X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

Originally posted by Scotch View Post
    Hey guys, I'm a Penn State fan. You guys should not panic for several reasons.

1) You played a really good team on road laden with upperclassmen who first time ever are getting great goaltending and doing the little things
    2) You have a mass amount of young talent
    3) Games were much closer than scores indicate, PSU got some fortunate goals the past few nights
    4) Next week you play Omaha who is #2 in early pairwise, please sweep them and you move up fast!
    You are going to have a fun year watching your guys play. I've watched a lot of great Badger teams over the years and it's a blast to have a strong team.

With all that $$ you guys spent on that arena, you'd think the glass would fit right!

We will be better when we see you in Madison for the rematch.

Win a bunch of games until then so you don't mess with our PWR.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
      You are going to have a fun year watching your guys play. I've watched a lot of great Badger teams over the years and it's a blast to have a strong team.

With all that $$ you guys spent on that arena, you'd think the glass would fit right!

We will be better when we see you in Madison for the rematch.

Win a bunch of games until then so you don't mess with our PWR.
      I hope we keep on winning. But we did get the doors blown off by Alaska in our only loss lol

But thanks for sweeping Minn Duluth and do the same to Omaha! I think you will.

Mich State was beating Cornell but blew it.

Comment

Question: the team is 4-4, what if they miss the tournament and 2 of Caufield, Turcotte and Holloway bolt?

How much time does the dream team get?
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Lastly. With the line up why does Granato have Baker and Dhoogie with Holloway. They cannot keep up nor do they have the hockey iq of Holloway.

The top 6 are Caufield, Turcotte, Lindmark, Pelton-Byce, Weissbach and Holloway. Scramble them however you want but there’s no-one in the bottom 6 that can provide any assistance to these guys whatsoever.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
            Question: the team is 4-4, what if they miss the tournament and 2 of Caufield, Turcotte and Holloway bolt?

IMO, Caufield is gone; that guy has a chip on his shoulder (and a heart to match),the size of Aaron Rodgers' when he was passed up. Holloway...probably gone. Turcotte hasn't shown me anything yet for being a #5 overall pick, but I'm giving him a couple more weeks as a Mulligan.

I was writing all spring & summer about being cautiously optimistic. Truth be told, I was more optimistic than cautious. I really didn't see this coming. Shame on me for buying into the hyper-hype. I see the same things so far this year that have plagued this staff for a few years. Not acceptable.

I coached hockey (which qualifies me for nothing today) ,I was an on ice official for a few years, and I'm a hockey Dad. Ive seen it all. There is something missing with this organIzation.
            Last edited by MadCityRich; 11-02-2019, 11:34 AM.
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

It's a dumb question 8 games into the season. What if aliens invade and they cancel the Tournament? What then!?!

My answer is probably a couple of years at least. I've said it 50 times before --> this freshman class is the first open recruiting class the staff has brought in. When the staff signed, nearly every top player for last year's class was already committed. Emberson was already committed and they were able to get K'Andre mostly because he'd only been playing D for a year at that point. You ***** about there not being enough talent in the Soph and Junior class. Where do you suppose they were going to pull more talented players from? Out of a hat? That they were able to get guys like Weissbach, Ess and Achan at all was pretty good work.

Going forward there appears to be a return to some class balance, a major problem the last several years, and there will be an injection of very talented freshman each year. DSP, Malmquist, Roepke, Urdahl and others plus Grannon and Rowe in net are all looking very good. Pipeline looks better and better beyond that.

I'm less concerned about Caufield and Turcotte bolting then I am about 3 or 4 D jumping. I don't think that will happen but it's always a possibility and D would be much harder to replace right now on short notice.
              Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 11-02-2019, 11:50 AM.
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                It's a dumb question 8 games into the season. What if aliens invade and they cancel the Tournament? What then!?!

My answer is probably a couple of years at least. I've said it 50 times before --> this freshman class is the first open recruiting class the staff has brought in. When the staff signed, nearly every top player for last year's class was already committed. Emberson was already committed and they were able to get K'Andre mostly because he'd only been playing D for a year at that point. You ***** about there not being enough talent in the Soph and Junior class. Where do you suppose they were going to pull more talented players from? Out of a hat? That they were able to get guys like Weissbach, Ess and Achan at all was pretty good work.

