X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    I can only think of one other person who’s contributed more to the success of Badger Hockey. And even then, arguments can be made.
    Badger Bob?
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      I can only think of one other person who’s contributed more to the success of Badger Hockey. And even then, arguments can be made.
      Has to be Phil....
      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
        Has to be Phil....
        Good one. He does men's AND women's games. Or Mark Johnson if we're doing a gender crossover thing. Hard to get past 8? Natties and a million points. Without him there's is no way the women's program is where it is right now. Same could be said for the men's team and his Dad. Where does Jeff Sauer fit in? It's hard to overlook the end, but he kept UW up there for years and was above and beyond with his post UW career, which probably doesn't fit in with the UW impact, but it's hard to ignore.
        I'm going with: Drop Mark if it's a guys only thing obviously.

Bob Johnson
        Mark Johnson
        Jeff Sauer
        Bill Howard
        Phil

Comment

• Mark Johnson just completed the Ironman triathlon. He’s clearly a one of a kind athlete!
          Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Good one. He does men's AND women's games. Or Mark Johnson if we're doing a gender crossover thing. Hard to get past 8? Natties and a million points. Without him there's is no way the women's program is where it is right now. Same could be said for the men's team and his Dad. Where does Jeff Sauer fit in? It's hard to overlook the end, but he kept UW up there for years and was above and beyond with his post UW career, which probably doesn't fit in with the UW impact, but it's hard to ignore.

Bob Johnson
          Mark Johnson
          Jeff Sauer
          Bill Howard
          Phil

Comment

Hey's I read there is a scrimmage coming up on the 6th I think around 12:30 @ KC. Free to the public. That is definitely on the docket for that day. Fish in the AM, hockey after lunch, does it get any better than that?

Comment

Hey's I read there is a scrimmage coming up on the 6th I think around 12:30 @ KC. Free to the public. That is definitely on the docket for that day. Fish in the AM, hockey after lunch, does it get any better than that?
              Oh... I'm definitely in for that. I'll take a long lunch from work to go to watch hockey for free.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

Bob Johnson
                Mark Johnson
                Jeff Sauer
                Bill Howard
                Phil
                Is Phil the public address guy from the coliseum days who would get the crowd jacked past the ceiling???
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                  Is Phil the public address guy from the coliseum days who would get the crowd jacked past the ceiling???
                  I'm assuming he is talking about Crazy Sign Guy Phil
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                    No, that was Phil Mendel. The Coliseum was full, the band was playing, the fans were chanting; THEN...the band would stop and you hear the microphone "click", then....

"GOOD EVENING, HOCKEY FANS!" (Huge roar from the crowd). Then he always added a commentary on the upcoming game. He also did some TV commentary for a short time.

****ing legend.
                    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                      No, that was Phil Mendel. The Coliseum was full, the band was playing, the fans were chanting; THEN...the band would stop and you hear the microphone "click", then....

"GOOD EVENING, HOCKEY FANS!" (Huge roar from the crowd). Then he always added a commentary on the upcoming game. He also did some TV commentary for a short time.

****ing legend.
                      I only went to the coliseum in college and not that shockingly, I don't remember that Phil.
                      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

****ing legend.
                        That was before my time attending games. At that point I was a distant watching on PBS, IF that was mid 80's.

Comment

My eldest and I were discussing the team this weekend, we feel like the Fab 3 should score at least 100 pts between them. I do believe they graduated about 54 pts worth of F's, so that would be a great uptick in production. Thoughts?

Comment

My eldest and I were discussing the team this weekend, we feel like the Fab 3 should score at least 100 pts between them. I do believe they graduated about 54 pts worth of F's, so that would be a great uptick in production. Thoughts?
                            Typically when you add high end talent, it affects others down the lines as well. Someone who might have been playing consistently as a 1st or 2nd liner against a #1 or #2 D lineup, will now be going against #2, #3, or #4 on the defensive side and their production should increase as well.

It will be fascinating to analyze things up and down the roster as the season goes on.

I think we all expect huge things from the team this year, my family and I are just hoping for lots of nights of Culvers.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                              I think we all expect huge things from the team this year, my family and I are just hoping for lots of nights of Culvers.
                              The East Towne one changed thier hours to close earlier, so by the time you get there to get the free dairy they are closed. EERRRR!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                The East Towne one changed thier hours to close earlier, so by the time you get there to get the free dairy they are closed. EERRRR!
                                I think you are still able to get it on the following day if you get there before the next game. At least, that seems like a thing that I remember.

Comment

Working...
                                X