Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45:55: Wow, @CNN RATINGS HAVE CRASHED. LOST ALL CREDIBILITY!

Re: POTUS 45:55: Wow, @CNN RATINGS HAVE CRASHED. LOST ALL CREDIBILITY!

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    I want to go for 50 cents, then when everyone is on board, because 50 cents is, well, alright we'll do that. THEN go for another 50 cents. Well, ok, 50 cents isn't that much, sure. Repeat. All of a sudden you have a couple bucks.
    You obviously have never had to pay property taxes.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

I want to go for 50 cents, then when everyone is on board, because 50 cents is, well, alright we'll do that. THEN go for another 50 cents. Well, ok, 50 cents isn't that much, sure. Repeat. All of a sudden you have a couple bucks.
    so you don't want a dime. You'll take a penny.

You let me know when everyone is on board. Tell Mitch you said that's how it's gotta be.
    Last edited by rufus; 07-14-2019 at 03:17 PM.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    You let me know when everyone is on board. Tell Mitch you said so.
    Obama did pretty well performing that method. Then Trump went Godzilla on it. Just sayin'.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Going for all or nothing will get you nothing. That has been proven over and over throughout history.
    Not true. Reagan went for it all and he got it. 40 years straight.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

Obama did pretty well performing that method. Then Trump went Godzilla on it. Just sayin'.
    We're talking campaigns here, not governing. Obama excited people, here and abroad, unlike anyone since Kennedy.

rock and roller

How many Republican votes did the ACA get again?

How about that stimulus package? Wasn't very effective, was it? Could have used a few hundred more billion, couldn't it? Now why wasn't it bigger?

How much did Obama do by executive order, cause he couldn't get it passed by Congress otherwise? remember how he got attacked for it. You know, governing like a dictator?

Have you even watched how government has been working over the last 20 years? You're like Joe Biden talking about how cooperative and bipartisan all those Republican congressmen are gonna be once Trump is out of office.

As I said, incredibly......................................

And then pushed toward the center on every issue, lost a ton of ground but still won a second term, and then lost even more ground in terms of popularity and then Trump won (yes it was Hillary but he didn’t put her in the most enviable position either).

There’s literally zero evidence that bold agendas are less likely to pass than means tested third way stuff.

Still would prefer better choices though. It ain't the 70's, 80's or 90's anymore. Time for some new solutions.
    Idk, I kinda like the idea of 135 degree summer days when I’m 80.

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    And then pushed toward the center on every issue, lost a ton of ground but still won a second term, and then lost even more ground in terms of popularity and then Trump won (yes it was Hillary but he didn’t put her in the most enviable position either).

There’s literally zero evidence that bold agendas are less likely to pass than means tested third way stuff.
    Rube wants centrism. It worked so well under Obama and Clinton. So well. Meanwhile Republicans since Reagan have gone full radical on the bit and got **** done.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

rock and roller

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post

Sure, but you can start bold, and then settle somewhere in te middle. Rube's 50 cents. The problem is, Obama started in the middle on everything, and then worked ever back further to the right to get everybody on board, just as Rube wants. Take ACA. A Heritage Foundation plan that Romney pushed in Mass. 50 cents. Obama drops the public option, now we're down to 35 cents. Keeps whittling away, adding things that Republicans want, especially Olympia Snowe, dropping the more radical parts of the plan, so he can say he passed a bipartisan plan with Republicans on board. Now we're down to 20 cents, 15. Olympia says she'll vote for it if only Obama includes this. 10 cents. Bill goes to Congress. No Republican votes for it. You got your 10 cent Democrat/90 cent Republican bill passed. And they still used it to pummel your azz in the next election. Still are.

If they're gonna use a piece of legislation to attack you in an election, then let it at least be a piece of legislation that is simple, works well, is economical, and helps people. Not some cobbled together Rube Goldberg contraption to try to achieve bipartisan support. And if it doesn't pass? Then use the benefits that plan would have brought to millions of people to pummel their Republican azzes in the next election.

Christ, that's what the Republicans do, every frickin' time. And Democrats sit around moaning, oh, we don't want to upset anyone, they won't like us. Do something for people. Help them. Let them know it's you that did that for them. They'll like you just fine. Might even vote for you because of it.
    Last edited by rufus; 07-14-2019 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Rube wants centrism. It worked so well under Obama and Clinton. So well. Meanwhile Republicans since Reagan have gone full radical on the bit and got **** done.
    But I thought Obama was one of the best presidents of all time (he was, btw)? If he was one of the best, but nothing worked...

Can't have it both ways.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

rock and roller
    But I thought Obama was one of the best presidents of all time (he was, btw)? If he was one of the best, but nothing worked...

Can't have it both ways.
    Who told you that? He wasn't.

After Bush Jr. though, it just seemed that way. Sorta like how my cat would be one of the best presidents ever after Trump.

Who told you that? He wasn't.

After Bush Jr. though, it just seemed that way. Sorta like how my cat would be one of the best presidents ever after Trump.
    Not according to many people around here.....

rock and roller
    I think he was pretty good, considering what he was up against, and the way things are today. Did the best he could given Repubs intransigence.

Nowhere near the upper echelon of presidents.

And I think you misinterpret others' opinions. Quel surprise.

I think he was pretty good, considering what he was up against, and the way things are today. Did the best he could given Repubs intransigence.

Nowhere near the upper echelon of presidents.

And I think you misinterpret others' opinions. Quel surprise.
    Anytime anyone spoke ill of Obama, they were pounced on. Quel surprise.

Yep, still here

Older Dems grew up getting 17 (72), 49 (80), and 13 (84) Electoral Votes. They're going to be frightened into pushing for Republican Lite/Centrists until they die off.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    Older Dems grew up getting 17 (72), 49 (80), and 13 (84) Electoral Votes. They're going to be frightened into pushing for Republican Lite/Centrists until they die off.
    And my point is they are going to lose because of that. It's not easy, I understand that. Just build it up, brick by brick.

Kings affiliate
    Maybe not best ever...but easily best in my lifetime.
    Seen those polls recently.

Quote Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Maybe not best ever...but easily best in my lifetime.
    Seen those polls recently.
    That's why I said ONE of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    Boy is that comment BS

Thread Information