X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    He doesn't realize it yet, but he is about a post away from having a whole lot more free time.
    👍
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

So TPB will miss another weekend. He didn't travel as he's still under the weather. Apparently Tony also has whatever virus the Badgers have been dealing with all season. Was hoping they were done with it and everybody would be healthy to make a push to the break. One thing when you have a vet team and are just plugging another guy in, but it sucks when these new guys need as much time learning and playing Tony's system as they can get.

We have these six, the break, and then a key series with OSU where we're likely to be missing 3 or 4 guys to the WJ team. Every one of these games is huge for the boys to play in.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Scotch View Post
        If I was a troll I'd be in the Minnesota thread right now.
        And if you were at KFC you'd be a fried chicken wing? Amazing logic...but please stay over here. I beg of you.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
          And if you were at KFC you'd be a fried chicken wing? Amazing logic...but please stay over here. I beg of you.
          Tanks for nuttin', Steve.
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Thinner? Check! Hatred of the rats? Check! Drop the puck!
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
              My expectations are higher than splitting against top 18 opponents.
              Name your expectations.

Comment

I was bored so I checked the record vs top 18 for the 13-14, 09-10, and 05-06 teams.

13-14: 4-6-1
                09-10: 12-6-3
                05-06: 17-5-2 (17-1-2 with Elliott in net)

What I learned:
                -The 13-14 team played a cupcake schedule.
                -This year's team has already more games against top 18 than 13-14.
                -05-06, you can tell based on their record they were destined to win the Natty with a healthy roster.
                Last edited by digitalbooya; 11-22-2019, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Watching this on DVR later.

I have little confidence in this team and would rather watch Frozen 2 with my 6yo and 4yo.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Badgers haven't swept at Minnesota since 2009.

Heard it here first --> Streak ends this weekend. Badgers Sweep!
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                      I was bored so I checked the record vs top 18 for the 13-14, 09-10, and 05-06 teams.

13-14: 4-6-1
                      09-10: 12-6-3
                      05-06: 17-5-2 (17-1-2 with Elliott in net)

What I learned:
                      -The 13-14 team played a cupcake schedule.
                      -This year's team has already more games against top 18 than 13-14.
                      -05-06, you can tell based on their record they were destined to win the Natty with a healthy roster.

Are those regular season or the whole year? For example '9-'10 team would have been 6-2 vs top teams in the post season. That would make them 6-4-3 regular season?

My other general thought about this kind of thing is that I think 15 years ago #16 was a lot further away from #1 than they probably are today. A lot more better teams now, as evidenced by the tournament success of low seeds to the FF and finals in recent years.
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

With TPB out, the same lines as last week. Some scrambling and mix and match again on the back end pairs as well.

Gofers suck! Let's GO RED!!!
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

This team sucks defensively.

Down 0-2 after 5:38....
                          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

I wish Miller wasn't such a dip **** when it comes to making simple hockey plays...

Comment

This period needs to just end... Can't pass, can't skate with the puck, can't play defense, etc, etc ,etc. Just reset and play better.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                                Watching this on DVR later.

I have little confidence in this team and would rather watch Frozen 2 with my 6yo and 4yo.
                                Good call after 1....
                                In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                                I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X