This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

Ill be the defender for Lebedeff (since his teammates, the media, twitter and even you guys won’t).

That first goal was awful, but look at how hung out to dry he is on the regular. 2:1s regularly, guys getting open shots in the slot… THAT DROP PASS BEHIND OUR OWN BLUELINE THAT OF COURSE LED TO A TURNOVER.

Why everyone piles on the goaltending and not the wholly inept defense that’s happy to watch the game is beyond me.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

First game so cant really tell alot about how the season will go.

But I'm gonna guess were gonna need to score 4 or 5 goals a game to get a good playoff seed. And a think that's doable with the forward lineup we have. Theres alot more playmakers and firepower on the ice and they are only gonna get better with experience.

Defensive zone looked alot like last couple years. Not good considering 5 of 6 defenseman are NHL picks. And the faceoff issue is just stupid. Figure it out already.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        Ill be the defender for Lebedeff (since his teammates, the media, twitter and even you guys won’t).

That first goal was awful, but look at how hung out to dry he is on the regular. 2:1s regularly, guys getting open shots in the slot… THAT DROP PASS BEHIND OUR OWN BLUELINE THAT OF COURSE LED TO A TURNOVER.

Why everyone piles on the goaltending and not the wholly inept defense that’s happy to watch the game is beyond me.
        Defense played horrible. Seemed like BC had 2 on 1 situation every couple minutes. They really should have scored 8 or 9 goals with the amount of point blank shots they had bc of defensive breakdowns. The Finnish guy should have had 4 or 5 himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
          Defense played horrible. Seemed like BC had 2 on 1 situation every couple minutes. They really should have scored 8 or 9 goals with the amount of point blank shots they had bc of defensive breakdowns. The Finnish guy should have had 4 or 5 himself.
          https://***********/chrisdilks/status/1182809814935752705

It’s insane how much crap Lebedeff gets in the media. Dilks has this tweet, and I’m pretty sure every big name podcast has said something similar in their previews (USCHO, CHN Insider, College Hockey Inc). I’m convinced none have them have seen Lebedeff play and are just judging off of SV%, GAA, etc.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

Because the other guys scored a bunch of goals so it's obvious that the goalie is terrible! What more can there be to it?

I'd say Cujo maybe... MAYBE... could have got this to a draw. BC doesn't shoot a lot, they don't just throw it on net, they work for open shots inside the dots so I'd say that 80% of their shots tonight were Grade A chances. That goal The Hammer gave up to Warren on the goal line was terrible, the rest I'd say were 50/50 chances at best. BC has real snipers so probably less than 50/50 because those guys score one on none more often than not. Lebby made some big stops, especially in the second when they were getting back into it and overall he did a pretty decent job of giving the boys a chance.

This game went sort of like I expected, only more so. Our top six got manhandled by their top six. Even strength shot attempts by our top six F's were 4. FOUR attempts at shots in a ton of ice time. BC top six had, I believe, 16 EV shots and and 4 goals.

I think we need a different plan than playing Baker against a high, high, end line like Cotton/ Matilla/ Hutsko. We face a few more that are just as good going forward and Baker looked like he was skating in cement by comparison. I really like him and maybe it was just an off night, but he's not good enough to have an off night.

I was really impressed with the way Vorlickey played. He looked a little shaky to me in Canada but tonight, especially after Emberson got the boot, he was really good for a kid straight out of HS. Just went about his job like he'd been there 100 times before.

The PK was terriffic (Messner, Lindy and Achan were beasts) and the PP looked deadly. I think all in all, this wasn't a bad thing, getting kicked in the teeth to start the year. Welcome to the Big Leagues boys. Now let's get to work.
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
              Ugh. Five on five wasn't pretty. Same old sloppy play on the back end.

Special teams looks improved.

BS call on Emberson.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
              I mean they did review it. Are you saying even despite the review he didn't hit him in the head?

What did you guys view as your weakest link coming into the year? Your goalie wasn't great first half of the game at least.

Your PP should be absolutely lethal and win you a lot of games. Caufield well on his way to 30 goals.

Comment

BC’s youth were better than UW’s. Their upperclassmen were better and goalie was up in the stratosphere compared to 32.

I mean, dream staff, dream recruiting class and seriously i’m Already thinking this is a .500 team
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

You may have lost to a pretty good team tonight. I wouldn't panic just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    I mean they did review it. Are you saying even despite the review he didn't hit him in the head?

What did you guys view as your weakest link coming into the year? Your goalie wasn't great first half of the game at least.

Your PP should be absolutely lethal and win you a lot of games. Caufield well on his way to 30 goals.
                    Our weakest link is we don't play on Friday nights.

The Emberson call is one that is going to get called everytime now in college hockey. It was pretty borderline by the rule, but they are always going to err on the side of calling it if it's close. They just don't want open ice hits in the game anymore. Which is fine but they should probably just say so instead of beating around the bush.
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      BC is way better than last year when we thought sweeping you to start the year meant something good for us. I expect you to be in the mix at the end of the year. Our boys have a lot of upside yet, so it's going to be a year where we see how fast they can get much better.
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Caulfield looked like a stud. Fast and a deadly, deadly shot. Though Turcotte didn't show up on the scoreboard like Caulfield did, there were some shifts where the two of them were absolutely buzzing around together. You definitely have some questions on the back end, and its way too early to tell what kind of year you guys are going to have, but those two are going to be fun to watch. That I am sure of.
                        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                        BC - 12
                        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Yeah, and i’m Tired of that too. Wisconsin needs to beat good teams, period. This is Granato/Osiecki’s make or break year. They started just like last year. Get it in gear or move out of the way.
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            Yeah, and i’m Tired of that too. Wisconsin needs to beat good teams, period. This is Granato/Osiecki’s make or break year. They started just like last year. Get it in gear or move out of the way.
                            Granato just signed extension through 2024 so he's gonna be around awhile.

Comment

• I think Aaron Rodgers said it best when he said, "R-E-L-A-X". We're one whole game into the season and we want to fire the coaching staff and send our goalie packing? Really?! Tony definitely gets some blame for hyping everyone's expectations the way he did, but my goodness people. We got beat by a very good team tonight. Do we have some areas that need improvement? Uh, yeah. Just take some deep breaths and "relax". Let's give the boys and the coaches a chance to get it together. Oh, and brace yourselves for next weekend, we may get beat again, but this team has the firepower we've been wanting for several years. I'm excited to see what they can do.

Comment

Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
                                Granato just signed extension through 2024 so he's gonna be around awhile.
                                That's just SOP every year for the Badgers. Coaches are always extended in the summer. Until they're not.

Solo is notoriously negative so I don't worry about it too much. With a bunch of young studs, this year is a "Climbing the Mountain" type of year. They have to start here and then get better every week. Ton of upside to these young guys, so it's a matter of how high can they get from now until March?

I kind of threw Baker under the bus earlier, but to be fair he's not alone. S. Dhooghe was in the same boat. I just about threw my drink at the TV on a play where the puck came out past Sean in the Neutral zone on a break out. He missed it and as it slid away he just coasted.... until he realized that the lone D had his back turned to the puck and then made a few half-hearted strides after the puck, which eventually resulted in an icing. If he'd have just been going all out the whole way he'd have beat the sleepy D deep to the puck and created something. Man I was ticked at that kind of lazy play.

Holloway is a monster talent, but he's got to have help in getting the puck on his stick. That line sucked tonight and they either have to turn it up by eleven or so, or switch things around. That's my beef today.
                                Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 10-11-2019, 11:24 PM.
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X