X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    TBA looked good this year
    TBNL was rumored to be going there, but the AD was AFK for a while and he couldn't get him his NLI in time for the season, which was a big SNAFU.

Now everything is FUBAR for them.
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Roster posted. Weird that I first thought of it, but no surprise omissions.

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
      Per e-mail from UW Athletics, the early-season exhibition vs TBA has been canceled.
      Was it a ploy for early practices?
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Canadian towns have the best names.....
        If you watch "Hockey Night in Canada" on Saturday nights in season, you'll see they highlight youth teams. One night the intro was in British Columbia and had a peewee team from Chilliwack do the intro.

CHILLIWACK is right up there.
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          Roster posted. Weird that I first thought of it, but no surprise omissions.

Was it a ploy for early practices?
          The early practices are for the "international tour" to BC. That is still on.

They had been trying to get their approved exempt exhibition to start the year but must have run into scheduling issues with whatever Canadian universities are making the rounds this year.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
            I think Zimmer being a Senior will play against him as younger players and potentially players brought in by this staff (more upside potential) will get playing time before him. Baker is an Assistant Captain so I think he is a leader and his hard-nosed approach will be kept in the lineup.

Just my $.02 on the rationale I was thinking about.
            I suppose if Zimmer was gonna do something consistently he would have already done it. But he does have some playmaking skills in him.. Maybe the fire gets lit this year

Comment

Just for fun, I'd love to see a practice period that matches 5v5 lineups of
              Team A - The Littles
              F - S Dhooghe 5'3"
              F - C Caufield 5'7"
              F - J Dhooghe 5'7"
              D - J Pentonen 5'10"
              D - J Ess 5'11"

Team B - The Bigs
              F - D Holloway - 6'1"
              F - T Pelton-Byce - 6'2"
              F - R Donovan - 6'3"
              D - S Donovan - 6'3"
              D - K Miller - 6'4"

Comment

Just for fun, I'd love to see a practice period that matches 5v5 lineups of
                Team A - The Littles
                F - S Dhooghe 5'3"
                F - C Caufield 5'7"
                F - J Dhooghe 5'7"
                D - J Pentonen 5'10"
                D - J Ess 5'11"

Team B - The Bigs
                F - D Holloway - 6'1"
                F - T Pelton-Byce - 6'2"
                F - R Donovan - 6'3"
                D - S Donovan - 6'3"
                D - K Miller - 6'4"
                I didn't realize the Donovan boys were that big. Too bad they don't have another brother in between their ages. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUbn5ss8j9c

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Time for my annual bit about the Fan Advisory Board.

UW Athletics is currently accepting applications for the 19-20 group.
                  LINK

I did this a few years ago and had a really good experience with it.
                  They try to get a mix of young vs old, spread across all of the sports.
                  You get to meet with members of the coaching staffs as well as members of the administration.

If you think you have good ideas or have a voice that you think should be heard I encourage you to apply.

I'll answer any questions that I am able to about my experiences.

Comment

LINK

You get to meet with members of the coaching staffs as well as members of the administration.

If you think you have good ideas or have a voice that you think should be heard I encourage you to apply.

How many changes or new ideas has the UW put into motion?
                    I'm wondering if this is in place to make fans "feel" like they're being listened to.

Comment

LINK

I applied. Again.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Football starts tonight, boys. Not just the Packers, but I'm also getting excited for Badger Football.

....and we ALL know what comes next. 🏒 . I'm "cautiously" optimistic about Badger Hockey, but ALWAYS look forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                          Football starts tonight, boys. Not just the Packers, but I'm also getting excited for Badger Football.
                          Not sure what you are talking about... PROPER football starts tomorrow when the Premier League begins.
                          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                            How many changes or new ideas has the UW put into motion?
                            I'm wondering if this is in place to make fans "feel" like they're being listened to.
                            Honestly, a lot of it was "here are some things that we are planning on doing, what do you think about them" items. Getting ahead of the feedback/backlash that may be coming in based on their decision.
                            They were already planning on switching from the magazine-style hockey program to the current tri-fold version, but they brought it to us to say "here is what we are thinking of doing and why, what impact do you think this might have on your gameday experience?". I was able to give them a different perspective in that I bought the full season of programs in advance, for like $5 each, and then used an included concession coupon every weekend (I think it was buy one-get one soda that saved me $4)...and without that coupon I was less likely to spend that money at the concessions. It wasn't an item that they had thought about. It didn't change the direction, but it did help them understand where they might get some angry feedback.

There were some times where there was open back and forth. What do we do about late-showing students at football games? What do we do about the ES - FU chant? What do we do with the upper deck at the Fieldhouse? How can we make the gameday apps better?
                            People would offer ideas and the administration representatives would talk about them. Some ideas that we brought up were things that they had tried years ago, some had been discussed and not implemented, some were taken back to their internal groups for further discussion.

I think that the most significant outcome for me, personally, was that I now have a few resources in the administration who recognize me and are willing to take the time to interact with me and listen to my concerns. I am no longer "that random guy who sends me angry e-mails all of the time about how hockey tickets are too expensive and how the band doesn't play enough at hockey games". I am now "that guy who was on the Fan Advisory Board, that I've talked to a few times, and presents well-reasoned ideas in a rational manner".

Each person will get something different out of it. Some people just seemed to want to be there so that they could get tours of the facilities. Some people seemed like they thought they were entitled to be there because they were X level donors. Some people were there for the ability to interact with the athletic department. I would guess that what each person got out of it was based on what they were expecting going into it.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                              Not sure what you are talking about... PROPER football starts tomorrow when the Premier League begins.

🤣😂😅😄😆😅

Comment

I see everyone now refers to Cole as "Goal", it was started that here right? Someone needs to get a trademark on that asap before he does.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X