X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Nuke the filibuster and you don’t need 60. And yeah realistically there might not be enough senators to support it (we don’t know what the exact makeup of the senate is going to be if he won so this point is already ridiculous). At which point you use the bully pulpit and your grass roots support to shift the party further left and get rid of the dead weight in the party that doesn’t support it.
    Nuking the filibuster has worked out great so far huh?

Then after getting rid of the "dead weight" what happens? Lose those seats to republicans instead of moderate democrats?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      Nuking the filibuster has worked out great so far huh?

Then after getting rid of the "dead weight" what happens? Lose those seats to republicans instead of moderate democrats?
      No one loses their seat for eliminating the filibuster.

If Warren and Klobuchar are going to end up getting the same amount done why would I want Klobuchar? Why wouldn't I want the President that dreams big and sets an agenda where the compromise is where Klobuchar is at instead of where the Republicans are at?

You ever stop to think about why the Republicans always start negotiating at the extreme? That's what Democrats need to do. That's why all these mealy mouthed ******* that debated last night need to just go away.

Dream big.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Frankly, I would cut off everyone not polling at 5% or better, but I guess that's "unfair" to the warmongering conservadems not named Biden.

Tonight is the Harris/Biden/Castro show, plus I figure De Blasio is probably good for a swing or two at Biden. I'll have to turn off the sound when Gillibrand and her Tracy Flick voice starts rambling. We shall see if Uncle Joe can withstand another pounding.
        Here is the question I have. How far away are the political parties from running their debates involving a dozen candidates or more like ESPN's Around the Horn? Just hook up 30 or 40 focus group members with handheld electronic sets and they can award "points" every time a candidate says something they like, or take points away every time they get mad at a candidate. Boot the low scorers, plus no one here has to argue over who got their azz kicked.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          No one loses their seat for eliminating the filibuster.

If Warren and Klobuchar are going to end up getting the same amount done why would I want Klobuchar? Why wouldn't I want the President that dreams big and sets an agenda where the compromise is where Klobuchar is at instead of where the Republicans are at?

You ever stop to think about why the Republicans always start negotiating at the extreme? That's what Democrats need to do. That's why all these mealy mouthed ******* that debated last night need to just go away.

Dream big.
          Right. Klobuchar is a good candidate when things are sane and better...she is NOT a wartime consigliere.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Right. Klobuchar is a good candidate when things are sane and better...she is NOT a wartime consigliere.
            Probably one of the better analogies I've seen.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              Here is the question I have. How far away are the political parties from running their debates involving a dozen candidates or more like ESPN's Around the Horn? Just hook up 30 or 40 focus group members with handheld electronic sets and they can award "points" every time a candidate says something they like, or take points away every time they get mad at a candidate. Boot the low scorers, plus no one here has to argue over who got their azz kicked.
              Meh. That takes all the fun out of triggering people like you.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Klobuchar was boring and awful last night. Even worse than the first debate. She belongs in the Senate (where I'm sure she's very good).

Comment

Joe is much better than his performance last time. He's just Biden his time.

I'll be here all week.
                  Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

So Harris already burned her busing zinger, and Biden's actually been pretty quiet in the last month. I wonder how this goes...

Comment

Yang with no tie again. What a doofus.

Comment

Some ******** in the audience just yelled during De Blasio's opener. Not sure what he was saying.

Comment

Inslee still gunning for the climate change issue. It's not gonna work.

And there's Gillibrand. *mutes*

Comment

Is Gabbard Elisabeth Holmsing her voice?
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Gabbard, "I love America, I was a solider, I know patriotism. National unity!" LMAO

Comment

...and here we go. Yangoroboto on the UBI.

EDIT: LOL, "Raise your hand in the crowd if you've seen stores close."

"The opposite of Donald Trump is an Asian man who likes math!"

Comment

Working...
                                X