Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 290

Thread: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

  1. #61
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    6,616
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCityRich View Post
    Football starts tonight, boys. Not just the Packers, but I'm also getting excited for Badger Football.

    ....and we ALL know what comes next. 🏒 . I'm "cautiously" optimistic about Badger Hockey, but ALWAYS look forward to it.
    I知 a bit nervous re badger football. With Scott Frost at Nebraska and Northwestern coming back along with a tough schedule i知 Really hoping they can get 7-8 wins. Anything beyond that is a huge bonus. I hope Chryst plays freshman if they池e ready. Mertz And Brown could start I think?

  2. #62
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    11,015

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

    Quote Originally Posted by solovsfett View Post
    I知 a bit nervous re badger football. With Scott Frost at Nebraska and Northwestern coming back along with a tough schedule i知 Really hoping they can get 7-8 wins. Anything beyond that is a huge bonus. I hope Chryst plays freshman if they池e ready. Mertz And Brown could start I think?
    I am confident Chryst will play the guys who give them the best chance to win, however, Coan's play last year did not make me feel all warm and fuzzy.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  3. #63
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    6,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    I am confident Chryst will play the guys who give them the best chance to win, however, Coan's play last year did not make me feel all warm and fuzzy.
    Yeah, i知 Not sold on Coan AT ALL.
    Start Mertz and have him calling high school receivers to recruit them for next season!

  4. #64
    Wisconsin Badgers Crease Creature
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    1,974

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

    Quote Originally Posted by gwhinwi View Post
    Not sure what you are talking about... PROPER football starts tomorrow when the Premier League begins.
    Australian football was codified first!

  5. #65
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    11,015

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

    Quote Originally Posted by solovsfett View Post
    Yeah, i知 Not sold on Coan AT ALL.
    Start Mertz and have him calling high school receivers to recruit them for next season!
    Apparently Wolf is looking really good at the moment.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  6. #66
    Sad Panda
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Back in Wisconsin where we belong.
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscDC View Post
    Australian football was codified first!
    Good to know!

  7. #67

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,988
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscDC View Post
    Australian football was codified first!
    Great Mark!

  8. #68
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    771
    At the moment it is looking like #1 Coan #2 Wolf and #3 Mertz. Coan is apparently looking like the clear cut #1 with Wolf and Mertz battling for the backup job.

  9. #69
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    11,015

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

    Quote Originally Posted by DPlaya View Post
    At the moment it is looking like #1 Coan #2 Wolf and #3 Mertz. Coan is apparently looking like the clear cut #1 with Wolf and Mertz battling for the backup job.
    If it holds true local hospitals will be flooded with a lot of head trauma cases in a few weeks. I have some thinner left over from the Eaves Era so I won't be banging my head against the wall.

    I decided against season tickets this year (I was pondering my first foray into that club.) In the end the flexibility of not locking myself down to Fridays or Saturdays won out over the thought of making a dream come true. Another factor is the availability of tickets is usually no problem, so again why lock in? I will surely be attending a record amount of games this year however and am totally looking forward to it. Looks like the single game tickets go on sale 9/20.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  10. #70
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    6,616
    Quote Originally Posted by DPlaya View Post
    At the moment it is looking like #1 Coan #2 Wolf and #3 Mertz. Coan is apparently looking like the clear cut #1 with Wolf and Mertz battling for the backup job.
    Who the hell is wolf?

    Coan is not the answer by a long shot.

  11. #71
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    646

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    I decided against season tickets this year (I was pondering my first foray into that club.) In the end the flexibility of not locking myself down to Fridays or Saturdays won out over the thought of making a dream come true. Another factor is the availability of tickets is usually no problem, so again why lock in? I will surely be attending a record amount of games this year however and am totally looking forward to it. Looks like the single game tickets go on sale 9/20.
    What pushed me to make the jump years ago was looking at how much I was paying in extra charges when I would order for 1 or 2 games at a time.

    It was something like an extra $1 per ticket and an extra $10 per order or something crazy like that. A few weeks of spending that extra money really added up and I was able to justify converting all of those extra charges into extra tickets.

    You get a slight discount on the actual ticket, normally $24 becomes $20. You only pay 1 processing charge.

    I get the seats that I want for every game. Not to mention the ability to go on auto-pilot as soon as I park the car. I know which gate to go to, I know where my favorite concessions are, I know where the closest bathrooms are.

