This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    Sounds like a virus/flu bug is in the Badger's locker room. Turcotte has missed some practice this week along with some others. Hydrate, boys.
    Granato said bringing Pelton-Byce up to play with Caufield and Linus. Surprised its not Holloway.
    Last edited by druzy192; 10-25-2019, 12:38 AM.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      Back in my football days, one stretch for 2 weeks we had a horrible case of the "Hershey Squirts" as the team Docs called it. We just kept passing it back-and-forth. Drank a lot of Pedialyte and **** and ****ed a lot, haha!
      Ha ha. Hershey Squirts. I haven't heard that term in a while. I said that to my kids and they said that's disgusting. Yep. But also funny.

Go Badgers!
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
        Granato said bringing Pelton-Byce up to play with Caufield and Linus. Surprised its not Holloway.
        I think this makes sense. Lindmark can step in as Center on the third-line, which may be the plan eventually anyway. I was a bit surprised Pelton-Byce wasn't in the top 6 originally. TPB has also practiced on the power play and it keeps the first and second PP units together other than Byce in for Turcotte probably.
        Last edited by DPlaya; 10-25-2019, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
          I think this makes sense. Lindmark can step in as Center on the third-line, which may be the plan eventually anyway. I was a bit surprised Pelton-Byce wasn't in the top 6 originally. TPB has also practiced on the power play and it keeps the first and second PP units together other than Byce in for Turcotte probably.
          The other thing is, you don't dismantle both of your top lines by moving Holloway. Moving TPB up is the least disruptive.

Guys are going to have to step up. Turcotte has done a ton of little things in addition to driving scoring to make this team go. Big shoes to fill there.

These are games that are probably going to have big PWR ramifications down the line, so the boys need to play well for that, but also to keep some mojo going into one of the biggest series of the year @PSU. When Clarkson plays well, they put a lot of pressure on the puck and force mistakes. If we're not ready to go at the puck drop it could be a long weekend.

Lot of film from last week on exactly how to disrupt our PP entry by jumping a forechecker behind Walt. When that happens it should actually be a good thing for us as it puts one Defender out of the play at the blue line-- provided Walt and the trailers execute the right play and create the mismatch, that is. I assume it was a point of emphasis this week, be interesting to see if there's better execution there.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
            The other thing is, you don't dismantle both of your top lines by moving Holloway. Moving TPB up is the least disruptive.

Guys are going to have to step up. Turcotte has done a ton of little things in addition to driving scoring to make this team go. Big shoes to fill there.

These are games that are probably going to have big PWR ramifications down the line, so the boys need to play well for that, but also to keep some mojo going into one of the biggest series of the year @PSU. When Clarkson plays well, they put a lot of pressure on the puck and force mistakes. If we're not ready to go at the puck drop it could be a long weekend.

Lot of film from last week on exactly how to disrupt our PP entry by jumping a forechecker behind Walt. When that happens it should actually be a good thing for us as it puts one Defender out of the play at the blue line-- provided Walt and the trailers execute the right play and create the mismatch, that is. I assume it was a point of emphasis this week, be interesting to see if there's better execution there.
            Agree Wisko.

Duluth did a good job of denying entry into the zone and kept us off balance without zone possession a lot. Byce is the key to the offense this weekend.

There will be a lot of pressure on our D this weekend. I see a split. What about you?

Comment

Originally posted by wjefwhite View Post
              Agree Wisko.

Duluth did a good job of denying entry into the zone and kept us off balance without zone possession a lot. Byce is the key to the offense this weekend.

There will be a lot of pressure on our D this weekend. I see a split. What about you?
              It's college Hockey and anything can happen, especially early in the year, but if I have to pick, I don't think Clarkson should be able to beat the Badgers on the big sheet at the Kohl Center this weekend. On the road I'd take a split, but the Badgers have the kind of skating that should be really tough to beat on big ice this year.

Clarkson has good players and a good team but I don't think they have anyone like Nico Sturm, who gave us fits last time we played. (Sturm left early and signed with the Wild.) Badgers have better and faster skaters all the way up and down the line up, and they have more finishers. Badgers play their game and they should win.

I think that Byce just needs to do what he has been doing, play smart and alert and within himself, and not try to do anything "extra" because he's on the big line. To me the key guy that will drive play and scoring is Linus. (incidentally, you guys notice how much bigger and stronger Linus and Walt look now?)

Walt needs to make better and quicker decisions, probably just simplify the game a little, and the other guy that I think needs to have a good weekend is Special K. He's got All American stuff in him and, assuming he's healthy, I think he needs to elevate his play this weekend on both ends of the ice.

One game at a time. --> Let's Go Red!!!
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

.... (incidentally, you guys notice how much bigger and stronger Linus and Walt look now?)

Walt needs to make better and quicker decisions, probably just simplify the game a little, and the other guy that I think needs to have a good weekend is Special K. He's got All American stuff in him and, assuming he's healthy, I think he needs to elevate his play this weekend on both ends of the ice.

One game at a time. --> Let's Go Red!!!
                Ok who is Walt and who is Special K?
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                  Ok who is Walt and who is Special K?
                  Hmmm... I seem to autocorrecting to Walt from Wyatt. Perhaps it's a result of all those essays I write on the life and times of one Walt Clyde Frazier in my spare time.

I've been floating Special K as a nickname occasionally for the last year. Obviously it's yet to catch on.
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Hmmm... I seem to autocorrecting to Walt from Wyatt. Perhaps it's a result of all those essays I write on the life and times of one Walt Clyde Frazier in my spare time.

I've been floating Special K as a nickname occasionally for the last year. Obviously it's yet to catch on.
                    OK on Wyatt. Special K is K'Andre? You don't actually say.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                      OK on Wyatt. Special K is K'Andre? You don't actually say.

Yes, but there's context clues and ... argh... nevermind... Here you go.
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Be interested to see how they play on the D zone tonight. Been alot of talk about the importance of and improving the dzone and how good d zone translates to offensive chances. Goes without saying... if Badgers play good in defensive zone this weekend they should sweep.

Comment

Winning on the ice, losing on the scoreboard. Gotta get some of the many grade A chances in the net.

Man -- that Holloway kid can really skate and make things happen fast.
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Really struggling in the second period. Ugly actually

Comment

Badgers really being outworked in the second period. Also, making poor turnovers that lead to goal scoring opportunities.

Pretty forgettable night so far.
                              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

And faceoffs just atrocious

Comment

Working...
                                X