Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

there's a good buck in that racket.

Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    As does Fade, but to put this into Mookie terms (And how a lot of women seem to be reading this), Biden pulled a Michelle Kwan and bobbled it, so now it's about hot nurses.
    the 1950s called.... they want there nurses back
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Oh good lord...people need to lighten up.
    Agreed. I read it as nurses being there to offer you psychological support, not some dumb "naughty nurses" reference.

I guess Joe has brought it on himself, though. He has that "haw haw" country club vibe about him.

All the more reason to send him to Shady Acres.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    the 1950s called.... they want there nurses back
    With all the flying you do I assumed you were going to go to stewardesses.
    Cornell University
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    With all the flying you do I assumed you were going to go to stewardesses.
    All yíall are talking nurses.

Mookie likes to stay on point.

Apartheid Loving Conservadem!

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    They do, but you know as well as I do this was awful for him. And we're not even Biden fans, FFS!
    Oh no, this was the stuff I knew would get him in trouble the last time everyone wanted him to run. Dem voters are just too big of wussies to not let it be a big deal. Rodney Dangerfield is too edgy for some of these people
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Agreed. I read it as nurses being there to offer you psychological support, not some dumb "naughty nurses" reference.

I guess Joe has brought it on himself, though. He has that "haw haw" country club vibe about him.

All the more reason to send him to Shady Acres.
    I read it as a naughty nurses line...and it made me laugh because it is something my grandpa would have said. You can feel him winking as he says it.

Is it a bit insensitive...yeah. So bleeping what!?! The Dems seem to have lost their sense of humor in the last 20 years. Not every joke is a national friggin tragedy. Just because it makes you giggle doesnt make you a bad person.

We truly are becoming PCU. Where is Parliament Funkadelic and Fat Jon Favreau with dread locks to save us?!?!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

\../ \../
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.

Oh no, this was the stuff I knew would get him in trouble the last time everyone wanted him to run. Dem voters are just too big of wussies to not let it be a big deal. Rodney Dangerfield is too edgy for some of these people
    More proof though that anyone who thinks "both sides are the same..." is dead wrong. The standard bearer for the republican party actually sexually assaults women and brags about it and nobody in his party gives the first, second or last 5h!t about it. An elder statesman for the democratic party makes a linguistic boo-boo that some may mistake for a condescending way of looking at nurses (who they may also assume are women) and some democrats want to hang him for it. If democratic politicians did hypocrisy as well as their republican counterparts (and if democratic-leaning voters were as susceptible to it) they'd win 90% of the elections.

If this was some one-off for Biden it'd be one thing but his issues with women go a lot deeper than that and ceding the moral high ground to Republicans doesn't exactly seem like a great strategy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    If this was some one-off for Biden it'd be one thing but his issues with women go a lot deeper than that and ceding the moral high ground to Republicans doesn't exactly seem like a great strategy.
    if Biden had the hots for men you Lefties would be singing his praise as if it was the second coming

If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar

We know pokey here can't think beyond the tip of his penis, and even that's a mythological concept.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

We all know I'm a huge mayor Butt fan lol.

So talking about how people tend to think nurses are hot is ceding the moral high ground? Are you on acid? The GOP candidate rapes people and brags about assaulting them...Biden made a nurse joke that is probably as old as he is. Talk about equivocating. I doubt even most nurses thought what he said was bad.

Jesus Christ to think Don Rickles was a Democrat.

Seriously the Twitter Caucus needs to get down off their White Guilt Horse and just let some stuff go. If you think this stuff is helping, you havent been paying attention. There are 12 bajillion reasons to think Biden is the wrong candidate, this comment isnt one of them.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

I see Handy didn't read a post and reacted to it again lmao. Yes, the only issue Biden has IRT women is one thing he said about nurses one time... -_-

ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ

If you're a comedian you get to make sexist or racist jokes because the whole bit is you are making fun of the sexists and racists who will tell them unironically.

If you're a non-comedian, you get to make those jokes but you consider the environment. For example, you can't make them at work.

A politician is always at work. A candidate a hundred times so.

You don't make that joke. Not right now in the heart of #metoo. Not while the present occupant of the White House is a misogynist rapist. And for god's sake not when you have sexist behavior problems in your past.

Use some f-cking common sense. Joe Biden doesn't get to play the "lighten up, Francis" card here.
    Cornell University

Exactly. I'd expect that line from Jim Jefferies not Joe Biden.

Lucia Apologist

We all know I'm a huge mayor Butt fan lol.
    Well, at least you aren't calling him Buttchug anymore...
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

\../ \../

Seriously the Twitter Caucus needs to get down off their White Guilt Horse and just let some stuff go. If you think this stuff is helping, you havent been paying attention. There are 12 bajillion reasons to think Biden is the wrong candidate, this comment isnt one of them.
    A lot of progressives think it is helping. I refuse to ride the White Middle Class Straight Middle Aged Male guilt horse (in fact mine had a broken leg so I had him put down) and my unwillingness to do so is likely the reason I am not going to be working for the organization I am employed by much longer.

I am as far to the left (or further) on every issue of substance that is supposed to matter, like taxation, immigration, criminal justice reform, LGBTQIA (and whatever additional letters/numbers have been added this week) equality and humanity, education, healthcare and anything else progressives claim to care about as anyone in my organization. The only one I lag behind on is 2nd amendment issues on even on that I have evolved a thousand years from where I was a decade ago.

But because I refuse to play the PC game when it comes to a lot of it and because I refuse to spend time on my knees begging forgiveness for my white straight male privilege (something I also accept and acknowledge as completely real and continuing to this day) I am perceived as not just less supportive of the goals around here but openly hostile to them. It's why I hate identity politics and why a lot of people who look like me gave up on democrats and the liberal movement a generation ago. It's also why the liberals are not running the show in 2019.

\../ \../

If you're a comedian you get to make sexist or racist jokes because the whole bit is you are making fun of the sexists and racists who will tell them unironically.

If you're a non-comedian, you get to make those jokes but you consider the environment. For example, you can't make them at work.

A politician is always at work. A candidate a hundred times so.

You don't make that joke. Not right now in the heart of #metoo. Not while the present occupant of the White House is a misogynist rapist. And for god's sake not when you have sexist behavior problems in your past.

Use some f-cking common sense. Joe Biden doesn't get to play the "lighten up, Francis" card here.
    This makes valid points. And since perception is reality, it is probably what smart, capable politicians should be doing. I also think we as liberals over react like it is a part of our DNA when it comes to anything perceived as a put-down, and that is the variable I'd like to see change. I'd also like to see Notre Dame win a hockey title, so I guess we don't get everything we want.

Joe Biden isnt...a Democratic Voter (his employer) is. And let me tell you something this is the crap that gets Democrats in trouble.

BTW I googled this story...not much out there. But if you type a search for "Biden Nurses" you get articles of him praising nurses, especially hospice ones going back quite a bit of ways. Once again the outrage is all on twitter it would seem.

Again there are 12 bajillion reasons to go after Biden...you start attacking him for this stuff over the legit stuff and it will help him more than it hurts him in the long run.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Well, at least you aren't calling him Buttchug anymore...
    It's Monday, I'm not a peak childishness today

Thread Information