Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738

Thread: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

Teaching you how to Bucky.

Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

Quote Originally Posted by gwhinwi View Post
    Pelton-Byce is reportedly sick and won't skate tonight according to Todd M.

https://twitter.com/ToddMilewski/sta...563094528?s=19

That's hockey, but man, we haven't had everybody available to answer the bell in the last several weeks. Hopefully TPB gets feeling better quickly and is the last guy out sick for awhile. Sheesh!

Was worried a little about Inamoto's status as he had a boot on his foot last weekend, but glad to see he's good to go. He's a really tough kid.

So it is official:

Linus Holloway Lindy

Achan Turc Goal

Gorniak Baker Dhooghe

Mersch Messner Ryder Caufield

Regular D all on board and The Finnish Hammer nailing down the net.

Sounds good to me. Let's GO RED!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Quote Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    That's hockey, but man, we haven't had everybody available to answer the bell in the last several weeks. Hopefully TPB gets feeling better quickly and is the last guy out sick for awhile. Sheesh!

Was worried a little about Inamoto's status as he had a boot on his foot last weekend, but glad to see he's good to go. He's a really tough kid.

So it is official:

Linus Holloway Lindy

Achan Turc Goal

Gorniak Baker Dhooghe

Mersch Messner Ryder Caufield

Regular D all on board and The Finnish Hammer nailing down the net.

Sounds good to me. Let's GO RED!!!

Baker is 0-3 on draws already. Messner should center that line with Baker and Dhooghe on the wings.

UW's 4th line really controlled all their shifts in the 1st period.
    Last edited by DPlaya; Yesterday at 08:42 PM.

Good 1st period. Miller is gonna give me a heart attack. Dude gives zero ****s about defense.

SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators

Not bad 1st at all. I can live with this effort. Friday crowd a little better.

The golden dome buckets are always cool, but they can https://youtu.be/zjB0nQT3PJQ

2 ****ing PPG's....how about that! 100%.
    Last edited by MadCityRich; Yesterday at 09:19 PM.

Give Morris' candy *** 2 for embellishment.

Quote Originally Posted by MadCityRich View Post
    Not bad 1st at all. I can live with this effort. Friday crowd a little better.

The golden dome buckets are always cool, but they can https://youtu.be/zjB0nQT3PJQ

2 ****ing PPG's....how about that! 100%.
    Student section is up into the 2nd deck tonight.

When they get swept this weekend, what will your excuse be?

They are mediocre on offense (the last 6 games) and terrible on defense to this point. PP is back to last years putrid results. Trends are down, 2-4 in last 6 after starting 3-1. It's not "pretty decent"......
    When they don't what will yours be?

Solid win!!

💥!

Hopefully the lads show up tomorrow ready to finish notre dame.
    “Sweep the leg!”

Teaching you how to Bucky.

Well, how did they look?

I watched, but it was hard for me to really tell through my cardinal colored glasses...
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Quote Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    Well, how did they look?

I watched, but it was hard for me to really tell through my cardinal colored glasses...
    It’s perfectly fine for fans to criticize when they (team) don’t live up to the massive expectations set by pundits and the coaches quite frankly about this frosh class...no need to stick it to people over a win that moves the team to 6-5. If they lose tomorrow you’ve set yourself up for fire from people who aren’t sold on this staff yet.

Quote Originally Posted by solovsfett View Post
    It’s perfectly fine for fans to criticize when they (team) don’t live up to the massive expectations set by pundits and the coaches quite frankly about this frosh class...no need to stick it to people over a win that moves the team to 6-5. If they lose tomorrow you’ve set yourself up for fire from people who aren’t sold on this staff yet.
    You think splitting with a top 5 team in the country is bad?

And oh, btw, they haven't lost yet Captain Happy Pants. Christ, you should hang out at Gopherpucklive.

That was a badass effort. They did the small stuff right. Made simple breakout passes. Got traffic in front of the net. Played hard. Picked up the guy in the slot. Blocked shots (wyatt had 2 nice blocks).

If they can just do the basics well then the rest will take care if itself with the talent and speed this team has. Hopefully they keep it up tomorrow and dont go back to what they were doing before.... which was, yes, playing like crap
    Last edited by druzy192; Today at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DPlaya View Post
    You think splitting with a top 5 team in the country is bad?

And oh, btw, they haven't lost yet Captain Happy Pants. Christ, you should hang out at Gopherpucklive.
    I think 25 years of mediocrity through 3 coaching staffs is bad.
    And if you can’t comprehend my posts i’ll Spell them out slowly.

Just.because.they.won.one.game.and.are.6-5, doesn’t mean suddenly they can play as a team, play good D, maintain discipline etc.
    So in my mind 5-5 is greater than 1 win tonight.
    Now if they continue down this path then we’ll talk, but this reactionary “you can’t criticize the team” is just garbage and we’ve got a quarter century of empirical evidence to base skepticism on.

EDIT: If they split you think 6-6 is something to hang your hat on?
    Last edited by solovsfett; Today at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by druzy192 View Post
    That was a badass effort. They did the small stuff right. Made simple breakout passes. Got traffic in front of the net. Played hard. Picked up the guy in the slot. Blocked shots (wyatt had 2 nice blocks).

If they can just do the basics well then the rest will take care if itself with the talent and speed this team has. Hopefully they keep it up tomorrow and dont go back to what they were doing before.... which was, yes, playing like crap
    The block by Ess sometime in the 1st period really got me hyped. I hadn’t seen players get down to block a shot in a little while. This was an awesome win tonight. Glad Miller is the PP QB instead of Kalynuk. Felt like he was useless in the bumper spot.

Drunkard

It’s a small sample size to suggest that the team is good, given that we’ve seen at least as much evidence that they are no different from last year.

A good win against a good team is still nice to see, Especially when we saw improvement on some deficiencies that every rational badger fan has been observing.

Whether that’s another aberration or a sign of genuine improvement remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by solovsfett View Post
    I think 25 years of mediocrity through 3 coaching staffs is bad.
    And if you can’t comprehend my posts i’ll Spell them out slowly.

Just.because.they.won.one.game.and.are.6-5, doesn’t mean suddenly they can play as a team, play good D, maintain discipline etc.
    So in my mind 5-5 is greater than 1 win tonight.
    Now if they continue down this path then we’ll talk, but this reactionary “you can’t criticize the team” is just garbage and we’ve got a quarter century of empirical evidence to base skepticism on.

EDIT: If they split you think 6-6 is something to hang your hat on?
    They are a young and talented team that has played a tough schedule, which has led to inconsistency. Try to find something to enjoy about it for the love of god. I'm just tired of the negativity.

We'd all love to see them win more, but things don't always move in a straight line in the real world. With the schedule they've played they have shown they can beat any team in the country. They just need to find the consis6to do it night in and night out.

Let's go RED!

Very nice to see Mr. Hyde again. Maybe the bipolar meds will get taken every day now and Mr. Hyde will be a thing of the past.

Love that the Hammer went for the shot. It was inches away from being a complete disaster, but I like the go for the kill attitude. I was also super hyped to see that save on the meaningless breakaway in the last 10 seconds. A goal there would have tarnished a win and the Hammer's play. He made a couple big ones to clean up the droppings through the course of the game.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by DPlaya View Post
    When they don't what will yours be?
    I expected a loss. They won. That's great.

I'm not making excuses for demanding consistent play-off caliber teams. Win consistently and I'll be happy.

Thread Information