X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    You want me to buy the yellow Ferrari though I really wanted the red one? Um, no.

Friendly reminder to the men's posters, the women's first home games are this weekend, against PSU of which I know there is no love lost on the men's side. Don't be sexist, come see the ladies play. To me the women's game is a more pure version of hockey than the men's due to less physical play. I am hoping for 2 bloodbath type games.
    I can't agree more with Tim on the bolded section. The flow and movement of the women's game is just great to see live.
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...resh-Faces.php

He's got this right: "Wisconsin has more than enough talent to win the wide-open Big Ten; it is now up to head coach Tony Granato to piece this immediate-impact freshman class together with the rest of the roster and guide the Badgers to their first tournament appearance since 2014."

Hopefully it's OK to post CHN articles here.
      The expectations for this class is very high. They look to be great kids, yet young. If they had upper classman support, I'd say all day. Yet they are expected to carry the torch in the NCAA at 18. Granted most are one and done, so can't give them a chance....yet do.

Comment

Originally posted by IronRange View Post
        The expectations for this class is very high. They look to be great kids, yet young. If they had upper classman support, I'd say all day. Yet they are expected to carry the torch in the NCAA at 18. Granted most are one and done, so can't give them a chance....yet do.
        TG has hyped this team into all world status since last season, pushing the expectations bar even higher. He himself is on notice. If these guys don't make the ncaa it's on him.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
          It’s been that way for awhile. Greedy athletic department.
          That's insane. Should just list the ticket for $36. Unreal. I can afford it but I might not go bc of the principal of the thing. If they want young people to go they should get rid of that crap. That extra $12 is Roman for a week.

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
            That's insane. Should just list the ticket for $36. Unreal. I can afford it but I might not go bc of the principal of the thing. If they want young people to go they should get rid of that crap. That extra $12 is Roman for a week.
            It’s pretty nuts. I just dropped almost $200 for 7 tickets to Minnesota Duluth and Minnesota ($168 for tickets + $17.50 + $10). Taking my roommate to the Minnesota series. She was pretty into UWSP hockey so hopefully this is a great experience for her.

Comment

Has anyone seen a TV schedule yet?

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                It’s pretty nuts. I just dropped almost $200 for 7 tickets to Minnesota Duluth and Minnesota ($168 for tickets + $17.50 + $10). Taking my roommate to the Minnesota series. She was pretty into UWSP hockey so hopefully this is a great experience for her.
                It's not that crazy. What's crazy is how much UMD makes off of the U and UND.

2 tickets to UMN@uw: $63 total
                2 tickets to uw@UMN: $88 total (cheapest seats)
                2 tickets to UMN@UMD: $103 total

Comment

• Originally posted by bonin21 View Post
                  it's not that crazy. What's crazy is how much umd makes off of the u and und.

2 tickets to umn@uw: $63 total
                  2 tickets to uw@umn: $88 total (cheapest seats)
                  2 tickets to umn@umd: $103 total
                  😨 f__k!
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by srkbadger View Post
                    Has anyone seen a TV schedule yet?
                    I've pretty much given up hope of UW getting on FS WI ahead of the Polaris infomercial or the World Poker Tour. As far as BTN goes, they have to beat out field hockey and tennis, so we're screwed there too. I know the women are on TV 3 times, including this Saturday, BTN +/$.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      I've pretty much given up hope of UW getting on FS WI ahead of the Polaris infomercial or the World Poker Tour. As far as BTN goes, they have to beat out field hockey and tennis, so we're screwed there too. I know the women are on TV 3 times, including this Saturday, BTN +/$.
                      Both the UMD series and the Clarkson series will be on FS

Comment

21 plus potentially a couple more games to be televised.....

gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

https://t.co/6rh2efzLnq?amp=1

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                            Doesn’t Pelton Byce have to sit a year for transferring?
                            Originally posted by bothman View Post
                            Yes, because he was academically ineligible last year.
                            Ty did not have to sit a year for transferring. Nor was he academically ineligible.

He didn't play last year because the UW Admissions office couldn't/wouldn't admit him for the fall semester. His situation at Harvard wasn't fully resolved until mid/late summer and by then UW said it was too late.

If not for the admissions snag, he could (and would) have played for the Badgers last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                              It's not that crazy. What's crazy is how much UMD makes off of the U and UND.

2 tickets to UMN@uw: $63 total
                              2 tickets to uw@UMN: $88 total (cheapest seats)
                              2 tickets to UMN@UMD: $103 total
                              Amsoil Arena is probably worth it. My daughter's team played there last year. It's impressive.

Comment

Per Milewski, K'Andre Miller has been suspended for a violation of team rules. Unclear if he will play next weekend. Won't participate in the scrimmage tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X