X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    Missing World Cups?

Some things??
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      The cupboard isn't bare, the cupboard is young.

So Sayeth Jeremy Epstein

Comment

• Re: World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

What is the origination of “caps”?

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          What is the origination of “caps”?
          Hats were the original “uniform”, rather than shirts. It eventually morphed into more of a ceremonial thing, receiving one after each game. Now most teams only do it for milestones if they do it at all.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I always hoped Preki would become a star for the name alone.

Comment

The MLS Playoffs need to hurry up and start because anything involving US Soccer is unreadable at this point. Now I understand what Mexico was going through 2002 to 2010. JFC.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                The MLS Playoffs need to hurry up and start because anything involving US Soccer is unreadable at this point. Now I understand what Mexico was going through 2002 to 2010. JFC.
                I take it you've seen this.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  I take it you've seen this.
                  It’s a drop in the bucket at this point, r/mls is unreadable at this point.

For that article, in true Deadspin fashion, a Canadian commenter summed it up nicely:
                  But c’mon, this is Canada.
                  I’m Canadian (and have mostly come down from last night’s high, thank you) but since I root for an MLS team and like to talk about soccer online I am basically forcibly immersed in the Discourse surrounding the USMNT’s increasingly frequent embarassing defeats to non-Mexico teams in CONCACAF, so listen to me now and believe me later on when I say that the mindset leading anyone to write this sentence is the entire reason this keeps happening to you, because you consistently overrate your talent, underestimate your regional opponents, and undervalue regional tournaments, so that you can frame losing games like this entirely as a result of your own team’s and federation’s failings rather than, say, other teams being better than you expect.

A team with Christian Pulisic,
                  against a team with Alphonso Davies,

Weston McKennie,
                  Mark-Anthony Kaye or Sam Piette or Scott Arfield,

Josh Sargent,
                  Jonathan David,

and Jordan Morris
                  and Lucas Cavallini or Junior Hoilett or even ****ing Cyle Larin,

should have no problem dispatching the **** Canadians, let alone getting comprehensively beaten by a 2–0 scoreline that if anything flatters the USMNT.
                  should really have a more thorough understanding of their opposition and/or a more realistic view of themselves, or else no process changes or management changes will have any effect on whether they get outplayed by a team that actually takes the competition they’re in and the opponents they face seriously.
                  Everyone is melting down talking about how the coach is terrible, the leadership at the USSF is corrupt and everything is MLS/SUM conspiracy but no one is saying what should be said: “our players aren’t as good as we think they are, even Pulisic and McKennie, Canada, and other CONCACAF teams, have players just as good, and Canada, desperately trying to make the Hex, played a good game at home and won. Maybe we should take a deep breath and look at this rationally.”
                  I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

The talent may not be as good as we think but I can't disagree with an argument that the US should not be in this situation and that the Federation is to blame for it.
                    As it stands....i won't be shocked at missing 2022.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                      "I wouldn't say I've been missing it, Bob."

Comment

The talent may not be as good as we think but I can't disagree with an argument that the US should not be in this situation and that the Federation is to blame for it.
                        I don’t disagree that the US shouldn’t be in this situation and the Federation is to blame either, but the things that people are complaining about are either largely improving or nearly impossible to fix.

People are still PO’d about 2018 and it’s clouding their judgement. Everyone wants to blow things up and have massive changes, disregarding the fact there’s a new President, GM, and Coach among other changes, because things aren’t improving RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Look, they’re not as good as they used to be and not as good as they (hopefully) will be. Games like these will happen, and yeah they suck, but it doesn’t mean the end is nigh and they won’t qualify for the World Cup.

If they lose to Canada at home in a month then yeah there’s probably reason to be concerned.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I think the bigger thing right now is we aren't seeing improvement from a game to game basis and that rhe style he wants to play isn't suited for the guys we have.
                          It's all well and good to say we want to generate from the back like City does...but we don't have the players to do that.
                          Playing that style right now isn't good for us and won't help the guys playing get better so it makes no sense to play it.
                          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I think the bigger thing right now is we aren't seeing improvement from a game to game basis and that rhe style he wants to play isn't suited for the guys we have.
                            It's all well and good to say we want to generate from the back like City does...but we don't have the players to do that.
                            Playing that style right now isn't good for us and won't help the guys playing get better so it makes no sense to play it.
                            I can agree with that.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I do think one point to make that a lot people gloss over is that MLS is doing something else...its giving more Non-americans in CONCACAF a place to improve their game. Costa Rica, Honduras, and Canada have a "quality" league to have players continue their development. There is little doubt that USA needs to be better, but I do think we have to accept that MLS is helping make CONCACAF better too.
                              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                                I also think its a difficult thing to implement during international windows. This isn't a club where he gets to work on it with them week to week...its a week here and then a month off where they're getting different training. You have to learn how to deal with that and I don't think Berhalter is doing a great job of that either.
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X