Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45:55: Wow, @CNN RATINGS HAVE CRASHED. LOST ALL CREDIBILITY!

Lucia Apologist

Re: POTUS 45:55: Wow, @CNN RATINGS HAVE CRASHED. LOST ALL CREDIBILITY!

I don’t speak millennial. What the hell is he saying?

Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    Just more evidence as to why the Democrats need to ignore the "centrist" view of "why won't you work harder across the aisle?"

Because the fu**ing GOP refuses to even acknowledge there's a fu**ing aisle to even walk across.
    Careful. Remember the votes at play. Definitely be ready to go into corners with them and play a dirty game if needed. But we don't give a shyt about dump's base, and we already know the GOPers in congress will just continue to cover their own azzes. Figure out what it takes to get the reluctant and tentative dem votes to the polls and work our azzes off making that happen. A lot of that is just grinder work. Getting angry and distracted only plays into dump's hand.

War Mongering Conservadem!

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    New chant at the rallies. "Send her back." Referring to Omar. This is getting bad.
    Good lord...

I would say there is zero chance he comes close in Minnesota now. We dont take well to attacking "One of Us".

And FFS can we stop with the over use of "centrist". Labeling everyone who believes different from you a centrist is lazy. (it is like calling every enemy Hitler not everyone is Hitler) Plus it ignores what the actual word means. If you have any left leaning beliefs at all you are chances are nowhere near the center. The overuse of this is the Twitter Caucus' attempt to weaponize it like the GOP did the term "Liberal" only in this case it is insulting people who are often sympathetic to your cause. It is cutting your nose off to spite your face.

You can tell people they are wrong without misrepresenting their beliefs. You dont need to call Joe Biden a "centrist:" to attack him, just call him out for the stupid stuff he says.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I don’t speak millennial. What the hell is he saying?
    I think he is saying the guy is implying he will attack after he is sure there is no primary challenge. If he goes after Trump now he risks a Trumper going after him in the primaries and losing his job.

Now, if I believed for a second this was true I would be somewhat sympathetic to the idea. (while still thinking the guy is a coward mind you) Since I would bet every penny I have he wont say word 1 no matter what I will just say the GOPer is a dickless, spineless, racist sycophant and call it a day.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Good lord...

I would say there is zero chance he comes close in Minnesota now. We dont take well to attacking "One of Us".

And FFS can we stop with the over use of "centrist". Labeling everyone who believes different from you a centrist is lazy. (it is like calling every enemy Hitler not everyone is Hitler) Plus it ignores what the actual word means. If you have any left leaning beliefs at all you are chances are nowhere near the center. The overuse of this is the Twitter Caucus' attempt to weaponize it like the GOP did the term "Liberal" only in this case it is insulting people who are often sympathetic to your cause. It is cutting your nose off to spite your face.

You can tell people they are wrong without misrepresenting their beliefs. You dont need to call Joe Biden a "centrist:" to attack him, just call him out for the stupid stuff he says.
    I think you’re sorely mistaken if you think anywhere outside of inner city Minneapolis and St Paul are going to be put off by that.

Just remember, Blaine elected a confederate sympathizing racist to the state house.

I think you’re sorely mistaken if you think anywhere outside of inner city Minneapolis and St Paul are going to be put off by that.

Just remember, Blaine elected a confederate sympathizing racist to the state house.
    This.

He could come here tomorrow and they’d drive in and chant it . She really makes old white men and woman angry

I think more people will be put off by it than you think. (it isnt like Minneapolis and Saint Paul are the only liberal areas despite what Scooby says) He will lose ground in this state and stuff like this will be why. Just because Blaine is the Twin Cities version of Saint Cloud means nothing.

This wont play well in a lot of places...and the places it does didnt like her anyways and were voting for him. He should be trying to NOT motivate the Twin Cities not tick them off. If Minneapolis and Saint Paul are motivated he losses and it wont be close.

