• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

Originally posted by innova View Post
    it is (exibition) gameday!!!
    drop the puck!!!!!
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Based on what Todd Milewski saw in practice here are some of the line combinations that may get tried out this weekend.

https://***********/ToddMilewski/sta...01046962221056

Zimmer - Baker - S. Dhooghe
      Ahcan - Mersch - B. Caufield
      Weissbach - Turcotte - C. Caufield
      Messner - Lindmark - J. Dhooghe
      Gorniak - B. Caufield - R. Donovan
      Holloway - Pelton-Byce - S. Dhooghe
      Ahcan - Lindmark - Mersch
      Zimmer - Baker - C. Caufield
      J. Dhooghe - Messner - B. Caufield
      Holloway - Pelton-Byce - C. Caufield
      J. Dhooghe - B. Caufield - R. Donovan

Miller - Emberson
      Ess - Vorlicky
      Kalynuk- Inamoto
      Peltonen - S. Donovan

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
        Based on what Todd Milewski saw in practice here are some of the line combinations that may get tried out this weekend.

https://***********/ToddMilewski/sta...01046962221056

Zimmer - Baker - S. Dhooghe
        Ahcan - Mersch - B. Caufield
        Weissbach - Turcotte - C. Caufield
        Messner - Lindmark - J. Dhooghe
        Gorniak - B. Caufield - R. Donovan
        Holloway - Pelton-Byce - S. Dhooghe
        Ahcan - Lindmark - Mersch
        Zimmer - Baker - C. Caufield
        J. Dhooghe - Messner - B. Caufield
        Holloway - Pelton-Byce - C. Caufield
        J. Dhooghe - B. Caufield - R. Donovan

Miller - Emberson
        Ess - Vorlicky
        Kalynuk- Inamoto
        Peltonen - S. Donovan
        So with all the options at center it looks like Baker is still only playing center. Ugh, hope that is not how it ends up. Wanna see him as a penalty killing grinding/scoring 3rd line wing on this team.

Pelton Byce at center is news. I believe he was a wing previously but was known as a distributor.

Holloway only at left wing on this chart, R. Donovan only at right wing. Messner and B. Caufield playing both.

Comment

Is this game streaming anywhere?

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
            Is this game streaming anywhere?
            Nope. No radio or TV. Todd Milewski was going to try and stream it to Twitter or Facebook though, but no guarantees.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
              Nope. No radio or TV. Todd Milewski was going to try and stream it to Twitter or Facebook though, but no guarantees.
              With Badger football on the big screen, Badger hockey "maybe" on the tab. I'm currently (9:12) on Todd's FB page. He's still trying to get up and running apparently.

UPDATE....Up and running. He's in a corner, but better than nothing!
              Last edited by MadCityRich; 08-30-2019, 09:17 PM.
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                With Badger football on the big screen, Badger hockey "maybe" on the tab. I'm currently (9:12) on Todd's FB page. He's still trying to get up and running apparently.

UPDATE....Up and running. He's in a corner, but better than nothing!
                https://www.facebook.com/pg/wisconsi...=page_internal

Center ice!

This team is going to be fun this year....

Comment

• Here's how UW lined up last night. I'd guess the top 9 are gonna run every night and the bottom 7 are going to compete/rotate through the bottom 3-4 spots. I'd assume the extra position will get used for a forward a lot again this year.

Forwards

Linus Weissbach - Alex Turcotte - Cole Caufield
                  Dylan Holloway - Tarek Baker - Sean Dhooghe
                  Jack Gorniak - Ty Pelton-Byce - Owen Lindmark
                  Roman Ahcan - Brock Caufield - Ryder Donovan
                  Max Zimmer - Dominick Mersch - Jason Dhooghe
                  Mick Messner

Defensemen

K'Andre Miller - Wyatt Kalynuk
                  Ty Emberson - Josh Ess
                  Jesper Peltonen - Tyler Inamoto
                  Mike Vorlicky - Shay Donovan

Goaltenders

Daniel Lebedeff
                  Jack Berry
                  Johan Blomquist

Comment

Goal Caufield's goal: https://***********/BadgerMHockey/st...239500289?s=09

Comment

It's probably been asked before, but how is it that UW was allowed to play this game so early? Most teams play an exhibition game against a Canadian college every year, but it has usually been in the first couple weeks of the actual season, sometimes later. Was there some sort of exception made due to some extenuating circumstances? I don't really mind, I'm just curious since the NCAA is usually so tightly wound about the official start dates of seasons, practices, etc.

