No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    What's the rationale for the rule being different for a goalkeeper? Why not extend handball=PK to all players in the event of a passback?
    Because it wasn't illegal until the early 90's (it was changed after the godawful 1990 World Cup) and they didn't want to punish it more severely than the other offenses that can be committed by the GK like the six seconds rule or the double touch rule.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      The reasoning was linked in the article. The referee called the goalkeeper for handling the ball after it was deliberately played to him by a teammate (or in simple terms a "passback") which is an indirect free kick. Because the incident took place in the goal area the IFK is moved to the top of the goal area closest to the point of the foul. The defenders have to line up on the goal line because they have to be ten yards away but they can't be off the field, thus they're six yards away on the goal line.

It's an IFK because the rules are different for goalkeepers, they are allowed to handle the ball in their penalty area after all, so the handling offenses by them are IFKs.

Yeah, the defense is at a bit of an advantage in these situations (and being a referee in these situations suck).
      I’ve seen it ONCE when I was reffing a game. It was not fun trying to explain to the coaches what was going on. Nobody but us three refs knew what was happening.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        I’ve seen it ONCE when I was reffing a game. It was not fun trying to explain to the coaches what was going on. Nobody but us three refs knew what was happening.
        Since I recently became an Instructor I always like to say to newer refs “Study up on this stuff. The more you ref the more likely it is crazy stuff like this will happen and you’ll have to know what to do.”

IFKs from the top of the goal area are one of the worst (still doesn’t beat “player taking the ball to the corner, where your AR is not at, to waste time”). Trying to a) keep all the defenders ON the goal line, b) monitor the team taking the kick and c) trying to stay out of the way of any potential play while doing a and b.
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Nobody but us three refs knew what was happening.
          Which is pretty much anytime you ref a youth soccer game.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Wait - I swear I've seen passbacks to the K handled before without penalty?

Anyway this is awesome:

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Wait - I swear I've seen passbacks to the K handled before without penalty?

Anyway this is awesome:

Can't use your foot. You can head it back and they can still handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Protest works.
                Originally posted by unofan View Post
                Can't use your foot. You can head it back and they can still handle it.
                you can use anything but your foot...if I'm not mistaken, you can backpass with your shin and the goalie can pick it up.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  you can use anything but your foot...if I'm not mistaken, you can backpass with your shin and the goalie can pick it up.
                  Yeah the wording in the Laws is very specific:
                  it has been deliberately kicked to the goalkeeper by a team-mate
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

What is the point of having VAR if it nitpicks over some calls and then actually misses "clear and obvious" ones? All indications are that this play wasn't even considered for review.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

What is the point of having VAR if it nitpicks over some calls and then actually misses "clear and obvious" ones? All indications are that this play wasn't even considered for review.
                      Because that’s a terrible angle to review from and the ones available showed he clearly wasn’t in an offside position?
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

He's not offsides, he scores off his arm.

Comment

Here's a better angle:

Comment

ffs his hand and arm completely moved after contact.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              ffs his hand and arm completely moved after contact.
                              Tell me how VAR doesn't even recommend that for review? Whats the point if something that clear and obvious is missed?
                              Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 09-26-2019, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Tell how VAR doesn't even recommend that for review? Whats the point if something that clear and obvious is missed?
                                Best I can say:

A) MLS isn’t using the new LOTG yet because the season started before they were released.

B) His arms look to be in a natural position for someone jumping and he doesn’t move his arm towards the ball.

I mean this why they changed the Laws for this.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X