    I'll admit, I probably come close to breaking even or possibly even lose some money over the course of the season. There will always be a game or two where I am out of town, or not feeling well, or have other commitments so some tickets go unused.

    It is a decision for each fan to make, but these were the factors that pushed me over the top and I've been happy that I did.

  12. #72
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    11,015

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

    Quote Originally Posted by KaMiGo View Post
    What pushed me to make the jump years ago was looking at how much I was paying in extra charges when I would order for 1 or 2 games at a time.

    It was something like an extra $1 per ticket and an extra $10 per order or something crazy like that. A few weeks of spending that extra money really added up and I was able to justify converting all of those extra charges into extra tickets.

    You get a slight discount on the actual ticket, normally $24 becomes $20. You only pay 1 processing charge.

    I get the seats that I want for every game. Not to mention the ability to go on auto-pilot as soon as I park the car. I know which gate to go to, I know where my favorite concessions are, I know where the closest bathrooms are.

    I'll admit, I probably come close to breaking even or possibly even lose some money over the course of the season. There will always be a game or two where I am out of town, or not feeling well, or have other commitments so some tickets go unused.

    It is a decision for each fan to make, but these were the factors that pushed me over the top and I've been happy that I did.
    These are all excellent points that I have been pondering. I know all the service fees do drive me nuts. I don't think I would get the 2nd tier seats that I want (row 1) because I am not a donor of any kind therefore I am a peasant in the land of Badger Donor$. My optimal seats then are the 3rd tier row 1 seat and I don't think those are available for season tickets. But depending on this season goes I may re-visit the season ticket concept next year.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  13. #73
    Sad Panda
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Back in Wisconsin where we belong.
    Posts
    1,219

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    These are all excellent points that I have been pondering. I know all the service fees do drive me nuts. I don't think I would get the 2nd tier seats that I want (row 1) because I am not a donor of any kind therefore I am a peasant in the land of Badger Donor$. My optimal seats then are the 3rd tier row 1 seat and I don't think those are available for season tickets. But depending on this season goes I may re-visit the season ticket concept next year.
    Now that I'm back, I had debated season tickets this year, but having to buy 4 (or pick and choose which of us would go to each game with 2 tickets) just didn't make sense this time around.

    I'll be happy to pick up tickets from the ticket office every once in a while just to ensure that we can still get to some games this season and avoid some of those online charges.

  14. #74
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    South Central, Wis
    Posts
    1,407

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    These are all excellent points that I have been pondering. I know all the service fees do drive me nuts. I don't think I would get the 2nd tier seats that I want (row 1) because I am not a donor of any kind therefore I am a peasant in the land of Badger Donor$. My optimal seats then are the 3rd tier row 1 seat and I don't think those are available for season tickets. But depending on this season goes I may re-visit the season ticket concept next year.
    There are definitely 3rd tier row 1 seats available for season tickets.
    Last edited by WiscTJK; 08-14-2019 at 11:00 AM.

  15. #75
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    646

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    There are definitely 3rd tier row 1 seats available for season tickets.
    I think that certain sections are blocked out for the "family 4-pack" tickets, but I think those are all row 5 and up in the 300 level if I recall correctly.

  16. #76
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    11,015

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    There are definitely 3rd tier row 1 seats available for season tickets.
    When I was researching is did not see that, but that was months ago, obviously I did not see that. Good to know.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  17. #77
    Sad Panda
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Back in Wisconsin where we belong.
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    When I was researching is did not see that, but that was months ago, obviously I did not see that. Good to know.
    I just looked now for season tickets and see nothing available for the third tier. Just odd.

  18. #78
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    South Central, Wis
    Posts
    1,407

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

    Quote Originally Posted by gwhinwi View Post
    I just looked now for season tickets and see nothing available for the third tier. Just odd.
    I was just looking last week when I got the notice and there were lots in the third tier. That is odd....

  19. #79
    SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    77 Square Miles Surrounded By Reality
    Posts
    3,064

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

    I'm really anxious to see if there's a spike in season tickets (or ANY tickets for that matter), or if fans are in "wait and see" mode.

    The incoming recruits are even bringing more discussion with friends that are very casual hockey fans, but talk is cheap unless you buy tickets. 👍

  20. #80
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    347

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

    Is it hockey season yet? Feels like this offseason is lasting FOREVER!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •