Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 580

Thread: World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

  1. #181
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oasis in the middle east
    Posts
    43,579

    Re: World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

    Mookie watched today’s game.
    They played decent and controlled play for the most part.
    Couple sloppy tries when they had the ball deep with chances that should have come through.
    Then needed some solid saves to keep the point in hand.

    Oh well.

  2. #182
    (Comrade Fox)
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    1,302

    Re: World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

    Hell of a MLS game tonight between Philly and Atlanta, top of the East table clash lived up to the hype, Union won 3-1.

    As for my PL team, Saints scrapped out a draw with United and probably could've won if it weren't for Danso getting sent off, so I'm happy
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

    Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

    /r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

  3. #183
    Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    49th
    Posts
    19,477
    Quote Originally Posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
    Hell of a MLS game tonight between Philly and Atlanta, top of the East table clash lived up to the hype, Union won 3-1.

    As for my PL team, Saints scrapped out a draw with United and probably could've won if it weren't for Danso getting sent off, so I'm happy
    Philly may quietly be the best team in MLS right now.

  4. #184
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    17,011

    Re: World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Philly may quietly be the best team in MLS right now.
    Thats really hard to say with how dominant LAFC has been in a much more crowded Western Conference.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

    Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

  5. #185
    Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    49th
    Posts
    19,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Thats really hard to say with how dominant LAFC has been in a much more crowded Western Conference.
    I think LAFC has looked vulnerable at times, especially against the Galaxy. It’ll be interesting to see how Minnesota does tonight.

  6. #186
    Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    49th
    Posts
    19,477

    Re: World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

    Sounders v Galaxy goes from the worst game of the year to one of the best.

    Seattle wins 4-3.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

    Quote Originally Posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Quote Originally Posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

  7. #187
    Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    49th
    Posts
    19,477

    Re: World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    Thats really hard to say with how dominant LAFC has been in a much more crowded Western Conference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    I think LAFC has looked vulnerable at times, especially against the Galaxy. It’ll be interesting to see how Minnesota does tonight.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

    Quote Originally Posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Quote Originally Posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

  8. #188
    2147483647
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    23,768

    Re: World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

    Im not sure you exactly predicted a loss.

  9. #189
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    17,011

    Re: World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    pretty rotated squad and Vela was out...if you watched the game, it didn't look possible for MNUFC to take that beating for 90 minutes and keep a clean sheet...it was crazy.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

    Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

  10. #190
    Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    49th
    Posts
    19,477
    Quote Originally Posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Im not sure you exactly predicted a loss.
    Details.

  11. #191
    Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    49th
    Posts
    19,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    pretty rotated squad and Vela was out...if you watched the game, it didn't look possible for MNUFC to take that beating for 90 minutes and keep a clean sheet...it was crazy.
    Eh, it happens all the time in soccer. Still, MNUFC handed LAFC their first home loss of the season and that’s pretty impressive.

    Wasn’t Minnesota missing Alonso too?

  12. #192
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    17,011

    Re: World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Eh, it happens all the time in soccer. Still, MNUFC handed LAFC their first home loss of the season and that’s pretty impressive.

    Wasn’t Minnesota missing Alonso too?
    Yup, and their starting LB

  13. #193
    Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    49th
    Posts
    19,477

    Re: World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

    So, Seattle v Colorado on April 23 gets canceled due to a snowstorm (after Seattle was already in Denver) and rescheduled to this weekend.

    During the International break.

    Where Seattle has 10 players called up.

    Seattle will have to apply for an emergency roster exemption so they can sign a couple of their minor league team players just so they have enough subs.

  14. #194
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    42,692

    Re: World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

    MLS tells a handful of Portland fans not to show up for a few games for flying an Iron Front banner.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

  15. #195
    Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    49th
    Posts
    19,477
    Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    MLS tells a handful of Portland fans not to show up for a few games for flying an Iron Front banner.
    Link

    This is going to get ugly. Expect a lot of Iron Front flags at games in the next few weeks. The Streisand Effect is real.

  16. #196
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    42,692

    Re: World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Link

    This is going to get ugly. Expect a lot of Iron Front flags at games in the next few weeks. The Streisand Effect is real.
    I don't understand any of this. If I can walk in with any one of my Pride flags (personal AND political), why are they so hard on this flag?
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

  17. #197
    Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    49th
    Posts
    19,477
    Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    I don't understand any of this. If I can walk in with any one of my Pride flags (personal AND political), why are they so hard on this flag?
    Because Antifa.

  18. #198
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    42,692

    Re: World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Because Antifa.
    Ah yes, of course.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

  19. #199
    Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    49th
    Posts
    19,477
    Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Ah yes, of course.
    Yeah, left leaning is ok in Corporate America but outright left is bad.

  20. #200
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    42,692

    Re: World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Yeah, left leaning is ok in Corporate America but outright left is bad.
    But I'm sure walking in with a Trump/Pence 2020 flag is totally okay.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •