Pelosi and grow from there.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Sure. Try and work with Susan Collins, Lindsey Graham, and Mitch McConnell. See how far you get.
                      That isn't what he said.
                      Cornell University

Comment

That’s cute and all. Where are the calls for the right wing to work with the democrats?

Until then, these kinds of posts aren’t great, they’re useless platitudes.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

This is also a great post. I would add that the final paragraph also cuts this way: when we see breathless stories about a rift between Pelosi and AOC those are clickbait: a lazy trope so simple even infotainment boobs-on-a-stick can report it and so puerile even the average voter can follow it. In reality, the Methuselah Wing and the Molotov Wing work hand in glove on 95% of House business, but stories about that don't move Twizzlers and iPhones.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 07-15-2019, 09:30 AM.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            That’s cute and all. Where are the calls for the right wing to work with the democrats?
                            There are none.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Until then, these kinds of posts aren’t great, they’re useless platitudes.
                              I'll call on them. Both sides need to get their head out of their arses and start working to unite the dam country. I'm tired of this polarizing BS.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

This is a great post.
                                No, it’s not. It’s approaching the problem like Chamberlain. We’re dealing with people who think children in concentration camps is normal. You don’t beat nazis by doing them favors.

I have absolutely no idea why you think this is a great post. The first third is fine and all. The last two thirds is mind bogglingly naive. Mitch isn’t going to do you a favor if you scratch his back.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X