Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 1002

Thread: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

  1. #41
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom
    Posts
    16,854

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Joe Biden isnt...a Democratic Voter (his employer) is. And let me tell you something this is the crap that gets Democrats in trouble.

    BTW I googled this story...not much out there. But if you type a search for "Biden Nurses" you get articles of him praising nurses, especially hospice ones going back quite a bit of ways. Once again the outrage is all on twitter it would seem.

    Again there are 12 bajillion reasons to go after Biden...you start attacking him for this stuff over the legit stuff and it will help him more than it hurts him in the long run.
    The media hates Biden for reasons I've never been quite sure about, so if it can't blow up an alleged "gaffe" it'll invent one instead. If it makes a certain poster feel better, the media doesn't like Sanders much either and will push a crazy old man meme on command whenever prodded to. Whether any of this matters to actual voters remains to be seen, although in Biden's case he needs to step up his game in a lot of areas not just from the faux outrage crowd.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

  2. #42
    Apartheid Loving Conservadem!
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    42,526

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

    Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    I see Handy didn't read a post and reacted to it again lmao. Yes, the only issue Biden has IRT women is one thing he said about nurses one time... -_-
    No I read your post, I always read them even when they give me a migraine. That is why I quoted it.

    Even if you take EVERYTHING Biden has ever done or accused of when it comes to women there is no ceding the "Moral High Ground" to Trump and the GOP. I dont care if Biden rubbed the shoulders and smelled the hair of every women in DC since he got there it doesnt even move the needle compared to the antics of the GOP in the same time. There is no "Moral High Ground" to lose because the GOP stopped caring about that long ago. They know their voters dont care...and they know a high percentage of the voters in general dont either.

    This is not the fight to fight. This is cutting off your nose to spite your face. You keep going after him for stuff like this it will backfire I promise you. Why do you think his numbers are still friggin good despite all sorts of Biden Stupidity? Because the vast majority of people dont care if he an old dude makes old dude comments and acts like a creepy old dude.

    Look we both want the same thing (Biden to Lose) so let it happen organically. Dont turn him in to a sympathetic figure by going after him every 12 seconds because he sounds like an idiot when he opens his mouth. Let the candidates do that when they face him at debates. That is the only thing that has dented his armor, Harris going after him. That is the way to beat him.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  3. #43
    Apartheid Loving Conservadem!
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    42,526

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    The media hates Biden for reasons I've never been quite sure about, so if it can't blow up an alleged "gaffe" it'll invent one instead. If it makes a certain poster feel better, the media doesn't like Sanders much either and will push a crazy old man meme on command whenever prodded to. Whether any of this matters to actual voters remains to be seen, although in Biden's case he needs to step up his game in a lot of areas not just from the faux outrage crowd.
    The media hates Sanders because he is against Big Business and who owns media conglomerates? If the media was still a "Loss Leader" Warren and Bernie would lead every broadcast.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  4. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,910

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

    We’re not trying to inspire republican voters handy, we’re trying to get ours to the poll and the two voter populations are very different. People on this side care about Biden’s creepy behavior, weird comments, pointing and lecturing at women, and stance on abortion among other things.

    You can say the dem voters shouldn’t care about this but there’s no point in talking about hypotheticals that aren’t going to happen. And given that his entire poll advantage is based on people thinking he’s the most electable candidate, which has taken an enormous hit since he began running, its obvious that the voters are questioning how electable he is the more he opens his mouth and look into his past which has come under more scrutiny. Even from a strategy standpoint it seems questionable to nominate this guy because Trump can more easily perform “both sides” handwaving against a guy who has his own questionable past IRT women.
    Last edited by trixR4kids; 07-08-2019 at 01:13 PM.

  5. #45
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom
    Posts
    16,854

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    The media hates Sanders because he is against Big Business and who owns media conglomerates? If the media was still a "Loss Leader" Warren and Bernie would lead every broadcast.
    Its more than that. trix may be insane (okay, there's no maybe about it ) however he had a point when those stories about Klobuchur whipping binders at her staff came out and got glossed over by the media. If Sanders was winging binders at the heads of his staff who thinks the Beltway Bobs of the national press core would have just let that one go?

    They apply the same standard to Biden for whatever reason.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

  6. #46
    Apartheid Loving Conservadem!
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    42,526

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

    Klobuchar plays up the "Awe Shucks" card very well. It has worked for years here in Minnesota despite her antics. (which I have seen first hand) Plus, for the most part, she is on point when it matters she just doesnt handle things well behind the scenes so it is often forgiven. She can also suck up to the media with the best of them.

    Sanders is grouchy even on friendly TV shows with hosts that love him.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  7. #47
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    30,528

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

    I think the Klobuchar thing was glossed over because she never has been a front runner. Who cares about someone that doesn’t poll above 3%?

  8. #48
    \../ \../
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.
    Posts
    2,744

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    BTW I googled this story...not much out there. But if you type a search for "Biden Nurses" you get articles of him praising nurses, especially hospice ones going back quite a bit of ways. Once again the outrage is all on twitter it would seem.
    Years ago I worked in PA for the union I work for now. Bob Casey, current senior senator from PA, was running for PA Auditor General and wanted my union's support. He came to a meeting of the Union's Executive Board and was very impressive in front of those members, the ones elected by their co-workers to represent their interests. The Auditor General's office had a great deal of oversight of the nursing home industry in PA and the bulk of our members were in the nursing home industry. Casey was more supportive of unionized nursing home workers than any other politician I have been around, before or since, and generally had a great record when it came to organized labor. He told stories of how nursing home workers had cared for an elderly relative (his grandmother IIRC) as if they were part of her own family and recognized how hard they worked and for very little money. In short, there was no reason for our union to oppose him based on our members needs and his record as far as labor issues were concerned. But our union's staff leadership balked, because Casey, a devout and practicing Catholic, was not all the way over to the left shoulder about ready to fall off the cliff when it came to the abortion debate. Now mind you, he gets a passing grade from some abortion rights groups, supports over-the-counter sales of emergency contraception and opposed barring some federal grants to organizations that provide abortions. But because he personally felt that abortion was a bad CHOICE and would council people to make a DIFFERENT CHOICE, the leadership of my union questioned giving him our stamp of approval.

