Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 724

Thread: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

  1. #241
    Drunkard
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Promised Land
    Posts
    17,586

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

    Ill be the defender for Lebedeff (since his teammates, the media, twitter and even you guys wonít).

    That first goal was awful, but look at how hung out to dry he is on the regular. 2:1s regularly, guys getting open shots in the slotÖ THAT DROP PASS BEHIND OUR OWN BLUELINE THAT OF COURSE LED TO A TURNOVER.

    Why everyone piles on the goaltending and not the wholly inept defense thatís happy to watch the game is beyond me.

  2. #242
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    130

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

    First game so cant really tell alot about how the season will go.

    But I'm gonna guess were gonna need to score 4 or 5 goals a game to get a good playoff seed. And a think that's doable with the forward lineup we have. Theres alot more playmakers and firepower on the ice and they are only gonna get better with experience.

    Defensive zone looked alot like last couple years. Not good considering 5 of 6 defenseman are NHL picks. And the faceoff issue is just stupid. Figure it out already.

  3. #243
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Ill be the defender for Lebedeff (since his teammates, the media, twitter and even you guys wonít).

    That first goal was awful, but look at how hung out to dry he is on the regular. 2:1s regularly, guys getting open shots in the slotÖ THAT DROP PASS BEHIND OUR OWN BLUELINE THAT OF COURSE LED TO A TURNOVER.

    Why everyone piles on the goaltending and not the wholly inept defense thatís happy to watch the game is beyond me.
    Defense played horrible. Seemed like BC had 2 on 1 situation every couple minutes. They really should have scored 8 or 9 goals with the amount of point blank shots they had bc of defensive breakdowns. The Finnish guy should have had 4 or 5 himself.

  4. #244
    Drunkard
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Promised Land
    Posts
    17,586
    Quote Originally Posted by druzy192 View Post
    Defense played horrible. Seemed like BC had 2 on 1 situation every couple minutes. They really should have scored 8 or 9 goals with the amount of point blank shots they had bc of defensive breakdowns. The Finnish guy should have had 4 or 5 himself.
    https://twitter.com/chrisdilks/status/1182809814935752705

    Itís insane how much crap Lebedeff gets in the media. Dilks has this tweet, and Iím pretty sure every big name podcast has said something similar in their previews (USCHO, CHN Insider, College Hockey Inc). Iím convinced none have them have seen Lebedeff play and are just judging off of SV%, GAA, etc.

  5. #245
    Teaching you how to Bucky.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    A den.
    Posts
    4,197

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

    Quote Originally Posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Ill be the defender for Lebedeff (since his teammates, the media, twitter and even you guys wonít).

    That first goal was awful, but look at how hung out to dry he is on the regular. 2:1s regularly, guys getting open shots in the slotÖ THAT DROP PASS BEHIND OUR OWN BLUELINE THAT OF COURSE LED TO A TURNOVER.

    Why everyone piles on the goaltending and not the wholly inept defense thatís happy to watch the game is beyond me.
    Because the other guys scored a bunch of goals so it's obvious that the goalie is terrible! What more can there be to it?

    I'd say Cujo maybe... MAYBE... could have got this to a draw. BC doesn't shoot a lot, they don't just throw it on net, they work for open shots inside the dots so I'd say that 80% of their shots tonight were Grade A chances. That goal The Hammer gave up to Warren on the goal line was terrible, the rest I'd say were 50/50 chances at best. BC has real snipers so probably less than 50/50 because those guys score one on none more often than not. Lebby made some big stops, especially in the second when they were getting back into it and overall he did a pretty decent job of giving the boys a chance.

    This game went sort of like I expected, only more so. Our top six got manhandled by their top six. Even strength shot attempts by our top six F's were 4. FOUR attempts at shots in a ton of ice time. BC top six had, I believe, 16 EV shots and and 4 goals.

    I think we need a different plan than playing Baker against a high, high, end line like Cotton/ Matilla/ Hutsko. We face a few more that are just as good going forward and Baker looked like he was skating in cement by comparison. I really like him and maybe it was just an off night, but he's not good enough to have an off night.

    I was really impressed with the way Vorlickey played. He looked a little shaky to me in Canada but tonight, especially after Emberson got the boot, he was really good for a kid straight out of HS. Just went about his job like he'd been there 100 times before.

