Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:55: Wow, @CNN RATINGS HAVE CRASHED. LOST ALL CREDIBILITY!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:55: Wow, @CNN RATINGS HAVE CRASHED. LOST ALL CREDIBILITY!

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    I hope the crowd who think we spend way too much on the military has been paying attention to what has happened to the UK the past few days. What an embarrassment of epic proportions for them.
    This is ridiculous. We do spend way too much on the military.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
      Still got their cricket team for you to ballwash though.
      Great response

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        For people like us, that means acting rather than just talking. Phone banks, door knocking, etc. If we stay home during the run-up, others will stay home on Tuesday.
        Yes. Do anything and everything you can. Go outside your comfort zone if you have to but make sure you are on the correct side.

And that includes telling the candidates you support that when they are done they need to bow out gracefully and pick a candidate to support. No conspiracy theories, no whining about fairness just tip your cap to the winner and get out stumping! If Day 2 of their term you want to rip their policies that is fine you drag them your way but until then they are your candidate. When the Convention hits it should seem like crowning not like a war.

Think of it like a Hollywood actor or director. if they want a chance to make their passion projects they sometimes have to make the big budget action flick. Sure maybe they sold out in the short run but in the long run the got to put out the piece of art that we all needed to see. All segments of the Left whether Centrist or Radical needs to be on the same page until Trump is gone. Period. End of story.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

We spend way, way too much on the military.

Quadrupling down en route to a memorial

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            I hope the crowd who think we spend way too much on the military has been paying attention to what has happened to the UK the past few days. What an embarrassment of epic proportions for them.
            I hope the crowd that cant do math or understand how budgets work buy a calculator and take some classes. What an embarrassment of epic proportions.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by deutsche gopher fan View Post
              we spend way, way too much on the military.

Quadrupling down en route to a memorial

im not racist you are racist!!!
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                It’s not the spending.

It is what you spend it on and your willingness to then use it.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Think of it like a Hollywood actor or director. if they want a chance to make their passion projects they sometimes have to make the big budget action flick. Sure maybe they sold out in the short run but in the long run the got to put out the piece of art that we all needed to see. All segments of the Left whether Centrist or Radical needs to be on the same page until Trump is gone. Period. End of story.
                  This is true, but your example is insidious in there which is the assumption that it's the Left that has to go with the Centrist candidate as the most practical way to get the election won. That's almost certainly not true. The pragmatic choice now is to go farther left. That's where the energy is and that's where the voters who have given up are. Nobody who voted for Dump the first time is salvageable. Everything that is happening -- the racism and misogyny and terror and corruption -- was fully predictable the first time. Nobody is going to decommit from the GOP and move to us.

So yes we all have to pull together in the general. But in the primaries we need a solid and clearly left candidate. That is how we win. The fact that we also get a better world for it with left rather than center policies is merely a cherry on top.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    It’s not the spending.

It is what you spend it on and your willingness to then use it.
                    Half the military budget is corporate welfare.

The other half is make work projects to hide the fact that the working class is no longer capable of competing in a market economy.

The first half we can cut today with nothing but good effects.

The second half is essentially UBI, and that's fine by me, but I'd rather we beat swords into plowshares and instead of soldiers trained these people in something useful. Make em a Space Corps or something cool, at least. Send them to terraform Mars -- it would be highly appropriate.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      Sad.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Iran is claiming they have 17 of our spies. Trump says no.

I am inclined to believe Iran

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          Iran is claiming they have 17 of our spies. Trump says no.

I am inclined to believe Iran
                          It's a trick to get him to say "Those are out spies! Our spies are....".

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            Too bad we aren't on speaking terms with Iran. Saudi Arabia just has to ask Jared. Russia or NK just has to ask his FIL.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              We have the best spies.....

(Of course these are locals and not Jack Ryan types )

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                im not racist you are racist!!!
                                tD is finally learning the D tricks

Comment

Working...
                                X