Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

Wisconsin Badgers Crease Creature
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    It's due to the playoff games. You prepay for those and then are refunded if they aren't used. So there are more games at $20 / game season ticket pricing.....
    Shows me for not reading the whole page.

Drunkard

Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

As part of an ongoing summer boredom project, Iím spending my breaks at work trying to catalog every UW player into a single ďdatabaseĒ (google sheet).

It started as a way to look at incoming freshman classes (comparing NHL draft status, ppg/gaa for their UW careers, how many NHL games they eventually played), and itís expanded slightly from there.

Iíve used the UW media guides as best I can and tried to fill in the rest from eliteprospects and hockeydb, but Iím curious if any of you could proofread the spreadsheet and fill in some blanks. Whoís interested?

Sad Panda

Quote Originally Posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    As part of an ongoing summer boredom project, I’m spending my breaks at work trying to catalog every UW player into a single “database” (google sheet).

It started as a way to look at incoming freshman classes (comparing NHL draft status, ppg/gaa for their UW careers, how many NHL games they eventually played), and it’s expanded slightly from there.

I’ve used the UW media guides as best I can and tried to fill in the rest from eliteprospects and hockeydb, but I’m curious if any of you could proofread the spreadsheet and fill in some blanks. Who’s interested?
    I wouldn't mind helping out. Could be a fun thing to link to from the recruiting sheet.

Drunkard
    Quote Originally Posted by gwhinwi View Post
    I wouldn't mind helping out. Could be a fun thing to link to from the recruiting sheet.
    Barring me fat-fingering the address from your recruits spreadsheet, Iíve sent you a link. Let me know if you didnít get it.

Drunkard

Quote Originally Posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Played it, got 29/52. Missed a bunch of the players prior to 2004, which is when I was first introduced to Wisconsin hockey. It was fun though! Really makes you think about the team over the years.

Drunkard

I made the quiz and I canít get them all

Let's go RED!

Chatter on Twitter says TG isn't opposed to a Goalfield / Scores a lot / Gretz line. I like it. A lot.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Owen Lindmark was cut from the US World Junior Summer Showcase. The other four Badgers (Turcotte, Caufield, Emberson and Miller) are all still in camp to face Canada tomorrow.

SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators

I'm watching game 7 of the 1993 Campbell Conference Final.

LA @ TOR.

I am totally shocked; back-to-back penalties on L.A.
    Who you ask? Tony Granato & Gary Shuchuk. 😂 😅

Cole Caufield SNIPE:

Can't wait for this season to get rolling......

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    Cole Caufield SNIPE:

Can't wait for this season to get rolling......
    He's way too small for the NHL. I doubt he'll grow in college, probably a 5 yr guy with a RS year to bulk up.

Here is my guess at how the forwards will line up....

Weissbach-Turcotte-C. Caufield
    Pelton-Byce-Holloway-S. Dhooghe
    Gorniak-Lindmark-Baker
    Ahcan-Mersch-Donovan
    B. Caufield
    Messner-Zimmer-J. Dhooghe

I think you are going to see Messner and Zimmer get a decent share of games played as well.

Hopefully they will keep strength and decent faceoff guys down the middle at center and keep Baker on the wing. I think Baker could flourish as a third line wing. Mersch was great on draws, and the other three are very good as well especially Lindmark. Messner, Donovan and Baker play center as well and S. Dhooghe has taken many facoffs.

Don't know much about Pelton-Byce but hope he could add some physicality to the second line. He played a top 6 role at Harvard.

Not stacking Turcotte, Caufield and Holloway on the same line is going to mean one of those 2 top lines will not have to face the opposing teams' best defensive pairing. Either of those lines should be able to take advantage.

Not sure about Donovan in the bottom 6, but I don't think a draft pick sits on the bench and I'm not sure he's ready for the top 6 coming straight from high school on this team, at least to start the season.

Thoughts? What are you guys thinking for lineups?

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by DPlaya View Post

Gorniak-Lindmark-Baker
    Ahcan-Mersch-Donovan
    B. Caufield
    3 Fr centers, LOVE IT. Now UW can win some freaking faceoffs, that still p's me off about last year.

I wonder if this would have more top 2 line balance:

Wiessbach-Holloway-S. Dhooghe
    Pelton-Byce-Turcotte-C. Caufield

I'd love to have the Holloway line against the opposing's 1's to get a better mismatch for the 2nd line against the 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    3 Fr centers, LOVE IT. Now UW can win some freaking faceoffs, that still p's me off about last year.

I'd love to have the Holloway line against the opposing's 1's to get a better mismatch for the 2nd line against the 2's.
    I actually think that would be better balance, I'm just not sure it would happen. I also wonder/worry about lack of size/physicality on the 2nd line with Weissbach, Holloway, Dhooghe.

It sounds like Pelton-Byce is probably more of a distributor than Weissbach which Caufield and Turcotte could use.

I'd actually love to see Holloway with Caufield and Turcotte center S. Dhooghe and Weissbach, but Caufield has said he expects to be on a line with Turcotte.
    Last edited by DPlaya; 07-31-2019 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post

It would be more balanced. But I'd kinda like to have that one dominant line that is a threat to score everytime they're on the ice. And no matter who the best three are for that first line... the 2nd lines still should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by DPlaya View Post

Gorniak-Lindmark-Baker
    Ahcan-Mersch-Donovan
    B. Caufield

I think you are going to see Messner and Zimmer get a decent share of games played as well.

Hopefully they will keep strength and decent faceoff guys down the middle at center and keep Baker on the wing. I think Baker could flourish as a third line wing. Mersch was great on draws, and the other three are very good as well especially Lindmark. Messner, Donovan and Baker play center as well and S. Dhooghe has taken many facoffs.

Don't know much about Pelton-Byce but hope he could add some physicality to the second line. He played a top 6 role at Harvard.

Not stacking Turcotte, Caufield and Holloway on the same line is going to mean one of those 2 top lines will not have to face the opposing teams' best defensive pairing. Either of those lines should be able to take advantage.

Not sure about Donovan in the bottom 6, but I don't think a draft pick sits on the bench and I'm not sure he's ready for the top 6 coming straight from high school on this team, at least to start the season.

Thoughts? What are you guys thinking for lineups?
    And I'd put Zimmer ahead of Baker. He's one of the only guys from last year that showed serious playmaking potential. It was sporadic but it was there. Baker was the master of the slap shot on goal from 20 feet out at a horrible angle. Put Zimmer with some actual hockey players and I think his potential may come through.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by druzy192 View Post
    And I'd put Zimmer ahead of Baker. He's one of the only guys from last year that showed serious playmaking potential. It was sporadic but it was there. Baker was the master of the slap shot on goal from 20 feet out at a horrible angle. Put Zimmer with some actual hockey players and I think his potential may come through.
    Zimmer's effort was inconsistent, but yeah, maybe if he plays with actual players his true potential could be unlocked, kinda like Hukalo with Rhino and Heater.

I think Zimmer just doesnít have it. Maybe heís a practice player but in games heís noticeable once every 7-8 games.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by druzy192 View Post
    And I'd put Zimmer ahead of Baker. He's one of the only guys from last year that showed serious playmaking potential. It was sporadic but it was there. Baker was the master of the slap shot on goal from 20 feet out at a horrible angle.
    The thing I do like about Baker is he effort was consistent and the was one of the few guys who was physical out there, understanding that TG wants less hitting and more skating.

Thread Information