And will they be able to keep practicing after these games, or will they have to stop and then start up again when everyone else is allowed to start?
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                        It's probably been asked before, but how is it that UW was allowed to play this game so early? Most teams play an exhibition game against a Canadian college every year, but it has usually been in the first couple weeks of the actual season, sometimes later. Was there some sort of exception made due to some extenuating circumstances? I don't really mind, I'm just curious since the NCAA is usually so tightly wound about the official start dates of seasons, practices, etc.

And will they be able to keep practicing after these games, or will they have to stop and then start up again when everyone else is allowed to start?
                        The NCAA allows teams to take a foreign trip for exhibition games once every four years. Sweden and Finland were also considered.
                        Not sure about practicing between now and the "real" allowed time.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Killing our starter in an exhibition game. Hmmmm.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                            Killing our starter in an exhibition game. Hmmmm.
                            Yeah, yeah I know its only one game but Berry has been inconsistent since he got here. We need him to step up. No idea what's going on with him, but we need more than The Hammer to depend on.

Giving up 5 to UBC makes me anxious.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                              Yeah, yeah I know its only one game but Berry has been inconsistent since he got here. We need him to step up. No idea what's going on with him, but we need more than The Hammer to depend on.

Giving up 5 to UBC makes me anxious.
                              Berry only gave up 2 on the night. He played the 1st for the Badgers and the 2nd and 3rd for UBC. The Hammer gave up 4 in the 1st playing for UBC, but to be fair, I don't think he had much of a chance on any of them. Johann played the 2nd and 3rd for Bucky and gave up most of the goals against.

Caufield did what Caufield does, which is put the puck in the net. On the weekend though I was really, really impressed with Holloway. I was high on him all last year, but I figured he might be a step behind Turcotte and Caufield because his is a bigger move up, but he's just a freakin' monster! Lindmark did what he does as well and had a good weekend without any problem. Ryder has talent but he's going to be like Gorniak last year in that it's going to take him a bit more time to adjust, I think.

Big question seems to be who will be the #6 D. Peltonen apparently has the spot to start, but I'd like to see Donovan and Vorlicky push him. I thought Shay Donovan looked pretty good Friday but had some unforced errors tonight. Vorlicky has to get up to speed yet. All in all a good weekend and a great opportunity to get a jump on the season.
                              Originally posted by WiscTJK
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                                Berry only gave up 2 on the night. He played the 1st for the Badgers and the 2nd and 3rd for UBC. The Hammer gave up 4 in the 1st playing for UBC, but to be fair, I don't think he had much of a chance on any of them. Johann played the 2nd and 3rd for Bucky and gave up most of the goals against.

Caufield did what Caufield does, which is put the puck in the net. On the weekend though I was really, really impressed with Holloway. I was high on him all last year, but I figured he might be a step behind Turcotte and Caufield because his is a bigger move up, but he's just a freakin' monster! Lindmark did what he does as well and had a good weekend without any problem. Ryder has talent but he's going to be like Gorniak last year in that it's going to take him a bit more time to adjust, I think.

Big question seems to be who will be the #6 D. Peltonen apparently has the spot to start, but I'd like to see Donovan and Vorlicky push him. I thought Shay Donovan looked pretty good Friday but had some unforced errors tonight. Vorlicky has to get up to speed yet. All in all a good weekend and a great opportunity to get a jump on the season.
                                Yeah, my apologies. I kept reading that Berry was supposed to start and assumed it was him. When I read Todd's recap I realized there was some kind of a weird goalie thing going on.

**** internet. I preach not to believe eveything you read, then I did. 😤

Comment

Working...
                                X