X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turcotte x2!

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

You make your own luck. Bury the ****ing puck. Too many turnovers, boys. Let's pop 3 quickies.

scotch, you come here, trash talk, dont like a response, then call long time members names? If ANYBODY would know anything about 13 year olds, its you guys.
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Too many men penalty while on the power play...

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
          Too many men penalty while on the power play...
          3rd one this weekend... That stings.

Gut check time. Have had so many chances to break this thing open, but it hasn't worked out. What are we going to do?
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Live box is showing Baker took a slashing penalty after the horn.

How about we stop shooting ourselves in the foot someday soon?

I'm hitting the thinner and putting a dollar on the tv. Let's get a shorty!
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

And the response was.... fold up.

Miller just got manhandled going for that loose puck behind the Hammer to make it 4-2.

If we played tomorrow I'd sit Baker.

There are about 6 guys that have bought in and sell out every shift. There are about 12 guys that play hard when it seems fun to do.
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post

Miller just got manhandled going for that loose puck behind the Hammer to make it 4-2.

There are about 6 guys that have bought in and sell out every shift. There are about 12 guys that play hard when it seems fun to do.
                Teams underachieving. There is again a sever lack of discipline and hard work. Alot of slackers on this team who will not get down and block shots and wont go in the corners to win battles.

Granato and his buddies look like they're running a country club not a hockey team.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post

I've about had it with having pairings with two left handed defensemen on them as well. Can really see how it makes a difference. Guys don't know where they are supposed to be.

Comment

Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
                    Teams underachieving. There is again a sever lack of discipline and hard work. Alot of slackers on this team who will not get down and block shots and wont go in the corners to win battles.

Granato and his buddies look like they're running a country club not a hockey team.
                    Pretty much. When are we going to get a real coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                      Pretty much. When are we going to get a real coach.
                      Coaching staff is looking like ****. You got 6 draft picks on defense right? Or something? And they turn the puck over and lose battles in the corners all the time. And nobody EVER gets down to block a shot. And you never know what's gonna happen when they make a break out pass! Might be right to the other team in the slot... who knows.

How in God's name does a coaching staff with 6 draft picks on defense have these guys playing this bad?

Country Club Atmosphere
                      Last edited by druzy192; 11-09-2019, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
                        Coaching staff is looking like ****. You got 6 draft picks on defense right? Or something? And they turn the puck over and lose battles in the corners all the time. And nobody EVER gets down to block a shot. And you never know what's gonna happen when they make a break out pass! Might be right to the other team in the slot... who knows.

How in God's name does a coaching staff with 6 draft picks on defense have these guys playing this bad?

Country Club Atmosphere
                        The Country club atmosphere thing sounds a little like you'd like them to be skating Herbies after the game tonight. That was all fine and good 40 years ago, but no successful coach today coaches like that. Because it doesn't work anymore.

I listened to Oz on the post game and I think he's pretty much right. (Also he's pretty ****ed at Baker for taking a penalty after the horn down a goal in a game that your team was dominating to that point.) Oz can't make the break out passes for the guys, Strobie can't win the puck battles and Granato can't put it in the net. They can show them how, but at some point the guys on the ice have to do the job. They are clearly capable because they play really well for long stretches. But when adversity pops up they repeatedly freeze up, lose their mojo, and go into a nosedive. You can coach maturity until your blue in the face but maturity doesn't come from coaching, it comes from experience and understanding and at some point these guys will get it. When that is, is anybody's guess. Could be tonight. Could be next week. Could be next year.
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Wisko I want to believe but we are in year four with this staff, with 12 draft picks, and they don't seem to improve, and keep making the same mistakes over and over and over.

I'm just so sick of mediocre hockey and that's what we have this year again with all these high end freshman.

We were very lucky to get the win last night and now a loss tonight.

I would think the coaching seats are going to warm up quick if this continues this year.....
                          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

I have updated the Faceoff stats spreadsheet (and my ignore list.)

Quite the fun evening.
                            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post

💥!
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

You know what’s Interesting about the country club comment is Jeff Sauer was accused of running a loose ship/country club mentality.

Who did all 3 of these coaches play for?

...The dream staff with the dream recruits are 5-5 and the kids by and large aren't Improving year over year,...
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X