Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXX: We Have Men Too!

McKennie and Pulisic looking terrible against Canada.

But remember it’s Berhalter’s fault!
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      McKennie and Pulisic looking terrible against Canada.
      That makes sense though. Canada is such a good team.

Comment

Boy, we're lucky we get an autobid to the Hex.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          That makes sense though. Canada is such a good team.
          2-0 Canada.

I’m sorry, but this can’t be just blamed on Berhalter, the players on the field were just terrible.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

From Reddit:
            Lol in this thread the hate for GGG... he can't play the positions for these guys and keep them from making stupid mistakes. These are professional players and they couldn't complete simple passes... he also can't magically summon a different player pool.
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Is GGG Gregg Berhalter's nickname? If so that's rather funny.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Is GGG Gregg Berhalter's nickname? If so that's rather funny.
                Yes.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

North Korea hosts South Korea for the first time in 30 years in men’s WC qualifier... in front of empty stands and no tv. Total apparent blackout and with internet issues South Korea had to email updates.

https://apnews.com/d8e1c4073b6c487ab...ign=SocialFlow
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

For as much **** as the US is getting for last night, and deservedly so, Canada deserves a lot of credit. They've come a long way the last few years and have put together a tricky side with a lot of likable talent, and that game has to be a big confidence boost. With their own league now in existence (with a caliber of play that honestly surprised me), excited to see the future of Canadian soccer.
                    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
                    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                      For as much **** as the US is getting for last night, and deservedly so, Canada deserves a lot of credit. They've come a long way the last few years and have put together a tricky side with a lot of likable talent, and that game has to be a big confidence boost. With their own league now in existence (with a caliber of play that honestly surprised me), excited to see the future of Canadian soccer.
                      While Canada had not defeated the US in 34 years...some of that was USA dominance, but some of that was Canada incompetence. There really is no reason that Canada shouldn't be in the Hex regularly and the confederation shouldn't have a big 4. It is nice to see Canada get this in from their perspective.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                        Yeah, it’s the biggest thing from last night that’s being ignored, people just seemingly ignoring the fact Canada has a good team with a star player that is arguably better than Pulisic.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

But remember, it’s Berhalter’s fault.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            But remember, it’s Berhalter’s fault.
                            Didn't they blame Arena before this and Jergen Whatshiskraut before that?

It sounds like the US soccer media is basically the Boston sports media. Always Be Chiding.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              Yeah, it’s the biggest thing from last night that’s being ignored, people just seemingly ignoring the fact Canada has a good team with a star player that is arguably better than Pulisic.
                              It's a fairly young group too. Only 4 players on the squad called up for this game are in their 30s (Borjan is 31, Vitoria 32, Arfield 30, and backup keeper Jayson Leutwiler is 30)
                              https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
                              https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                              NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                              Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Didn't they blame Arena before this and Jergen Whatshiskraut before that?

It sounds like the US soccer media is basically the Boston sports media. Always Be Chiding.
                                I’m seeing blame tossed at everything but the players. Berhalter, Klinsmann, Arena, Earnie Stewart (the USMNT GM), Carlos Cordeiro (US Soccer President), MLS, Don Garber, US Soccer, Trump, Obama, everyone but the actual players.

Every time Pulisic got the ball he would try to dribble through 5 Canadian players and give the ball up. Josh Sargent is supposed to be a forward and is standing by the US goal. Nobody in the midfield could complete a basic pass at times. Two players leave a Canadian completely unmarked at the back post for a goal. But it’s the coach’s fault.

You couldn’t pay me enough to be the USMNT Coach right now. Everyone is mad as hell and wants results RIGHT NOW despite the fact that a) the current veteran players are either largely not very good or past their prime and b) the young players are not good enough at the international level yet to replace said veterans.

It’s not like Berhalter went Klinsmann-esque crazy with a new formation and players playing positions they don’t know. It was a solid lineup and formation given the player pool and they just sucked.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X