This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BWHockey View Post
    Any ideas on how the line chart will shake out? Here's what I see.

F1 Weissbach - Turcotte - C. Caufield
    F2 Holloway - Baker - S. Dhooghe
    F3 Gorniak - Lindmark - Pelton-Byce
    F4 Ahcan - B. Caufield - R. Donovan
    ES: Zimmer

D1 Miller - Kalynuk
    D2 Ess - Emberson
    D3 Inamoto - Vorlicky

PP1
    Holloway - Turcotte - C. Caulfield
    Miller - Kalynuk

PP2
    Weissbach - Baker - Pelton-Byce
    Ess - Emberson

PK1
    Gorniak - Lindmark
    Emberson - Kalynuk

PK2
    Turcotte - B. Caulfield
    Ess - Miller
    No S. Dhooghe on your power plays? I imagine at least one unit will have 4 forwards.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

Originally posted by BWHockey View Post

D1 Miller - Kalynuk
      D2 Ess - Emberson
      D3 Inamoto - Vorlicky

PP1
      Miller - Kalynuk

PP2
      Ess - Emberson

PK1
      Gorniak - Lindmark
      Emberson - Kalynuk

PK2
      Turcotte - B. Caulfield
      Ess - Miller
      Welcome to the board! I like those lines. That is a deep lineup. I think Messner or Mersch may beat out Donavan. I really liked last year's 4th line, I wouldn't mind seeing those guys back together. The big ? is will Miller play?
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
        It looks like the games will be streamed for free on here: https://www.collegesportslive.com/vi...1213730705001/ Both friday and saturday show as Free.
        Unfortunately, it looks like the Hockey East men's links have all been taken down.

Comment

Well, the day is here. The most hyped UW team of all time is starting the season. Hopefully they aren't too full of themselves that would lead to a lazy effort or all the pressure from the hyping gets in their heads and they play tight. I really prefer a more under the radar type of team mentality, but this is the model TG wants to run with, so let's do it.

It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Well, the day is here. The most hyped UW team of all time is starting the season. Hopefully they aren't too full of themselves that would lead to a lazy effort or all the pressure from the hyping gets in their heads and they play tight. I really prefer a more under the radar type of team mentality, but this is the model TG wants to run with, so let's do it.

It's a great day for hockey!
            With all this hype I forget all the games last year where they played with crappy effort and no heart. That was the most disappointing thing for me last year. Doesn't matter the talent level if you're coasting the whole game. Hopefully they have the effort thing taken care of... the increased competition just to get in the lineup should help that. Theoretically.

Comment

Originally posted by diddlypoo View Post
              Unfortunately, it looks like the Hockey East men's links have all been taken down.
              the links are still active I think. I am clicking them right from UW Badgers

Friday: https://www.collegesportslive.com/vi...1213730705001/
              Saturday: https://www.collegesportslive.com/vi...1213957923154/

I'm sure the money grubbers will make sure the links disappear
              Last edited by WiscTJK; 10-11-2019, 07:46 AM.
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

the links are still active I think. I am clicking them right from UW Badgers

Friday: https://www.collegesportslive.com/vi...1213730705001/
                Saturday: https://www.collegesportslive.com/vi...1213957923154/

I'm sure the money grubbers will make sure the links disappear
                What is noteworthy to me is that the games used to appear in the list of men's college hockey games, and now they don't.

https://www.collegesportslive.com/sc...ns-ice-hockey/

Just sounding an early alarm that something changed on the website since earlier in the week, but hopefully this change doesn't impact our ability to stream the games.

Comment

Originally posted by diddlypoo View Post
                  What is noteworthy to me is that the games used to appear in the list of men's college hockey games, and now they don't.

https://www.collegesportslive.com/sc...ns-ice-hockey/

Just sounding an early alarm that something changed on the website since earlier in the week, but hopefully this change doesn't impact our ability to stream the games.
                  I appreciate that and fully expect them not to work at this point. Worst case is I get to listen to the best in the business on the radio.
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Here we go boys!

It's been a long wait, but the greatest time of year has finally arrived. Hockey Season!

