X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    Yup. I watched periods 2 and 3.
    UW had some great chances in the first, too bad you didn't get to see them. . Achan had an open net that a PSU stick got in front of.

I'm not sure on the second goal (the shot from the point) if the Hammer was screened or not. Otherwise he was big. Vorlicky's first shift was terrible, gave up 2 breakaways that the Hammer took care of. It's too bad they got a couple on the major, the Hammer didn't deserve that 6 spot the way he played. The PP needed to come up bigger, a PPG in the 2nd could have made a big difference.

UW never really established a forecheck, most of the chances were on the rush or the PP.

Achan is a nice 4 year player, but keep him on the 3rd line and tell him to just play and play smart. You can't take a 5 with 5 to go down 3. At that point there was still hope. He killed his own team there.

They missed Holloway a lot. I was disappointed in Baker and Byce, they did not do much offensively; Lindmark had a chance or 2.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      They'll probably play better tomorrow. Sound familiar? Stuff gets old.
      And they are young, don't forget that one.

We all miss Donnie Granato.

At some point does TG change the whole offensive system to a more conservative systematic one vs this race horse high octane system? I get that the race horse system SOUNDS more exciting than a more conservative system, but if they can win more being more conservative, that would make fans happy. It's not about style points, it's about wins. No one like a **** loss, everyone likes a gritty win. For all the crazy talent MJ has had over the years, he has always run a conservative D first system. Winning is fun.

Comment

Oz was on with Brian Posick after the game and confirmed they didn't play good. He said they had just a handful of quality chances in the second half the game. He was very disappointed and frank about it.

So you guys can believe what you want.
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Faceoff spreadsheet is updated.

It was a rough night on the stat sheet tonight. 32 wins in 81 faceoffs.
          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Wonder what it is about Tony’s teams that makes them play so terribly on opening games.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Achan is out for today's game. I wonder if Holloway made the trip?

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                Wonder what it is about Tony’s teams that makes them play so terribly on opening games.
                Lack of experience from key players. We have one skater on the entire team that is a senior. Need players that will be four year scorers like Zengerle/Mersch. We might have some in Dhooghe and Achan and (hopefully) Lindmark. I feel like Baker has regressed and might be more effective in a bottom 6 role.

I do think the poor Friday play will improve later in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  Achan is out for today's game. I wonder if Holloway made the trip?

Holloway skated practice Wednesday and was in the morning skate yesterday at Hockey Valley, but did not suit up last night so he must be day to day. Probably better to be cautious at this point in the season, but we'll see.

Don't even like Achan getting the 5 after reviewing it today. He got it for interference, or rather, "interference with significant contact" which is the major. Rule book says that's for contact against an "unsuspecting and vulnerable player." Smirnov certainly isn't "unsuspecting", he lowers his shoulder and puts his arm out to absorb contact. I guess "vulnerable" is what they call it when you get run over. Hate seeing Smirnov get hurt, if he is, but I don't see how the rules themselves support the call, let alone getting DQ'd.

Unless I'm missing the "we just don't like your attitude" DQ rule in the book, I don't get why they toss him today.
                  Originally posted by WiscTJK
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Many things from last year have yet to be corrected this young season. Faceoffs, power play, defense (the next drop pass I see, I might drop.), I'm still looking for solid, CONSISTENT goaltending although I have backed off of that a bit because of the defense, stupid penalties. Anything else?

Is there blame to be aimed at anybody? I believe there is.
                    Last edited by MadCityRich; 11-01-2019, 07:37 PM.
                    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                      Is there blame to be aimed at anybody?

IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

Holloway back thankfully! But Achan (and Smirnov for PSU) are gone, of course.

Holloway Bakes Dhooghe

Linus Turc Goal

Caufield TPB Lindy

Gorniak Messner Zimm Donovan Mersch (scratch one)
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Time to steal some points boys. A W is the best revenge.

Let's Go Red!!!
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Zimmer is scratched. Kind of surprised as I thought he's been pretty good in his limited ice time.

Mersch is in for the tussles at the net I imagine.
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Gorniak!!!!! 1-0 Wisconsin Badgers!!!!
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Lebedeff is standing on his head in the first 10 minutes.

Team seems to be flying around quite a bit more and it led to the first goal.
                              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

The Hammer saving our Bacon a couple of times. Huge stops!
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X