    The PK was terriffic (Messner, Lindy and Achan were beasts) and the PP looked deadly. I think all in all, this wasn't a bad thing, getting kicked in the teeth to start the year. Welcome to the Big Leagues boys. Now let's get to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

  6. #246
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,690
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    Ugh. Five on five wasn't pretty. Same old sloppy play on the back end.

    Special teams looks improved.

    BS call on Emberson.

    Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
    I mean they did review it. Are you saying even despite the review he didn't hit him in the head?

    What did you guys view as your weakest link coming into the year? Your goalie wasn't great first half of the game at least.

    Your PP should be absolutely lethal and win you a lot of games. Caufield well on his way to 30 goals.

  7. #247
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    6,681

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

    BCís youth were better than UWís. Their upperclassmen were better and goalie was up in the stratosphere compared to 32.

    I mean, dream staff, dream recruiting class and seriously iím Already thinking this is a .500 team

  8. #248
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,690

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

    You may have lost to a pretty good team tonight. I wouldn't panic just yet.

  9. #249
    Teaching you how to Bucky.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    A den.
    Posts
    4,197

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    I mean they did review it. Are you saying even despite the review he didn't hit him in the head?

    What did you guys view as your weakest link coming into the year? Your goalie wasn't great first half of the game at least.

    Your PP should be absolutely lethal and win you a lot of games. Caufield well on his way to 30 goals.
    Our weakest link is we don't play on Friday nights.

    The Emberson call is one that is going to get called everytime now in college hockey. It was pretty borderline by the rule, but they are always going to err on the side of calling it if it's close. They just don't want open ice hits in the game anymore. Which is fine but they should probably just say so instead of beating around the bush.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

  10. #250
    Teaching you how to Bucky.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    A den.
    Posts
    4,197

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    You may have lost to a pretty good team tonight. I wouldn't panic just yet.
    BC is way better than last year when we thought sweeping you to start the year meant something good for us. I expect you to be in the mix at the end of the year. Our boys have a lot of upside yet, so it's going to be a year where we see how fast they can get much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

  11. #251
    Doggie Out! Afuera!
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    South Shore
    Posts
    799

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

    Caulfield looked like a stud. Fast and a deadly, deadly shot. Though Turcotte didn't show up on the scoreboard like Caulfield did, there were some shifts where the two of them were absolutely buzzing around together. You definitely have some questions on the back end, and its way too early to tell what kind of year you guys are going to have, but those two are going to be fun to watch. That I am sure of.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

    Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

    BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

  12. #252
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    6,681
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    You may have lost to a pretty good team tonight. I wouldn't panic just yet.
    Yeah, and iím Tired of that too. Wisconsin needs to beat good teams, period. This is Granato/Osieckiís make or break year. They started just like last year. Get it in gear or move out of the way.

  13. #253
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by solovsfett View Post
    Yeah, and iím Tired of that too. Wisconsin needs to beat good teams, period. This is Granato/Osieckiís make or break year. They started just like last year. Get it in gear or move out of the way.
    Granato just signed extension through 2024 so he's gonna be around awhile.

  14. #254
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Southwest Wisconsin
    Posts
    9
    I think Aaron Rodgers said it best when he said, "R-E-L-A-X". We're one whole game into the season and we want to fire the coaching staff and send our goalie packing? Really?! Tony definitely gets some blame for hyping everyone's expectations the way he did, but my goodness people. We got beat by a very good team tonight. Do we have some areas that need improvement? Uh, yeah. Just take some deep breaths and "relax". Let's give the boys and the coaches a chance to get it together. Oh, and brace yourselves for next weekend, we may get beat again, but this team has the firepower we've been wanting for several years. I'm excited to see what they can do.

  15. #255
    Teaching you how to Bucky.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    A den.
    Posts
    4,197

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

    Quote Originally Posted by druzy192 View Post
    Granato just signed extension through 2024 so he's gonna be around awhile.
    That's just SOP every year for the Badgers. Coaches are always extended in the summer. Until they're not.


    Solo is notoriously negative so I don't worry about it too much. With a bunch of young studs, this year is a "Climbing the Mountain" type of year. They have to start here and then get better every week. Ton of upside to these young guys, so it's a matter of how high can they get from now until March?


