This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

We all know I'm a huge mayor Butt fan lol.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      If this was some one-off for Biden it'd be one thing but his issues with women go a lot deeper than that and ceding the moral high ground to Republicans doesn't exactly seem like a great strategy.
      So talking about how people tend to think nurses are hot is ceding the moral high ground? Are you on acid? The GOP candidate rapes people and brags about assaulting them...Biden made a nurse joke that is probably as old as he is. Talk about equivocating. I doubt even most nurses thought what he said was bad.

Jesus Christ to think Don Rickles was a Democrat.

Seriously the Twitter Caucus needs to get down off their White Guilt Horse and just let some stuff go. If you think this stuff is helping, you havent been paying attention. There are 12 bajillion reasons to think Biden is the wrong candidate, this comment isnt one of them.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I see Handy didn't read a post and reacted to it again lmao. Yes, the only issue Biden has IRT women is one thing he said about nurses one time... -_-

Comment

If you're a comedian you get to make sexist or racist jokes because the whole bit is you are making fun of the sexists and racists who will tell them unironically.

If you're a non-comedian, you get to make those jokes but you consider the environment. For example, you can't make them at work.

A politician is always at work. A candidate a hundred times so.

You don't make that joke. Not right now in the heart of #metoo. Not while the present occupant of the White House is a misogynist rapist. And for god's sake not when you have sexist behavior problems in your past.

Use some f-cking common sense. Joe Biden doesn't get to play the "lighten up, Francis" card here.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Exactly. I'd expect that line from Jim Jefferies not Joe Biden.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

We all know I'm a huge mayor Butt fan lol.
              Well, at least you aren't calling him Buttchug anymore...
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Seriously the Twitter Caucus needs to get down off their White Guilt Horse and just let some stuff go. If you think this stuff is helping, you havent been paying attention. There are 12 bajillion reasons to think Biden is the wrong candidate, this comment isnt one of them.
                A lot of progressives think it is helping. I refuse to ride the White Middle Class Straight Middle Aged Male guilt horse (in fact mine had a broken leg so I had him put down) and my unwillingness to do so is likely the reason I am not going to be working for the organization I am employed by much longer.

I am as far to the left (or further) on every issue of substance that is supposed to matter, like taxation, immigration, criminal justice reform, LGBTQIA (and whatever additional letters/numbers have been added this week) equality and humanity, education, healthcare and anything else progressives claim to care about as anyone in my organization. The only one I lag behind on is 2nd amendment issues on even on that I have evolved a thousand years from where I was a decade ago.

But because I refuse to play the PC game when it comes to a lot of it and because I refuse to spend time on my knees begging forgiveness for my white straight male privilege (something I also accept and acknowledge as completely real and continuing to this day) I am perceived as not just less supportive of the goals around here but openly hostile to them. It's why I hate identity politics and why a lot of people who look like me gave up on democrats and the liberal movement a generation ago. It's also why the liberals are not running the show in 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  If you're a comedian you get to make sexist or racist jokes because the whole bit is you are making fun of the sexists and racists who will tell them unironically.

If you're a non-comedian, you get to make those jokes but you consider the environment. For example, you can't make them at work.

A politician is always at work. A candidate a hundred times so.

You don't make that joke. Not right now in the heart of #metoo. Not while the present occupant of the White House is a misogynist rapist. And for god's sake not when you have sexist behavior problems in your past.

Use some f-cking common sense. Joe Biden doesn't get to play the "lighten up, Francis" card here.
                  This makes valid points. And since perception is reality, it is probably what smart, capable politicians should be doing. I also think we as liberals over react like it is a part of our DNA when it comes to anything perceived as a put-down, and that is the variable I'd like to see change. I'd also like to see Notre Dame win a hockey title, so I guess we don't get everything we want.

Comment

Joe Biden isnt...a Democratic Voter (his employer) is. And let me tell you something this is the crap that gets Democrats in trouble.

BTW I googled this story...not much out there. But if you type a search for "Biden Nurses" you get articles of him praising nurses, especially hospice ones going back quite a bit of ways. Once again the outrage is all on twitter it would seem.