Going forward there appears to be a return to some class balance, a major problem the last several years, and there will be an injection of very talented freshman each year. DSP, Malmquist, Roepke, Urdahl and others plus Grannon and Rowe in net are all looking very good. Pipeline looks better and better beyond that.

I'm less concerned about Caufield and Turcotte bolting then I am about 3 or 4 D jumping. I don't think that will happen but it's always a possibility and D would be much harder to replace right now on short notice.
                Alright so the freshman class now is essentially Granato’s start so he gets basically a 7 year chance to get this ship turned, puppies trained, mountain climbed?

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                  When are they going to sit Kalynuk. Our captain is the worst defensive player on the ice every single night.
                  K is wreckless careless and hogs the puck on the rush.

Will not make it in NHL until he starts playing defense first.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                    Alright so the freshman class now is essentially Granato’s start so he gets basically a 7 year chance to get this ship turned, puppies trained, mountain climbed?
                    I think if you are going to invest the kind of money UW is in the staff and are going to hire people like Granato and Oz who come with serious credentials, given the way recruiting has worked in hockey until now, you are going to have to give them 5 years and then take a look at what you have and where it's going. Barring something egregious, of course, I don't think you can short cut that. End of next year will be five.
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by wjefwhite View Post

Kalynuk seems almost incapable of passing to his left. I know that's not true because I remember seeing him do it before, but I can't say I remember seeing it recently...

It's seems problematic when you have right handed Caufield looking to snipe it from the left side on the PP. I know they're looking to go cross ice or from low to high to Caufield to give him an open net, but still, there are times when it would be nice to toss it over there and get the D moving side to side a little.
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Kalynuk seems to have regressed; Jeez he's 22 and the Flyers cannot be happy with what they're seeing.

Whatever is going on, I hope they figure it out for the Badgers AND his future.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by wjefwhite View Post

Is the C making him feel more pressure to lead my example and he's trying to do too much?

UNO only allowed 4 goals @ OSU. The B6 has no easy outs like the olde WCHA did. As of right now there aren't a lot of tea leaves saying this team will be more than a game or 2 over .500. As the Fr get acclimated to the systems and school and the team build some chemistry, hopefully they get hot and can string a 7-3 run together to bury .500 in the distance. Maybe I'll pony up some cash to watch them on ncha tv, depending on $$$.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            Is the C making him feel more pressure to lead my example and he's trying to do too much?

UNO only allowed 4 goals @ OSU. The B6 has no easy outs like the olde WCHA did. As of right now there aren't a lot of tea leaves saying this team will be more than a game or 2 over .500. As the Fr get acclimated to the systems and school and the team build some chemistry, hopefully they get hot and can string a 7-3 run together to bury .500 in the distance. Maybe I'll pony up some cash to watch them on ncha tv, depending on $$$.
                            What a load of crap NCHC.tv is. I remember having to cancel via email for them last year, instead of just logging in and hitting a button. Definitely going to buy it for the games this weekend though ha... Need my hockey. Looks like $24 for a school monthly pass (UNO) and $28 for the entire conference for a month. I'll probably just grab the entire conference and catch a couple of the Wild's prospects (Hentges and Swaney).

There are no easy games left. Maybe the gophers? But those series almost always seem like splits no matter how good the teams are.

Comment

Things don’t look good.

We’re on Michigan State’s level after the early departures this offseason.

Probably on Colorado College or Miami level for the foreseeable future.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                                What a load of crap NCHC.tv is. I remember having to cancel via email for them last year, instead of just logging in and hitting a button. Definitely going to buy it for the games this weekend though ha... Need my hockey. Looks like $24 for a school monthly pass (UNO)
                                With the amount I pay for a DirecTV tier with lots of sports, RSNs, and NHL Center Ice; TV apps like BTN+, ESPN+, NCHC.tv, (especially BTN+) all can suck it.

Comment

Working...
                                X