Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:55: Wow, @CNN RATINGS HAVE CRASHED. LOST ALL CREDIBILITY!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:55: Wow, @CNN RATINGS HAVE CRASHED. LOST ALL CREDIBILITY!

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    True class from Eoin Morgan and the entire England squad going to 10 Downing Street last night. I’m sure there are a lot of them who aren’t fans of Theresa May and she is very unpopular in general yet they still went. Our athletes could learn a lot from them.
    Disagree completely. I respect those athletes who choose not to go to the WH, just as I admire and respect athletes' choice to kneel or sit to draw attention to social injustice. It's the kind of political expression our country was founded to preserve.

As far as learning to show respect for the Office, let's start with the current occupant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      True class from Eoin Morgan and the entire England squad going to 10 Downing Street last night. I’m sure there are a lot of them who aren’t fans of Theresa May and she is very unpopular in general yet they still went. Our athletes could learn a lot from them.
      Wow you’re back to posting absolute bull ****

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Funny how you can post that without a hint of irony, given your president's use of government assets and the bully pulpit to indeed, pick winners and losers economically, and call for boycotts, or reducing funds for industries or companies he doesn't like.
        Welfare is a-ok when it’s for coal miners and farmers

Comment

Drew is like so many who value the flag more than the principles it stands for.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
            Drew is like so many who value the flag more than the principles it stands for.
            It’s not respect for the office or flag, it’s respect for your team and your on field accomplishments. I’m sure it was something Eoin, Mo, and Dilly all wanted to skip yet they went. That is class and tact which we don’t see much of in the modern world.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Theresa May isn’t tweeting hate everyday, putting kids in cages and stripping women’s rights. Not liking her is different than not liking trump.

It doesn’t take courage to visit trump, it takes courage not to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Theresa May isn’t tweeting hate everyday, putting kids in cages and stripping women’s rights. Not liking her is different than not liking trump.

Nor was Obama doing those things and athletes still skipped.

Comment

And who cares? It’s their right

Comment

He’s having another Twitter meltdown today. Be proud, drew.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Bingo.

Comment

It is well within the rights of an athlete to boycott a White House visit for whatever reason they want. Any invitation and visit to the White House is an inherently political act.

I admire Rapinoe et al for not going and announcing they won't go. This President is a monster, his administration are thugs, and his voters are either stupid, bad, or brainwashed.

She's a hero, on and off the pitch.

It is obviously easier for those of us who are on the opposite aisle from Dump to protest him. Even more of a hero would be a conservative who boycotted him and called him out. Unfortunately they are no longer any conservative heroes, only casuists and fools.

This is the lowest moment for American conservatism in history and not one prominent conservative has shown the slightest patriotism or personal honor. That must have implications about the ethical consequences of holding to that philosophy. Ideas have consequences.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

And I personally didn't give a sh*t that Tim Thomas was a racist birther and refused to go to the White House.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            And I personally didn't give a sh*t that Tim Thomas was a racist birther and refused to go to the White House.
                            People who protest show us who they are. Thomas showed he was a racist and a moron. Rapinoe is showing she is a hero and a moral beacon.

In the Areopagitica, Milton defended freedom of speech because it shows us who the speaker really is and then we can judge. Thomas found a home. Now Rapinoe does as well. We know them by their acts. It's important and it's why the right of protest is essential.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Nowhere did I say an athlete doesn’t have the right to. They can do whatever they want, obviously. The point was these sort of protests detract from on field accomplishments and moves the spotlight away from the team and on to the individual. We could debate forever on the virtues of various leaders and honestly as far as I’m concerned that is beside the point. What happened last night was a refreshing change and I’m even more proud of them, which I didn’t think was possible.

Comment

Nowhere did I say an athlete doesn’t have the right to. They can do whatever they want, obviously. The point was these sort of protests detract from on field accomplishments and moves the spotlight away from the team and on to the individual. We could debate forever on the virtues of various leaders and honestly as far as I’m concerned that is beside the point. What happened last night was a refreshing change and I’m even more proud of them, which I didn’t think was possible.
                                BS. You clearly feel our athletes shouldn't be doing it.

Our athletes are doing what other athletes could learn from.

Comment

Working...
                                X