X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    I've never used drugs (was a boozer instead) but whatever trix is on I have to seriously consider taking provided it doesn't make me chase an angry old man around the country like he's the Messiah.
    Ad hom says everything about the poster and nothing about his target. And your winky emoticon is a dou-che bro's "hurr, only kidding, dude" half step.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      WEST. VlRGINIA.
      Yeah his challenger is from there and got more votes than the republican, thanks for agreeing

Comment

See, from my perspective all of his voters are like trix. I just don't see those people going anywhere for a looooong time even after the race is essentially decided.
        See, from my perspective Democrats comfortable with the status quo need a cover story when they denounce real liberalism because they are scared they might lose their privileges. So they demean everybody to the left of them, like a schoolyard bully. Not realizing how obvious it is to everyone.

But that's just my perspective.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          See, from my perspective Democrats comfortable with the status quo need a cover story when they denounce real liberalism because they are scared they might lose their privileges. So they demean everybody to the left of them, like a schoolyard bully. Not realizing how obvious it is to everyone.

Russia Russia Russia Bernie Bros lazy left Hillary was the most qualified we are not to blame do you see?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Ad hom says everything about the poster and nothing about his target. And your winky emoticon is a dou-che bro's "hurr, only kidding, dude" half step.
            Lighten up, Francis. If I had a dollar for every time a poster had fun at my expense I'd be 10 bucks shy of being a Republican myself. (obligatory emoticon here)
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

See from my perspective some people have become so comfortable with losing that they knowingly or unknowingly adopt absurd positions so their self fulfilling prophecy will come true! Then they can haughtily sniff that they know better than everybody else and why doesn't everybody understand!!!!

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Meanwhile the Republican Party will take its lumps and even lose some elections while pushing its party further to the right while also winning long term.

Comment

Andrew Yang has become the Ron Paul of this election cycle. The social media bots are out in force with the #YangGang sh1t today.

Comment

See from my perspective some people have become so comfortable with losing that they knowingly or unknowingly adopt absurd positions so their self fulfilling prophecy will come true! Then they can haughtily sniff that they know better than everybody else and why doesn't everybody understand!!!!
                    Colons are truly fascinating...

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      Meanwhile the Republican Party will take its lumps and even lose some elections while pushing its party further to the right while also winning long term.
                      I know you'll think this is baloney sauce, but if the GOP stands pat and the Ds lurch farther to the left, from your perspective the GOP is galloping to the right (Reich?).
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        I know you'll think this is baloney sauce, but if the GOP stands pat and the Ds lurch farther to the left, from your perspective the GOP is galloping to the right (Reich?).
                        The GOP has been galloping to the right for decades. And they've managed to drag the country with it.

GOP stands pat? If they stand pat to what they are right now that is galloping to the right because they haven't reached their utopia yet. Once Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and a host of other things are completely destroyed along with the cementing of the white man power structure for the next 200 years (if the planet lasts that long) then they will be truly able to "stand pat" as you put it.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

So I keep coming back to basic math. About the most optimistic forecast for Dems in the Senate would be maybe 53 votes, and that's if they take ME, CO, AZ, IA, NC, some other upset (GA?) and then also retain AL. Whoever the Dems have as Prez will have to deal with that reality when trying to pass legislation. The holier than thou crowd is now perfectly set up to play the "Dems Sold Us Out AGAIN" card when UBI or M4All doesn't make it through Congress without being watered down via political compromises. Then they sit out the 2022 mid-terms, GOP makes gains, and the cycle renews itself.

In a narrow majority Senate legislation will need to be passed via budget reconciliation bills which only need majority support. I suspect this method will be used liberally, but it has restrictions on how far reaching the bill can be to non tax and revenue related items. I'd ask everyone to keep this reality in mind. If we get up to 60 votes in subsequent elections then the sky's the limit.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Theres data out there showing the GOP has shifted right long term/big picture wise over the past decades.

That said I feel like the racism and fascist tendencies we’re seeing now was more implicit back then and the smarter ones in the party tried to make it less obvious as to what their true intentions were. People like to act like the republicans weren’t always this bad or worse in some ways but in reality this party has always been like this. So to some extent I get your point but that hasn’t been the long term trend.

Originally posted by “Rover”
                            The holier than thou crowd is now perfectly set up to play the "Dems Sold Us Out AGAIN" card when UBI or M4All doesn't make it through Congress without being watered down via political compromises. Then they sit out the 2022 mid-terms,
                            Uh no, ideally we have a president who’s willing to challenge the useless conservadems, who just inexplicably voted down a bill that would decrease the price of insulin to a fraction of its current cost and make everyone’s medical bills $0, and use the grass roots support system to gain enthusiasm for challenging those scumbags.

Rather than saying, “oh it’s too hard we can’t do anything we’re democrats”.
                            Last edited by trixR4kids; 08-01-2019, 04:47 PM.

Comment

So I got to looking at the trends for the five candidates I think have the best shot.

Link: https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...2F012gx2&sni=3

Interesting breakdown in geography. I now think Harris is going to be on the ticket based on her appeal to the black voters. She's the top search throughout the south. Might indicate she's gaining ground with black voters.

What's also interesting is Bernie's interest is very high in Michigan and Ohio. Of course, it doesn't really explain if the person was searching for Bernie's policies or whether he was indeed a lizard person. True for all five.

Edit: Change the geographical breakdown from subregion to metro.
                              Last edited by dxmnkd316; 08-01-2019, 04:52 PM.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

https://newrepublic.com/article/1545...aign=tnr_daily

The Democratic Party Is Culling the Field Too Soon

Candidates should be focusing on retail politicking in Iowa and New Hampshire. Instead, they're wasting money trying to meet arbitrary debate requirements.

Comment

Working...
                                X