X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    PSU is the exposing all of Wisconsin’s faults.
    Bad coaching, guys who have no hockey IQ,
    This. The lack of composure the last couple of years when things are not going well/propensity to get goonish/dirty makes me sick.

Comment

Tomorrow is the 1/4 point of the season basically. How big a sample do we really need? And if they don’t win a title with Turcotte and Caufield the first 3 years says they won’t win it with average players.

Schwartz used to ride me about my attitude but the on ice results have not gone the way of Pollyanna’s.
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Aren’t Caufield, Turcotte, Pelton-Byce and Holloway (when playing) the scoring touch?
        I don't really know how to respond to this... Scoring touch is not player-based, it's situation based.

Comment

I am just not seeing how you guys think this has been close. I'm already frustrated with this team after 7 games. Stupid penalties by Achan too.
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Tomorrow is the 1/4 point of the season basically. How big a sample do we really need? And if they don’t win a title with Turcotte and Caufield the first 3 years says they won’t win it with average players.

Schwartz used to ride me about my attitude but the on ice results have not gone the way of Pollyanna’s.
            Turcotte and Caufield won't be here three years. Caufield will be gone after one. I think it's this year or bust. And I'm not seeing it...... Can't expect 5 goals every game. They have to play defense...... And the wheels have come off. 1-6
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
              I am just not seeing how you guys think this has been close. I'm already frustrated with this team after 7 games. Stupid penalties by Achan too.
              Yep. He was lucky not to get 5 on the first penalty (the puck was right there for him to play - he didn't even need to go for the hit), and then he comes right back and immediately gets a DQ.

I didn't turn this on until @ 5 minutes left in the 2nd. Those last 5 minutes of the 2nd, I thought we looked OK. In the 3rd, we may have been matching them on shot attempts; but, I really didn't think many of ours were very good scoring chances. Even when in close, ours were more off balance back-handers or someone was defending. Even though we held the puck for long stretches, when Penn St got it, I thought they were generating better chances.

Comment

Lebby gives up massive rebounds quite often.

There are a ton of problems with this team. No idea how they are going to sort it out quickly, because you have to have a TEAM at some point and right now you have a group of individuals making a lot of mistakes.
                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                  I don't really know how to respond to this... Scoring touch is not player-based, it's situation based.
                  Seriously? Situation based? Well then Wisconsin is REALLY terrible. They had several situations where they could score and even the talented kids couldn’t.

Of course scoring touch is based on talent. That’s what separates Caufield from the entire team and USNTDP.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                    Turcotte and Caufield won't be here three years. Caufield will be gone after one. I think it's this year or bust. And I'm not seeing it...... Can't expect 5 goals every game. They have to play defense...... And the wheels have come off. 1-6
                    When are they going to sit Kalynuk. Our captain is the worst defensive player on the ice every single night.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                      Exactly.

Comment

Seriously? Situation based? Well then Wisconsin is REALLY terrible. They had several situations where they could score and even the talented kids couldn’t.

Of course scoring touch is based on talent. That’s what separates Caufield from the entire team and USNTDP.
                        Hence, if they had any scoring touch tonight... Congratulations, you figured it out. Good job champ.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                          Hence, if they had any scoring touch tonight... Congratulations, you figured it out. Good job champ.
                          No. It doesn’t magically happen like you imply. You have it (Caufield) or you don’t. And Caufield potted one so you can’t pin the loss there. The REST of the team needs to step up.

Comment

They'll probably play better tomorrow. Sound familiar? Stuff gets old.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                              They'll probably play better tomorrow. Sound familiar? Stuff gets old.
                              Yup. I watched periods 2 and 3. Some guys with low hockey IQ’s , some guys coasting, numerous bad passes/decisions with the puck, I mean, where’s the spark to ignite hope for a title run?

Imagine where this team is without Caufield. I say that to illustrate how the players (soph through senior) have not grown from year 1.

Comment

No. It doesn’t magically happen like you imply. You have it (Caufield) or you don’t. And Caufield potted one so you can’t pin the loss there. The REST of the team needs to step up.
                                I don't understand why this is so hard. If they buried their chances (had scoring touch), this would have been a much closer game. Caufield, Turcotte, Pelton-Byce, and Holloway are not the only players to get scoring chances.

Comment

Working...
                                X