Put it this way...he lost by like 2 last time. He keeps attacking Omar my guess is he triples that loss. Of course the papers will say Minnesota is going Red (they always do) and Scooby will buy it hook, line and sinker but it wont happen. His only shot is for Minneapolis and Saint Paul to stay home and that wont happen if he keeps up the crap with Omar.
    Last edited by Handyman; 07-17-2019 at 08:33 PM.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    I think more people will be put off by it than you think. (it isnt like Minneapolis and Saint Paul are the only liberal areas despite what Scooby says) He will lose ground in this state and stuff like this will be why. Just because Blaine is the Twin Cities version of Saint Cloud means nothing.

This wont play well in a lot of places...and the places it does didnt like her anyways and were voting for him. He should be trying to NOT motivate the Twin Cities not tick them off. If Minneapolis and Saint Paul are motivated he losses and it wont be close.
    You might be right, but Blaine isn’t the twin cities’ Saint Cloud.

Blaine is representative of nearly every outer suburb. Except Oakdale!
    https://www.gis.leg.mn/pdf/elec2016/...pres16_vtd.pdf

Working across the aisle with McConnell isn't as much of a centrist belief as it is an utterly delusional one. But I can see how those two things could be conflated

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Working across the aisle with McConnell isn't as much of a centrist belief as it is an utterly delusional one. But I can see how those two things could be conflated
    Hey if you want to call people who think they can negotiate with terrorists delusional I wont stop ya
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

It's a hell of a lot easier negotiating successfully if you beat em at the polls first. And we can.

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    To rover’s point..... mookie doesn’t need to read “in an anti-Semite move, hitler gases Jews” to know that this is anti Semitic

“Hitler gases Jews” covers it just fine.

Same can be used for tD rantings on tweeter this past week. No reason to make the story about the journalist.
    Except for the people who thought Hitler gassing Jews was just hunky dory.

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Quote Originally Posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    This is sinking to their level, but it's hard to not think Trump supporter = White Trash. I should give them the benefit of the doubt, but it's getting difficult to let them speak, let alone analyze their thoughts objectively.
    No, just "economically anxious".

Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Yeah yeah yeah, but to the Twitter Left if you don't explicitly call him a racist in your article (which he definitely is), that makes you complicit and basically a MAGAt.

Interestingly, it's usually the same folks who say that supporting Warren over Bernie makes you a corporate sellout!
    The active word in your sentence was Twitter. It nullifies the point you were trying to make. Any time you cite Twitter you are saying "yes but this exploding clown car of feces over here..." thus rendering whatever it is you were trying to say irrelevant with respect to the general population.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    To be fair, racists are typically economically anxious because they rarely have any marketable skill. The way they survive is politicians trade them welfare and racist rhetoric in return for their votes. They appear to make up a third of the population which I assume is an improvement over the past. Of course it may be the same percentage of whites are always racist but the relative percentage of whites in the population has dropped thus explaining the improvement.

tl; dr: Deport poor whites and see if it goes away.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Will it ever dawn on the MAGA_ts that whatever they chant at his Nuremberg rallies has never and will never happen? Build the wall, Make Mexico Pay, Lock her Up, Send her back (any others?). A brief sugar high for haters with zero lasting results. No doubt about it, Trump's path to re-election is hatred.

I’m beginning to think he’s pretty worried about Epstein. He basically said he’s enjoyed the hubbub over the racist tweets and I’m pretty sure that was the point.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    These things can definitely go hand in hand but obviously there are plenty of well-off racists too (just not nearly as many because our economy mostly benefits an increasingly smaller handful of people).
    Last edited by trixR4kids; 07-18-2019 at 08:34 AM.

So a Hovey headline is “President Tweets” while any other adjective is opinion?
    Look, I understand. You're an engineer. You're the reason the operator's manual for my refrigerator is 179 pages long.

But how about if a journalist (as opposed to an opinion writer) just writes the facts. It's not that hard. "On Sunday, the President of the United States issued a tweet targeting four freshman minority members of the House of Representatives. The President demanded the four "go back to the country you came from." All four are U.S. residents, and three were born in this country. Representative Ilhan Omar from Minnesota emigrated to the U.S. when she was 14. The President's comments were immediately condemned as racist and xenophobic by the four representatives as well as numerous other members of Congress. Speaker Pelosi responded ...."

It ain't that difficult.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Thread Information