Again there are 12 bajillion reasons to go after Biden...you start attacking him for this stuff over the legit stuff and it will help him more than it hurts him in the long run.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Well, at least you aren't calling him Buttchug anymore...
                      It's Monday, I'm not a peak childishness today

Comment

Joe Biden isnt...a Democratic Voter (his employer) is. And let me tell you something this is the crap that gets Democrats in trouble.

BTW I googled this story...not much out there. But if you type a search for "Biden Nurses" you get articles of him praising nurses, especially hospice ones going back quite a bit of ways. Once again the outrage is all on twitter it would seem.

Again there are 12 bajillion reasons to go after Biden...you start attacking him for this stuff over the legit stuff and it will help him more than it hurts him in the long run.
                        The media hates Biden for reasons I've never been quite sure about, so if it can't blow up an alleged "gaffe" it'll invent one instead. If it makes a certain poster feel better, the media doesn't like Sanders much either and will push a crazy old man meme on command whenever prodded to. Whether any of this matters to actual voters remains to be seen, although in Biden's case he needs to step up his game in a lot of areas not just from the faux outrage crowd.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I see Handy didn't read a post and reacted to it again lmao. Yes, the only issue Biden has IRT women is one thing he said about nurses one time... -_-
                          No I read your post, I always read them even when they give me a migraine. That is why I quoted it.

Even if you take EVERYTHING Biden has ever done or accused of when it comes to women there is no ceding the "Moral High Ground" to Trump and the GOP. I dont care if Biden rubbed the shoulders and smelled the hair of every women in DC since he got there it doesnt even move the needle compared to the antics of the GOP in the same time. There is no "Moral High Ground" to lose because the GOP stopped caring about that long ago. They know their voters dont care...and they know a high percentage of the voters in general dont either.

This is not the fight to fight. This is cutting off your nose to spite your face. You keep going after him for stuff like this it will backfire I promise you. Why do you think his numbers are still friggin good despite all sorts of Biden Stupidity? Because the vast majority of people dont care if he an old dude makes old dude comments and acts like a creepy old dude.

Look we both want the same thing (Biden to Lose) so let it happen organically. Dont turn him in to a sympathetic figure by going after him every 12 seconds because he sounds like an idiot when he opens his mouth. Let the candidates do that when they face him at debates. That is the only thing that has dented his armor, Harris going after him. That is the way to beat him.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            The media hates Biden for reasons I've never been quite sure about, so if it can't blow up an alleged "gaffe" it'll invent one instead. If it makes a certain poster feel better, the media doesn't like Sanders much either and will push a crazy old man meme on command whenever prodded to. Whether any of this matters to actual voters remains to be seen, although in Biden's case he needs to step up his game in a lot of areas not just from the faux outrage crowd.
                            The media hates Sanders because he is against Big Business and who owns media conglomerates? If the media was still a "Loss Leader" Warren and Bernie would lead every broadcast.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

We’re not trying to inspire republican voters handy, we’re trying to get ours to the poll and the two voter populations are very different. People on this side care about Biden’s creepy behavior, weird comments, pointing and lecturing at women, and stance on abortion among other things.

You can say the dem voters shouldn’t care about this but there’s no point in talking about hypotheticals that aren’t going to happen. And given that his entire poll advantage is based on people thinking he’s the most electable candidate, which has taken an enormous hit since he began running, its obvious that the voters are questioning how electable he is the more he opens his mouth and look into his past which has come under more scrutiny. Even from a strategy standpoint it seems questionable to nominate this guy because Trump can more easily perform “both sides” handwaving against a guy who has his own questionable past IRT women.
                              Last edited by trixR4kids; 07-08-2019, 12:13 PM.

Comment

The media hates Sanders because he is against Big Business and who owns media conglomerates? If the media was still a "Loss Leader" Warren and Bernie would lead every broadcast.
                                Its more than that. trix may be insane (okay, there's no maybe about it ) however he had a point when those stories about Klobuchur whipping binders at her staff came out and got glossed over by the media. If Sanders was winging binders at the heads of his staff who thinks the Beltway Bobs of the national press core would have just let that one go?

They apply the same standard to Biden for whatever reason.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X