    The left don't know how to get out of their own way sometimes, and we all pay for it by seeing people like trump and W elected. There is not a democrat running, anywhere and for any office, who is not preferable to their republican counterpart now, next year or for the next generation most likely. Yet there will be untold 1000s of supporters of each of the 23 democratic candidates now seeking the nomination of their party for president who DIDN'T win stay home from the election in November of 2020, or like spoiled children, hold their breath and vote for some ridiculous third party candidate. And because of voter suppression, outright republican theft of votes and the divided nature of our electorate they may throw the election to trump all over again.

  9. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,556

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

    Swallwell drops out. Good move

  10. #50

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Long Winded Posts That Go Nowhere (TM)
    Posts
    70,423

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Swallwell drops out. Good move
    Hopefully we'll see a lot of this. They got their 15 minutes and they get to keep whatever money their dopes invested in them. They can get a gig on CNN discussing the real candidates and do a lecture tour / book tour about it. Should be good to shuck the suckers of a couple mil.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  11. #51
    Apartheid Loving Conservadem!
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    42,526

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Swallwell drops out. Good move
    I think he is just the beginning. No one wanted to be first but now they will take the plunge cause it is less embarrassing. If he stays in the House of Reps even better.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  12. #52

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Long Winded Posts That Go Nowhere (TM)
    Posts
    70,423

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    I think he is just the beginning. No one wanted to be first but now they will take the plunge cause it is less embarrassing. If he stays in the House of Reps even better.
    The coffee as-shole was the first to drop out.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  13. #53
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    6,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    The coffee as-shole was the first to drop out.
    He said he “put campaign on hold” right? lol

  14. #54

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Long Winded Posts That Go Nowhere (TM)
    Posts
    70,423

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    He said he “put campaign on hold” right? lol
    I thought they all did that now. If you suspend your campaign you get to keep the money, if you end it you have to give what's left back (I thought).
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  15. #55
    mascot extraordinaire
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    8,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    I thought they all did that now. If you suspend your campaign you get to keep the money, if you end it you have to give what's left back (I thought).
    Close. Putting a hold on campaign you can still fundraiser, ending it you cant.

  16. #56

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Long Winded Posts That Go Nowhere (TM)
    Posts
    70,423

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

    Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    Close. Putting a hold on campaign you can still fundraiser, ending it you cant.
    Ah, I see. Either way you can steal what you've got but by suspending you can steal more. That's nice.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  17. #57
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    7,781

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    Years ago I worked in PA for the union I work for now. Bob Casey, current senior senator from PA, was running for PA Auditor General and wanted my union's support. He came to a meeting of the Union's Executive Board and was very impressive in front of those members, the ones elected by their co-workers to represent their interests. The Auditor General's office had a great deal of oversight of the nursing home industry in PA and the bulk of our members were in the nursing home industry. Casey was more supportive of unionized nursing home workers than any other politician I have been around, before or since, and generally had a great record when it came to organized labor. He told stories of how nursing home workers had cared for an elderly relative (his grandmother IIRC) as if they were part of her own family and recognized how hard they worked and for very little money. In short, there was no reason for our union to oppose him based on our members needs and his record as far as labor issues were concerned. But our union's staff leadership balked, because Casey, a devout and practicing Catholic, was not all the way over to the left shoulder about ready to fall off the cliff when it came to the abortion debate. Now mind you, he gets a passing grade from some abortion rights groups, supports over-the-counter sales of emergency contraception and opposed barring some federal grants to organizations that provide abortions. But because he personally felt that abortion was a bad CHOICE and would council people to make a DIFFERENT CHOICE, the leadership of my union questioned giving him our stamp of approval.

    The left don't know how to get out of their own way sometimes, and we all pay for it by seeing people like trump and W elected. There is not a democrat running, anywhere and for any office, who is not preferable to their republican counterpart now, next year or for the next generation most likely. Yet there will be untold 1000s of supporters of each of the 23 democratic candidates now seeking the nomination of their party for president who DIDN'T win stay home from the election in November of 2020, or like spoiled children, hold their breath and vote for some ridiculous third party candidate. And because of voter suppression, outright republican theft of votes and the divided nature of our electorate they may throw the election to trump all over again.
    The Democrats need to take all the memos like this one that have probably been written to their party leaders over the years and make them mandatory reading, on a monthly basis, for the candidate and his or her closest advisors.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

  18. #58
    Apartheid Loving Conservadem!
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    42,526

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    The coffee as-shole was the first to drop out.
    He doesnt count...even in a field filled with losers he didnt qualify. Even Yang was laughing at him
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  19. #59
    Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Black Lodge
    Posts
    33,699

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    He doesnt count...even in a field filled with losers he didnt qualify. Even Yang was laughing at him
    Exactly, Schultz was so boring and terrible he couldn't even get the Russian botskis to shill for him like Gabbard and Yang have.

    And thank you Swalwell for dropping out, I might think of you as a bit less of a jerk going forward. Hopefully this triggers more exits this week.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

  20. #60

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Long Winded Posts That Go Nowhere (TM)
    Posts
    70,423

    Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Hopefully this triggers more exits this week.
    Instead.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •