Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:55: Wow, @CNN RATINGS HAVE CRASHED. LOST ALL CREDIBILITY!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
    It should have worked, but human nature being what it is, the mandarins kept the money instead of letting more coin slip thru their fingers.

However, I am not in favor of creating a tax collection behemoth to redistribute wealth. That just keeps more $$$ in Washington (or WVA) that should go out to the taxpayers and picks winners and losers.
    Those poor, poor Republicans. It’s not their fault - who could have seen this failure of their good intentions coming? Oh, right - friggin everybody, including the Republicans themselves. They absolutely knew - wealth inequality was always a feature, never a bug. The fact that you’re still here pitching it as an unintended consequence speaks volumes about your inability to put reality before ideology.
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Jesus was a straight out Commie. Matthew 19:21

Jesus answered, If you want to be perfect, go and sell your posessions, and invest in rental property to overcharge the poor, and you shall have treasure forever on Earth. Then come and follow me.
      Trump 19:21
      New Nationalist Version

*Edit* I really need to keep track of the changes I make, I think this is the third or fourth passage I've modified.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45:55: Wow, @CNN RATINGS HAVE CRASHED. LOST ALL CREDIBILITY!

Brent, AOC is not radically to the left and no it wasn't that I didn't like your answers it's that you didn't answer too often.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          You don't. And I'm not of that crowd. Some think I am. Some think others are. However, they refuse to even think about having a convo unless you are lock and step with them, and that's simply ridiculous. I'm not in the uber left crowd. That does not make me MAGA. It's not an either/or, and that is what frustrates me.
          So, why don't you protest the MAGAs with the same vigor and vitriol you use for the "far left"? Instead, you're always going out of you way to find reasons for the way they feel and vote the way they do.

A luxury you never reserve for the "far left".
          Last edited by rufus; 07-15-2019, 11:41 AM.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

There are a lot of conservatives like Rube out there, who think MAGA goes too far by the same degree that say a 70% top marginal rate does.

A lot of these people voted for Dump in 2016 not for Dump but because they were genuinely afraid of Hillary. Either they thought she was radical left or they thought she was a security risk (buttery males).

The concentration camps and kleptocracy and sucking off Putin are too far even for them so they're thinking they might have to vote D this time. Naturally they would like to vote for a "Democrat" who is indistinguishable from Dubya but they understand that isn't possible so they are pushing for a George H W Bush solid righty because to them that really is the "center." You have to consider the source.

Accommodating these people is impossible. For one thing, the far right is latent in Reagan/Bush -- it is their natural evolution. Reagan begot Newt begot Dubya begot Dump. More importantly in the short term, favoring Rubes will turn off so many Democrats that Dump can make it close enough for Putin to steal it again. This is precisely what happened in 2016.

A winning Democratic party does not have a nominee Rube can live with.
            Last edited by Kepler; 07-15-2019, 11:33 AM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              That's not quite fair. Yes, in my dream world Bernie is the center and Congressional debates concern whether (left) or not (right) to braise the rich before cooking them. But I recognize there is a legitimate place for a right in our country. Eisenhower was the true right. Buckley was the true far right. They both respected the rule of law. They'd both have confirmed Merrick Garland. They both understood the difference between a democracy-affirming faith and a theocracy-fevered zealotry.
              You are the guy at parties who explains why jokes arent accurate arent ya
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                Those poor, poor Republicans. It’s not their fault - who could have seen this failure of their good intentions coming? Oh, right - friggin everybody, including the Republicans themselves. They absolutely knew - wealth inequality was always a feature, never a bug. The fact that you’re still here pitching it as an unintended consequence speaks volumes about your inability to put reality before ideology.
                Outside of people who Laffer pays the VAST majority of Economists correctly predicted where Supply Side would get us. But yeah joe is right it is greed not math that caused it to fail
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  A winning Democratic party does not have a nominee Rube can live with.
                  100% correct.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

One thing: Anyone who does not do some door-knocking, phone bank calling, or other meaningful form of activism beyond just voting between now and November 2020 has nothing to complain about.

Comment

Hey guys Trump wasnt being racist...the "Squad" are Communists! See that makes it ok. Thanks for clearing it up Lindsay...
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

So Al Green gets a pass on "being too agressive" because he's been a rep since 2005, and has "done his time" learning from senior legislators?

He's only been blindly calling for Trump's impeachment since March 2017 without any more evidence than "he fired Comey!"

Unfortunately, I find him jumping straight to an impeachment vote without any hearings WAY more wild than anything AOC has done in the past five months.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Nancy, or a couple potential presidential candidates, might want to round up their coworkers and at least let everyone get on the same chapter of the playbook.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            You are the guy at parties who explains why jokes arent accurate arent ya
                            I don't get invited to parties.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              So Al Green gets a pass on "being too agressive" because he's been a rep since 2005, and has "done his time" learning from senior legislators?

He's only been blindly calling for Trump's impeachment since March 2017 without any more evidence than "he fired Comey!"

Unfortunately, I find him jumping straight to an impeachment vote without any hearings WAY more wild than anything AOC has done in the past five months.
                              Al has a problem.
                              He's neither young, nor photogenic, nor female.
                              Otherwise, you've defined him well

As such, he can't and won't get any camera time.

But then what's that say about the media.
                              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

What did those ladies say that angered Trump so much?

Did they agree with Putin that our system of government was obsolete?

Did they bad mouth veterans who got captured?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X