Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

Sad Panda

Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Hey's I read there is a scrimmage coming up on the 6th I think around 12:30 @ KC. Free to the public. That is definitely on the docket for that day. Fish in the AM, hockey after lunch, does it get any better than that?
    Oh... I'm definitely in for that. I'll take a long lunch from work to go to watch hockey for free.

Good one. He does men's AND women's games. Or Mark Johnson if we're doing a gender crossover thing. Hard to get past 8? Natties and a million points. Without him there's is no way the women's program is where it is right now. Same could be said for the men's team and his Dad. Where does Jeff Sauer fit in? It's hard to overlook the end, but he kept UW up there for years and was above and beyond with his post UW career, which probably doesn't fit in with the UW impact, but it's hard to ignore.
    I'm going with: Drop Mark if it's a guys only thing obviously.

Bob Johnson
    Mark Johnson
    Jeff Sauer
    Bill Howard
    Phil
    Is Phil the public address guy from the coliseum days who would get the crowd jacked past the ceiling???

Quote Originally Posted by solovsfett View Post
    Is Phil the public address guy from the coliseum days who would get the crowd jacked past the ceiling???
    I'm assuming he is talking about Crazy Sign Guy Phil

SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators

Quote Originally Posted by solovsfett View Post
    No, that was Phil Mendel. The Coliseum was full, the band was playing, the fans were chanting; THEN...the band would stop and you hear the microphone "click", then....

"GOOD EVENING, HOCKEY FANS!" (Huge roar from the crowd). Then he always added a commentary on the upcoming game. He also did some TV commentary for a short time.

****ing legend.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Quote Originally Posted by MadCityRich View Post
    No, that was Phil Mendel. The Coliseum was full, the band was playing, the fans were chanting; THEN...the band would stop and you hear the microphone "click", then....

"GOOD EVENING, HOCKEY FANS!" (Huge roar from the crowd). Then he always added a commentary on the upcoming game. He also did some TV commentary for a short time.

****ing legend.
    I only went to the coliseum in college and not that shockingly, I don't remember that Phil.

Let's go RED!

****ing legend.
    That was before my time attending games. At that point I was a distant watching on PBS, IF that was mid 80's.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Let's go RED!

My eldest and I were discussing the team this weekend, we feel like the Fab 3 should score at least 100 pts between them. I do believe they graduated about 54 pts worth of F's, so that would be a great uptick in production. Thoughts?

Sad Panda

My eldest and I were discussing the team this weekend, we feel like the Fab 3 should score at least 100 pts between them. I do believe they graduated about 54 pts worth of F's, so that would be a great uptick in production. Thoughts?
    Typically when you add high end talent, it affects others down the lines as well. Someone who might have been playing consistently as a 1st or 2nd liner against a #1 or #2 D lineup, will now be going against #2, #3, or #4 on the defensive side and their production should increase as well.

It will be fascinating to analyze things up and down the roster as the season goes on.

I think we all expect huge things from the team this year, my family and I are just hoping for lots of nights of Culvers.

Let's go RED!

Angry Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

Quote Originally Posted by gwhinwi View Post
    I think we all expect huge things from the team this year, my family and I are just hoping for lots of nights of Culvers.
    The East Towne one changed thier hours to close earlier, so by the time you get there to get the free dairy they are closed. EERRRR!

Sad Panda
    The East Towne one changed thier hours to close earlier, so by the time you get there to get the free dairy they are closed. EERRRR!
    I think you are still able to get it on the following day if you get there before the next game. At least, that seems like a thing that I remember.

Let's go RED!

I think you are still able to get it on the following day if you get there before the next game. At least, that seems like a thing that I remember.
    But not living in Madison means if it's not a same day post game visit I am out of luck if it's game 2. I will say that most of the women's are not 7pm games, so that helps for thier games, but it sucks on the men's side.

The UW ticket office called me yesterday to see if I was interested in buying season tickets. I had a really nice conversation with the guy. He wasn't pushy at all. I think he thought I was a sure thing as I gushed over my love of the game and the U. He was surprised at my enthusiasm though I had no personal connection with the school itself. In the end I told him I am interested, but at this point I don't know if I go to a game if I'll need 2, 3 or 4 tickets and if they will be Friday or Saturday games, so at this point I'd like to keep my flexibility.

SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators
    Typically when you add high end talent, it affects others down the lines as well. Someone who might have been playing consistently as a 1st or 2nd liner against a #1 or #2 D lineup, will now be going against #2, #3, or #4 on the defensive side and their production should increase as well.

It will be fascinating to analyze things up and down the roster as the season goes on.

I'm cautiously optimistic. Remember the 2006 Goofers with arguably the best roster in the country? Got knocked out early by Holy Cross. Gotta keep egos (and reading about themselves) in check.

I'm cautiously optimistic. Remember the 2006 Goofers with arguably the best roster in the country? Got knocked out early by Holy Cross. Gotta keep egos (and reading about themselves) in check.
    Me too, but I realize to be a great team, they will need to come together quickly....

Let's go RED!

But I bet it was a run ride until that point......

Let's go RED!

This F-Ing university.....I went online to buy 4 tickets in the first row of the 3rd tier for Saturday ND and UM. I found spots for both games where 5 seats were available. It won't let me buy these tickets because I am leaving a seat open next to me. I can't help it, I only need 4 seats and I want to sit in these specific seats. So it's basically forcing me to hunt for pockets of 4 seats that are open in areas where I don't want to sit. F-U UW. F-U. Obviously some Fing genius came up with this new for this year because I have never run into this before and I have been buying online for 10+ years. SEIVE.

Drunkard
    This F-Ing university.....I went online to buy 4 tickets in the first row of the 3rd tier for Saturday ND and UM. I found spots for both games where 5 seats were available. It won't let me buy these tickets because I am leaving a seat open next to me. I can't help it, I only need 4 seats and I want to sit in these specific seats. So it's basically forcing me to hunt for pockets of 4 seats that are open in areas where I don't want to sit. F-U UW. F-U. Obviously some Fing genius came up with this new for this year because I have never run into this before and I have been buying online for 10+ years. SEIVE.
    I ran into that when buying tickets for the Brewers on short notice. I think itís just a thing now.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    I ran into that when buying tickets for the Brewers on short notice. I think itís just a thing now.
    Well it's stupid and it makes me very crabby.

Sad Panda

Got a nice call from the ticket office today.

Still thinking about picking up 2 Saturday night tickets for the season (as doing 4 for the family just makes things very difficult.)

Well it's stupid and it makes me very crabby.
    Call the ticket office. I'm sure that if you talk to a person they can do things that a computer system can't.

Thread Information