    I kind of threw Baker under the bus earlier, but to be fair he's not alone. S. Dhooghe was in the same boat. I just about threw my drink at the TV on a play where the puck came out past Sean in the Neutral zone on a break out. He missed it and as it slid away he just coasted.... until he realized that the lone D had his back turned to the puck and then made a few half-hearted strides after the puck, which eventually resulted in an icing. If he'd have just been going all out the whole way he'd have beat the sleepy D deep to the puck and created something. Man I was ticked at that kind of lazy play.

    Holloway is a monster talent, but he's got to have help in getting the puck on his stick. That line sucked tonight and they either have to turn it up by eleven or so, or switch things around. That's my beef today.
    Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 10-12-2019 at 12:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

  16. #256
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    6,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger_Bretzky View Post
    I think Aaron Rodgers said it best when he said, "R-E-L-A-X". We're one whole game into the season and we want to fire the coaching staff and send our goalie packing? Really?! Tony definitely gets some blame for hyping everyone's expectations the way he did, but my goodness people. We got beat by a very good team tonight. Do we have some areas that need improvement? Uh, yeah. Just take some deep breaths and "relax". Let's give the boys and the coaches a chance to get it together. Oh, and brace yourselves for next weekend, we may get beat again, but this team has the firepower we've been wanting for several years. I'm excited to see what they can do.
    Yeah, relax. Bs. Wisconsin hockey hasnít been a Power in 25 years and you say relax?

    I expect better. I expect it now or the coaches can pack up and go.

  17. #257
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    6,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    That's just SOP every year for the Badgers. Coaches are always extended in the summer. Until they're not.


    Solo is notoriously negative so I don't worry about it too much. With a bunch of young studs, this year is a "Climbing the Mountain" type of year. They have to start here and then get better every week. Ton of upside to these young guys, so it's a matter of how high can they get from now until March?


    I kind of threw Baker under the bus earlier, but to be fair he's not alone. S. Dhooghe was in the same boat. I just about threw my drink at the TV on a play where the puck came out past Sean in the Neutral zone on a break out. He missed it and as it slid away he just coasted.... until he realized that the lone D had his back turned to the puck and then made a few half-hearted strides after the puck, which eventually resulted in an icing. If he'd have just been going all out the whole way he'd have beat the sleepy D deep to the puck and created something. Man I was ticked at that kind of lazy play.

    Holloway is a monster talent, but he's got to have help in getting the puck on his stick. That line sucked tonight and they either have to turn it up by eleven or so, or switch things around. That's my beef today.
    Iím not a Pollyanna. Sorry. When will YOU get sick of Wisconsin being outplayed and out coached?
    When will you expect them to meet badger bob standards?

    Edit: ďclimbing the mountainĒ??? Seriously? After Eaves and talking about no less than 4 1st round nhl picks (including Holloway)? BCís frosh exhibited skill and poise and kicked our guys around.
    So...?
    Last edited by solovsfett; 10-12-2019 at 01:28 AM.

  18. #258
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    394

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger_Bretzky View Post
    I think Aaron Rodgers said it best when he said, "R-E-L-A-X". We're one whole game into the season and we want to fire the coaching staff and send our goalie packing? Really?! Tony definitely gets some blame for hyping everyone's expectations the way he did, but my goodness people. We got beat by a very good team tonight. Do we have some areas that need improvement? Uh, yeah. Just take some deep breaths and "relax". Let's give the boys and the coaches a chance to get it together. Oh, and brace yourselves for next weekend, we may get beat again, but this team has the firepower we've been wanting for several years. I'm excited to see what they can do.
    It's been the same **** since Granato got here. Try to score as many goals as possible, defense is optional. Adding more offense does NOT solve the team defense issue! This team will not do anything without playing defense. Outscored 5-0 tonight at 5v5.

    Granato does not get the benefit of the doubt anymore. It is put up or shut up time.

  19. #259
    Drunkard
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Promised Land
    Posts
    17,586

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

    The freshmen are good.

    The defense is the same problem it ever was. We would need an entire team of first rounders to score enough to make up for all the goals that are getting scored uncontested in the slot or on transition chances.

  20. #260
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    6,681

    Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

    And let me add something else...so York has 12 FFís under his belt at BC. That is more then Sauer, Eaves and Granato combined. So letís get a grip here. Either you want Wisconsin at the top or we coast on history these kids donít know or respect and the fans mostly have forgotten.
    F.THAT.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •