Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

Quote Originally Posted by digitalbooya View Post
    Is it hockey season yet? Feels like this offseason is lasting FOREVER!
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...towcFL07&ifg=1

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by digitalbooya View Post
    Is it hockey season yet? Feels like this offseason is lasting FOREVER!
    The sad thing about hockey season getting here is that it means my fishing season end is in sight. Let's pump the brakes on rushing through summer to hockey and just be uber patient. I'm really enjoying Lake Waubesa right now.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Let's go RED!

I just realized there is HOCKEY that is going to be played by our lads NEXT WEEKEND! Is there any chance for being able to watch this from our homes in the worst possible grainy broadcast? (which would be totally acceptable.)

SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    The sad thing about hockey season getting here is that it means my fishing season end is in sight. Let's pump the brakes on rushing through summer to hockey and just be uber patient. I'm really enjoying Lake Waubesa right now.
    One thing about fishing in Waubesa this time of year, the fish are already cooked by the water temperature. The fish are also per-seasoned with blue-green algae, Curly-Leaf Pondweed and Eurasian Milfoil.

Unless, of course, you're fishing for Esox Masquinongy which I believe you are.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by MadCityRich View Post
    One thing about fishing in Waubesa this time of year, the fish are already cooked by the water temperature. The fish are also per-seasoned with blue-green algae, Curly-Leaf Pondweed and Eurasian Milfoil.

Unless, of course, you're fishing for Esox Masquinongy which I believe you are.
    I am fishing Esox Masquinongy and Lepomis Macrochirus which are still plenty tasty despite not being in a completely native habitat. Water temps have been very good through August. We were in MN during the July WI heatwave fishing Vermilion. In MN they only allow you to fish with 1 line at a time, which is fine when you are fishing for big toothies, but when prospecting for Eye's, it is a seiveworthy idea.

I am fishing Esox Masquinongy and Lepomis Macrochirus which are still plenty tasty despite not being in a completely native habitat. Water temps have been very good through August. We were in MN during the July WI heatwave fishing Vermilion. In MN they only allow you to fish with 1 line at a time, which is fine when you are fishing for big toothies, but when prospecting for Eye's, it is a seiveworthy idea.
    You've bigger balls than I; I don't eat anything that comes out of the Yahara Chain. Catching is always great, but eating?
    I say, "NAY NAY!" https://i.gifer.com/33Cs.gif
    Last edited by MadCityRich; 08-22-2019 at 04:22 PM.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Is there any chance for being able to watch this from our homes in the worst possible grainy broadcast? (which would be totally acceptable.)
    I used the TwitterMachine to contact Brian Posick. Unfortunately, there won't be a radio broadcast. It's back to the 60's for the first 2 exhibition games; no TV & no radio!

Sad Panda

Ugh. Watching a game via the Twitter feed is going to be annoying. Hope for a Periscope feed or something at this point.

I used the TwitterMachine to contact Brian Posick. Unfortunately, there won't be a radio broadcast. It's back to the 60's for the first 2 exhibition games; no TV & no radio!
    It looks like the UBC website will have live streaming stats, maybe.

Speaking of fishing, my brother is up at LOTW at the moment and posting some ridiculous pics. I think there was a closeup of a tail fin hitting 50 3/4" on the board and another shot of my 13 yr old nephew with his fat 45".

Quote Originally Posted by KaMiGo View Post

Speaking of fishing, my brother is up at LOTW at the moment and posting some ridiculous pics. I think there was a closeup of a tail fin hitting 50 3/4" on the board and another shot of my 13 yr old nephew with his fat 45".
    At least UBC will have real fishing with fish that you can eat without coming from a hot lake.

Quote Originally Posted by woodenskates View Post
    At least UBC will have real fishing with fish that you can eat without coming from a hot lake.
    Door County has authentic fish boils. Here in Dane County they come out ready to eat; no reason to boil. Like I posted earlier, not me.

Maybe UBC has it on the radio, but I doubt it. Too early, not much interest, and an exhibition.

Let's go RED!

Door County has authentic fish boils. Here in Dane County they come out ready to eat; no reason to boil. Like I posted earlier, not me.

Maybe UBC has it on the radio, but I doubt it. Too early, not much interest, and an exhibition.

Sweet. We're throwing big hardware in the water tomorrow AM. Actually, we've had more action on medium size hardware lately.

Let's go RED!

Trust me, I think MCR ate some bad fish years ago so he's a little out in left field on this one. The Madison chain is not a boiling pot of not quite dead yet but almost dead fish. This message brought to you by the Dane County Parks System.

No radio! Come on UW/iHeart radio, sell some advertising and get these on the air. What is this, 1874?

No radio! Come on UW/iHeart radio, sell some advertising and get these on the air. What is this, 1874?
    After a little research, UBC doesn't have a radio stream either. We'll have to depend on morse code I guess.

https://youtu.be/8151L1h5xqg
    Last edited by MadCityRich; 08-23-2019 at 06:31 PM.

Let's go RED!

Potential centers: Turcotte, Holloway, Baker, Messner, Pelton-Byce, Mersch, Lindmark and B. Caufield.

Lindmark and Turcotte have to be centers, they can actually win faceoffs. I think Baker and TPB also @ center gives them a lot of experience, I just don't know if either of those guys are 4th line guys with Tourcotte 1st/2nd line C and Lindmark 3rd line C.

PP combos:

unit 1: Cole Caufield, Alex Turcotte and Linus Weissbach with defensemen Wyatt Kalynuk and K'Andre Miller.
    unit 2: D Ty Emberson with a combination of F Tarek Baker, Dylan Holloway, Jack Gorniak, Ty Pelton-Byce and Max Zimmer.
    Only 1 D on unit 2...interesting.

Todd M will attempt to do something live from the games this weekend. I'm sure we all will appreciate anything that he can give us.

Let's play a game!

Let's play a game!

Pelton-Byce-Turcotte-S. Dhooghe
    Weissbach-Holloway-C. Caufield
    Gorniak-Lindmark-Baker
    Ahcan-Mersch-Donovan
    B. Caufield

Miller-Emberson
    Kalynuk-Ess
    Inamoto-Vorlicky

Lebedeff

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by DPlaya View Post
    Pelton-Byce-Turcotte-S. Dhooghe
    Weissbach-Holloway-C. Caufield
    Gorniak-Lindmark-Baker
    Ahcan-Mersch-Donovan
    B. Caufield

Miller-Emberson
    Kalynuk-Ess
    Inamoto-Vorlicky

Lebedeff
    Weissbach-Turcotte-S. Dhooghe
    Gorniak-Holloway-C. Caufield
    TPB-Lindmark-Baker
    Ahcan-Mersch-Donovan
    B. Caufield

I flipped the wings around to ensure that Weissbach and Gorniak the best possible chance to get off to a hot start in this pre-season.

OMG!!! Hockey News!!!

Article from the Montreal Canadiens quotes TG in reference to Goal Caufield
    LINK
    "He's going to play a lot. He's going to have a great opportunity to get lots of ice time. Turcotte and [Linus] Weissbach will probably be the line he starts with. At some point [Dylan] Holloway will be on the ice with him"

Looks like a powerful like with Caufield, Turcotte, Weissbach.

I was thinking that it would be likely (at least early in the season) to keep Caufield and Turcotte on the same line since they obviously have chemistry form the past few years.

Let's go RED!

So what should our expectations be for this weekend? Win both by 3, 4 or 5?

Thread Information