This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    Football starts tonight, boys. Not just the Packers, but I'm also getting excited for Badger Football.

....and we ALL know what comes next. 🏒 . I'm "cautiously" optimistic about Badger Hockey, but ALWAYS look forward to it.
    I’m a bit nervous re badger football. With Scott Frost at Nebraska and Northwestern coming back along with a tough schedule i’m Really hoping they can get 7-8 wins. Anything beyond that is a huge bonus. I hope Chryst plays freshman if they’re ready. Mertz And Brown could start I think?
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      I’m a bit nervous re badger football. With Scott Frost at Nebraska and Northwestern coming back along with a tough schedule i’m Really hoping they can get 7-8 wins. Anything beyond that is a huge bonus. I hope Chryst plays freshman if they’re ready. Mertz And Brown could start I think?
      I am confident Chryst will play the guys who give them the best chance to win, however, Coan's play last year did not make me feel all warm and fuzzy.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        I am confident Chryst will play the guys who give them the best chance to win, however, Coan's play last year did not make me feel all warm and fuzzy.
        Yeah, i’m Not sold on Coan AT ALL.
        Start Mertz and have him calling high school receivers to recruit them for next season!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
          Not sure what you are talking about... PROPER football starts tomorrow when the Premier League begins.
          Australian football was codified first!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
            Yeah, i’m Not sold on Coan AT ALL.
            Start Mertz and have him calling high school receivers to recruit them for next season!
            Apparently Wolf is looking really good at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
              Good to know!
              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                Great Mark!
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

At the moment it is looking like #1 Coan #2 Wolf and #3 Mertz. Coan is apparently looking like the clear cut #1 with Wolf and Mertz battling for the backup job.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                    At the moment it is looking like #1 Coan #2 Wolf and #3 Mertz. Coan is apparently looking like the clear cut #1 with Wolf and Mertz battling for the backup job.
                    If it holds true local hospitals will be flooded with a lot of head trauma cases in a few weeks. I have some thinner left over from the Eaves Era so I won't be banging my head against the wall.

I decided against season tickets this year (I was pondering my first foray into that club.) In the end the flexibility of not locking myself down to Fridays or Saturdays won out over the thought of making a dream come true. Another factor is the availability of tickets is usually no problem, so again why lock in? I will surely be attending a record amount of games this year however and am totally looking forward to it. Looks like the single game tickets go on sale 9/20.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                      Who the hell is wolf?

Coan is not the answer by a long shot.

Comment

I decided against season tickets this year (I was pondering my first foray into that club.) In the end the flexibility of not locking myself down to Fridays or Saturdays won out over the thought of making a dream come true. Another factor is the availability of tickets is usually no problem, so again why lock in? I will surely be attending a record amount of games this year however and am totally looking forward to it. Looks like the single game tickets go on sale 9/20.
                        What pushed me to make the jump years ago was looking at how much I was paying in extra charges when I would order for 1 or 2 games at a time.

It was something like an extra $1 per ticket and an extra $10 per order or something crazy like that. A few weeks of spending that extra money really added up and I was able to justify converting all of those extra charges into extra tickets.

You get a slight discount on the actual ticket, normally $24 becomes $20. You only pay 1 processing charge.

I get the seats that I want for every game. Not to mention the ability to go on auto-pilot as soon as I park the car. I know which gate to go to, I know where my favorite concessions are, I know where the closest bathrooms are.

I'll admit, I probably come close to breaking even or possibly even lose some money over the course of the season. There will always be a game or two where I am out of town, or not feeling well, or have other commitments so some tickets go unused.

It is a decision for each fan to make, but these were the factors that pushed me over the top and I've been happy that I did.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                          What pushed me to make the jump years ago was looking at how much I was paying in extra charges when I would order for 1 or 2 games at a time.

It was something like an extra $1 per ticket and an extra $10 per order or something crazy like that. A few weeks of spending that extra money really added up and I was able to justify converting all of those extra charges into extra tickets.

You get a slight discount on the actual ticket, normally $24 becomes $20. You only pay 1 processing charge.

I get the seats that I want for every game. Not to mention the ability to go on auto-pilot as soon as I park the car. I know which gate to go to, I know where my favorite concessions are, I know where the closest bathrooms are.

I'll admit, I probably come close to breaking even or possibly even lose some money over the course of the season. There will always be a game or two where I am out of town, or not feeling well, or have other commitments so some tickets go unused.

It is a decision for each fan to make, but these were the factors that pushed me over the top and I've been happy that I did.
                          These are all excellent points that I have been pondering. I know all the service fees do drive me nuts. I don't think I would get the 2nd tier seats that I want (row 1) because I am not a donor of any kind therefore I am a peasant in the land of Badger Donor$. My optimal seats then are the 3rd tier row 1 seat and I don't think those are available for season tickets. But depending on this season goes I may re-visit the season ticket concept next year.

Comment

These are all excellent points that I have been pondering. I know all the service fees do drive me nuts. I don't think I would get the 2nd tier seats that I want (row 1) because I am not a donor of any kind therefore I am a peasant in the land of Badger Donor$. My optimal seats then are the 3rd tier row 1 seat and I don't think those are available for season tickets. But depending on this season goes I may re-visit the season ticket concept next year.
                            Now that I'm back, I had debated season tickets this year, but having to buy 4 (or pick and choose which of us would go to each game with 2 tickets) just didn't make sense this time around.

I'll be happy to pick up tickets from the ticket office every once in a while just to ensure that we can still get to some games this season and avoid some of those online charges.
                            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

There are definitely 3rd tier row 1 seats available for season tickets.
                              Last edited by WiscTJK; 08-14-2019, 11:00 AM.
                              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                                There are definitely 3rd tier row 1 seats available for season tickets.
                                I think that certain sections are blocked out for the "family 4-pack" tickets, but I think those are all row 5 and up in the 300 level if I recall correctly.

Comment

Working...
                                X