X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
    I think you are still able to get it on the following day if you get there before the next game. At least, that seems like a thing that I remember.
    But not living in Madison means if it's not a same day post game visit I am out of luck if it's game 2. I will say that most of the women's are not 7pm games, so that helps for thier games, but it sucks on the men's side.

The UW ticket office called me yesterday to see if I was interested in buying season tickets. I had a really nice conversation with the guy. He wasn't pushy at all. I think he thought I was a sure thing as I gushed over my love of the game and the U. He was surprised at my enthusiasm though I had no personal connection with the school itself. In the end I told him I am interested, but at this point I don't know if I go to a game if I'll need 2, 3 or 4 tickets and if they will be Friday or Saturday games, so at this point I'd like to keep my flexibility.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
        Typically when you add high end talent, it affects others down the lines as well. Someone who might have been playing consistently as a 1st or 2nd liner against a #1 or #2 D lineup, will now be going against #2, #3, or #4 on the defensive side and their production should increase as well.

It will be fascinating to analyze things up and down the roster as the season goes on.

I think we all expect huge things from the team this year, my family and I are just hoping for lots of nights of Culvers.
        I'm cautiously optimistic. Remember the 2006 Goofers with arguably the best roster in the country? Got knocked out early by Holy Cross. Gotta keep egos (and reading about themselves) in check.
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
          I'm cautiously optimistic. Remember the 2006 Goofers with arguably the best roster in the country? Got knocked out early by Holy Cross. Gotta keep egos (and reading about themselves) in check.
          Me too, but I realize to be a great team, they will need to come together quickly....
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
            But I bet it was a run ride until that point......

Comment

This F-Ing university.....I went online to buy 4 tickets in the first row of the 3rd tier for Saturday ND and UM. I found spots for both games where 5 seats were available. It won't let me buy these tickets because I am leaving a seat open next to me. I can't help it, I only need 4 seats and I want to sit in these specific seats. So it's basically forcing me to hunt for pockets of 4 seats that are open in areas where I don't want to sit. F-U UW. F-U. Obviously some Fing genius came up with this new for this year because I have never run into this before and I have been buying online for 10+ years. SEIVE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                This F-Ing university.....I went online to buy 4 tickets in the first row of the 3rd tier for Saturday ND and UM. I found spots for both games where 5 seats were available. It won't let me buy these tickets because I am leaving a seat open next to me. I can't help it, I only need 4 seats and I want to sit in these specific seats. So it's basically forcing me to hunt for pockets of 4 seats that are open in areas where I don't want to sit. F-U UW. F-U. Obviously some Fing genius came up with this new for this year because I have never run into this before and I have been buying online for 10+ years. SEIVE.
                I ran into that when buying tickets for the Brewers on short notice. I think it’s just a thing now.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  I ran into that when buying tickets for the Brewers on short notice. I think it’s just a thing now.
                  Well it's stupid and it makes me very crabby.

Comment

Got a nice call from the ticket office today.

Still thinking about picking up 2 Saturday night tickets for the season (as doing 4 for the family just makes things very difficult.)
                    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      Well it's stupid and it makes me very crabby.
                      Call the ticket office. I'm sure that if you talk to a person they can do things that a computer system can't.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                        Call the ticket office. I'm sure that if you talk to a person they can do things that a computer system can't.
                        I ended up calling and yes, they got me where I wanted to be. The issue really is that now buying online, which is a kinda popular thing these days, restricts you and that bugs the crap out of me. I emailed the ticket office, but they have yet to respond. I'm looking forward to that dialog.

Comment

So, my family and I are going to Madison and thought we'd catch the Badgers/Bulldogs series. I haven't seen a game in Madison since it was at Dane County.

Question: Why is there no game time listed yet? Both games don't have times listed. Is there a chance the games will be noon games or something like that? Saturday I could maybe see that, but looks like the football team isn't at home.

Also, I have a 10 year old kid. Any recommendations for fun stuff to do around Madison area?
                          Dirty: Why {shouldn't Grand Valley State} not just go the Miami way to fund DI? Rob banks and sell drugs.
                          bigmrg74: GVSU has some speed, but not that kind of speed.

Comment

Originally posted by USAFA Bulldog View Post
                            So, my family and I are going to Madison and thought we'd catch the Badgers/Bulldogs series. I haven't seen a game in Madison since it was at Dane County.

Question: Why is there no game time listed yet? Both games don't have times listed. Is there a chance the games will be noon games or something like that? Saturday I could maybe see that, but looks like the football team isn't at home.

Also, I have a 10 year old kid. Any recommendations for fun stuff to do around Madison area?
                            Game times are usually announced once the all of the other Big Ten sports are scheduled and they sort out which games might get TV coverage on Big Ten Network.
                            95% of the games will be 7pm start, sometimes a 6pm or an 8pm depending on TV scheduling.

There is the Madison Children's Museum which has lots of interesting and interactive things for kids that age.
                            There is the Henry Vilas Zoo.
                            Depending on the kid's interests, that weekend is also the Wisconsin Science Festival with lots of events in/around Madison.
                            The campus area also has a couple of other museum/exhibit type offerings.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                              Game times are usually announced once the all of the other Big Ten sports are scheduled and they sort out which games might get TV coverage on Big Ten Network.
                              95% of the games will be 7pm start, sometimes a 6pm or an 8pm depending on TV scheduling.

There is the Madison Children's Museum which has lots of interesting and interactive things for kids that age.
                              There is the Henry Vilas Zoo.
                              Depending on the kid's interests, that weekend is also the Wisconsin Science Festival with lots of events in/around Madison.
                              The campus area also has a couple of other museum/exhibit type offerings.
                              Thank you!

Looking at location. What end of the ice would UMD being shooting at for 2 periods, instead of just one?
                              Dirty: Why {shouldn't Grand Valley State} not just go the Miami way to fund DI? Rob banks and sell drugs.
                              bigmrg74: GVSU has some speed, but not that kind of speed.

Comment

Originally posted by USAFA Bulldog View Post
                                Thank you!

Looking at location. What end of the ice would UMD being shooting at for 2 periods, instead of just one?
                                The UW student section is the 113-116 range, with the band in 117. That is the end that UW shoots at twice. So if you want to see the opponent get suffocated by our D and shut out by our GK for 2 of 3 periods, seats in the 125-106 end would be best.
                                The visiting bench is by 121-122, the visiting team comes through the tunnel under 118.
                                The UW bench is by 122-123, they come in through the tunnel under 126.
                                Penalty boxes and score keeper are in the 108 area opposite of the benches.

Comment

Working...
                                X