Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:55: Wow, @CNN RATINGS HAVE CRASHED. LOST ALL CREDIBILITY!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:55: Wow, @CNN RATINGS HAVE CRASHED. LOST ALL CREDIBILITY!

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Nowhere did I say an athlete doesn’t have the right to. They can do whatever they want, obviously. The point was these sort of protests detract from on field accomplishments and moves the spotlight away from the team and on to the individual. We could debate forever on the virtues of various leaders and honestly as far as I’m concerned that is beside the point. What happened last night was a refreshing change and I’m even more proud of them, which I didn’t think was possible.
    Drew, we live in a country where if you're protesting racism, homophobia, etc... people think you're protesting America. Shhhh, MAGAts still think Kaepernick "hates this country."

Meanwhile, the Purple Haired Lesbian Goddess is doing what she needs to do.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      Drew, we live in a country where if you're protesting racism, homophobia, etc... people think you're protesting America. Shhhh, MAGAts still think Kaepernick "hates this country."

Meanwhile, the Purple Haired Lesbian Goddess is doing what she needs to do.
      I prefer Rainbow Brite, but whatever.

She's awesome, no matter how you cut it.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It’s not respect for the office or flag, it’s respect for your team and your on field accomplishments. I’m sure it was something Eoin, Mo, and Dilly all wanted to skip yet they went. That is class and tact which we don’t see much of in the modern world.
        You dont know what those terms mean. But that is ok you dont know what a lot of things mean.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Nowhere did I say an athlete doesn’t have the right to. They can do whatever they want, obviously. The point was these sort of protests detract from on field accomplishments and moves the spotlight away from the team and on to the individual. We could debate forever on the virtues of various leaders and honestly as far as I’m concerned that is beside the point. What happened last night was a refreshing change and I’m even more proud of them, which I didn’t think was possible.
          On field accomplishments mean nothing. And nothing is diminished about the team if a player chooses not to attend. What an absolute crock. What would diminish it is if they sold out their beliefs for a photo op. That would show no character.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            On field accomplishments mean nothing. And nothing is diminished about the team if a player chooses not to attend. What an absolute crock. What would diminish it is if they sold out their beliefs for a photo op. That would show no character.
            Drew is a proud americun when he sees athletes shove Big Macs into their mouths!!

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              You dont know what those terms mean. But that is ok you dont know what a lot of things mean.
              I don't think you realize how tough it is on white men like Rube when an athlete he watches to escape being reminded he enables racism, sexism, and homophobia turns around and talks about those things. Don't you realize athletics is a place people like him go to get away from their consciences?

Such a betrayal! How dare she?
              Last edited by Kepler; 07-16-2019, 11:40 AM.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                This is the lowest moment for American conservatism in history and not one prominent conservative has shown the slightest patriotism or personal honor. That must have implications about the ethical consequences of holding to that philosophy. Ideas have consequences.
                Don't doubt that people like GW, Jeb, & families, Kasich, Fiorina, Pataki, Bill Bennett, Gates, Negroponte, Condi Rice, Tom Ridge, Arne Carlson, Huntsman, Martinez, Pawlentey, Schwarzenegger, Snyder, Whitman, Portman, Sasse, Murkowski, Flake, Warner, Amash, Love, Simpson (and the comparable current or former US Reps), Watts, Scarborough, Armitage, McCallum, McMullin, Kane, Rubin, Wolfowitz, Kristol, et al. are still "conservatives." The only reason people say they are now changed into liberals is because they wouldn't get on board with the Trump worshipers and so are mostly out of a job until the tide abates. It's the same reason "90% of Republicans support Trump!"... none of the sane people are willing to call themselves Republican. It's not 90% of conservative people.
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  True class from Eoin Morgan and the entire England squad going to 10 Downing Street last night. I’m sure there are a lot of them who aren’t fans of Theresa May and she is very unpopular in general yet they still went. Our athletes could learn a lot from them.
                  Why hasn't your president invited the USWNT? Can't go to the White House if you're not invited. Your president could learn a lot from May.

Comment

The crypt keeper has spoken! I for one can’t wait to hear about the dark underbelly the Squad is pushing

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...wvY8HI0ro5UCME

Comment

"Dark underbelly"?

No, seriously?

Once as tragedy; once as farce.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 07-16-2019, 11:45 AM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It’s not respect for the office or flag, it’s respect for your team and your on field accomplishments. I’m sure it was something Eoin, Mo, and Dilly all wanted to skip yet they went. That is class and tact which we don’t see much of in the modern world.
                        Again...shut up.
                        It is not respect for the team to show up to the home of a xenophobic, homophobic racist.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          Wow you’re back to posting absolute bull ****
                          Back?
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            Back?
                            There was a post or two a few weeks back that almost made it seem like active brain cells existed

Comment

Real 'Muricans don't give a crap about soccer, don't know any athletes who play the sport, let alone respect and admire them.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                Real 'Muricans don't give a crap about soccer, don't know any athletes who play the sport, let alone respect and admire them.
                                Soccer is a convenient reason for him to spew his trump loyalty

Comment

Working...
                                X