This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woodenskates View Post
    At least UBC will have real fishing with fish that you can eat without coming from a hot lake.
    Door County has authentic fish boils. Here in Dane County they come out ready to eat; no reason to boil. Like I posted earlier, not me.

Maybe UBC has it on the radio, but I doubt it. Too early, not much interest, and an exhibition.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

At least UBC will have real fishing with fish that you can eat without coming from a hot lake.
      Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      Door County has authentic fish boils. Here in Dane County they come out ready to eat; no reason to boil. Like I posted earlier, not me.

Maybe UBC has it on the radio, but I doubt it. Too early, not much interest, and an exhibition.
      Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
      It looks like the UBC website will have live streaming stats, maybe.

Speaking of fishing, my brother is up at LOTW at the moment and posting some ridiculous pics. I think there was a closeup of a tail fin hitting 50 3/4" on the board and another shot of my 13 yr old nephew with his fat 45".
      Sweet. We're throwing big hardware in the water tomorrow AM. Actually, we've had more action on medium size hardware lately.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Trust me, I think MCR ate some bad fish years ago so he's a little out in left field on this one. The Madison chain is not a boiling pot of not quite dead yet but almost dead fish. This message brought to you by the Dane County Parks System.

No radio! Come on UW/iHeart radio, sell some advertising and get these on the air. What is this, 1874?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          No radio! Come on UW/iHeart radio, sell some advertising and get these on the air. What is this, 1874?
          After a little research, UBC doesn't have a radio stream either. We'll have to depend on morse code I guess.

https://youtu.be/8151L1h5xqg
          Last edited by MadCityRich; 08-23-2019, 06:31 PM.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Potential centers: Turcotte, Holloway, Baker, Messner, Pelton-Byce, Mersch, Lindmark and B. Caufield.

Lindmark and Turcotte have to be centers, they can actually win faceoffs. I think Baker and TPB also @ center gives them a lot of experience, I just don't know if either of those guys are 4th line guys with Tourcotte 1st/2nd line C and Lindmark 3rd line C.

PP combos:

unit 1: Cole Caufield, Alex Turcotte and Linus Weissbach with defensemen Wyatt Kalynuk and K'Andre Miller.
            unit 2: D Ty Emberson with a combination of F Tarek Baker, Dylan Holloway, Jack Gorniak, Ty Pelton-Byce and Max Zimmer.
            Only 1 D on unit 2...interesting.

Todd M will attempt to do something live from the games this weekend. I'm sure we all will appreciate anything that he can give us.

Comment

Let's play a game!

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                Let's play a game!

Pelton-Byce-Turcotte-S. Dhooghe
                Weissbach-Holloway-C. Caufield
                Gorniak-Lindmark-Baker
                Ahcan-Mersch-Donovan
                B. Caufield

Miller-Emberson
                Kalynuk-Ess
                Inamoto-Vorlicky

Lebedeff

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                  Pelton-Byce-Turcotte-S. Dhooghe
                  Weissbach-Holloway-C. Caufield
                  Gorniak-Lindmark-Baker
                  Ahcan-Mersch-Donovan
                  B. Caufield

Miller-Emberson
                  Kalynuk-Ess
                  Inamoto-Vorlicky

Lebedeff
                  Weissbach-Turcotte-S. Dhooghe
                  Gorniak-Holloway-C. Caufield
                  TPB-Lindmark-Baker
                  Ahcan-Mersch-Donovan
                  B. Caufield

I flipped the wings around to ensure that Weissbach and Gorniak the best possible chance to get off to a hot start in this pre-season.

Comment

OMG!!! Hockey News!!!

Article from the Montreal Canadiens quotes TG in reference to Goal Caufield
                    LINK
                    "He's going to play a lot. He's going to have a great opportunity to get lots of ice time. Turcotte and [Linus] Weissbach will probably be the line he starts with. At some point [Dylan] Holloway will be on the ice with him"

Looks like a powerful like with Caufield, Turcotte, Weissbach.

I was thinking that it would be likely (at least early in the season) to keep Caufield and Turcotte on the same line since they obviously have chemistry form the past few years.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

So what should our expectations be for this weekend? Win both by 3, 4 or 5?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        So what should our expectations be for this weekend? Win both by 3, 4 or 5?
                        I'm very excited Tim; my thoughts.......

Any players who were on the USNTDP last year certainly played very good competition, so I'm expecting a lot from the Frosh, at least this weekend.
                        Not to knock UBC, but from what I've read they aren't quite D-1 material. I assume any players who are, go to the CHL. Probably a sweep and a GREAT experience. The goal differential depends on our 'tendies.

It accelerates after this weekend. They have 6 weeks until the east coast swing, and 7 weeks until we play the NCAA champs UMD who we used to call "GOpher REjects, clap...clap...clap,clap,clap". Times have changed, eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                          Not to knock UBC, but from what I've read they aren't quite D-1 material. I assume any players who are, go to the CHL.
                          Pretty much their entire roster is ex-WHL players. They may not be the WHL guys who jumped into pro hockey after aging out (except that one ECHL alum), but they're still guys in their twenties who aged out of the WHL, not guys who played low junior levels. I have no idea how good they are on a scale from 0 to Alberta Golden Bears, though, and they're still certainly be underdogs.

Comment

I'm very excited Tim; my thoughts.......

Not to knock UBC, but from what I've read they aren't quite D-1 material. I assume any players who are, go to the CHL.
                            UBC hockey usually has a fair number of ex CHLers on their roster. After the WHL (and CHL) kids age out of Junior, they can't play NCAA so they use up their "scholarships" from the CHL and play for schools like UBC. I think it is a bit of a sweeping comment to say that they don't have any good players. You might be surprised if you watched USports Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by woodenskates View Post
                              UBC hockey usually has a fair number of ex CHLers on their roster. After the WHL (and CHL) kids age out of Junior, they can't play NCAA so they use up their "scholarships" from the CHL and play for schools like UBC. I think it is a bit of a sweeping comment to say that they don't have any good players. You might be surprised if you watched USports Hockey
                              Jesus Christ, you quoted my post. Where did I write "...that they dont have any good players..."?

Comment

It is (exibition) GAMEDAY!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X