For much of the year last year the boys looked like a top 10 team on Saturdays and a bottom 10 team on Fridays. I know the staff tried pulling several different levers to get some consistency going but whatever they tried, they just couldn't figure it out. This year has to be different. It's a given that some nights, things just don't go your way - pucks hit pipes, shots get blocked and hop onto a stick going the other way, etc. There's a lot of talent on the ice (and there will even be talent in the stands watching every week) but to steal a bit from another Badger coach, they have got to be great at all the things that don't take talent, because that's where playing at a consistently high level comes from. If they can find that consistency and then start to play like a team that expects to win every night, the sky is the limit for these young Badgers. Going to be fun to watch.

My take on BW's line-up is that I thought the D pairs would be Inamoto- Kalynuk, Miller- Emberson, Vorlickey - Ess?

I thought it interesting that they put Miller in front of the net on the PP in Canada. He looked comfortable there, and it was a clever idea to get him out on the ice with your other big guns. I wonder if that plan will hold together long term, as obviously there's a bunch of guys that could slot into that spot.

Going to be a tough one tonight. Spencer Knight is a heck of a good goalie.
                    Originally posted by WiscTJK
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• No Zimmer this weekend. Apparently dealing with an illness.

Originally posted by BWHockey View Post

D1 Miller - Kalynuk
                      D2 Ess - Emberson
                      D3 Inamoto - Vorlicky

PP1
                      Miller - Kalynuk

PP2
                      Ess - Emberson

PK1
                      Gorniak - Lindmark
                      Emberson - Kalynuk

PK2
                      Turcotte - B. Caulfield
                      Ess - Miller
                      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Let’s Gore Ed!
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Here's a revised chart based on your feedback.

F1 Linus - Turc - Cole
                          F2 Holloway - Baker - S. Dhoog
                          F3 Gorni - Lindmark - TPB
                          F4 Roman - Brock - Ryder (If Ryder doesn't start on the 4th, I think he rises to it at some point. I haven't seen a ton of Duluth East, but what I have seen reminds me of tough forth line hockey).
                          ES Mick (I see them subbing Mick and Brock, Mick has better FO%)
                          **BC using two Freshman on 2nd Line (Newhook & Boldy), wonder if Wis will want to match a line with Turc and Cole up against them.

D1 Miller - Ty ( I like splitting Miller and Wyatt so there is a scoring threat on both lines.)
                          D2 Ess - Kalynuk
                          D3 Vorlicky - Inamoto

PP1 Linus - Turc - Cole - Miller - Ty (Miller in front)
                          PP2 Holloway - Baker - S. Dhoog - TPB - Kalynuk (4 Forwards)
                          PK1 Gorniak - Lindmark - Ty - Kalynuk
                          PK2 Mick - Brock - Ess - Miller

Comment

According to Todd the lines at the morning skate:

Linus Weissbach - Alex Turcotte - Cole Caufield

Dylan Holloway - Tarek Baker - Sean Dhooghe

Ty Pelton-Byce - Owen Lindmark - Roman Ahcan

Jack Gorniak - Mick Messner - Brock Caufield

Jason Dhooghe - Dominick Mersch - Ryder Donovan

Defensemen

Wyatt Kalynuk - Tyler Inamoto

K'Andre Miller - Ty Emberson

Josh Ess - Mike Vorlicky

Jesper Peltonen - Shay Donovan

I could see Tony playing two 4th lines, one Friday and one Saturday. He did that his first year and it worked out pretty well. Fresh legs on Saturday and guys all stay engaged. On the other hand it's hard for me to see a kid like Gorniak not being in the lineup every night. Was pretty sure these would be the D pairs all summer.
                            Originally posted by WiscTJK
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

I appreciate that and fully expect them not to work at this point. Worst case is I get to listen to the best in the business on the radio.
                              PB and Howie are back?!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                PB and Howie are back?!
                                Nope Brian Posick. He's great. I do miss Howie and you can still get PB now and then on TV. Ian at home games is alot like Howie.

Comment

Working...
                                X