X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

The large field isn't a problem.

They'll sift and winnow down to the best.

Just look at the GOP in 2016: Started at 17 and got down to ... nevermind.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      I question whether that change of behavior will happen.
      With a more able politician (Reagan's Ghost or something) I'd be really worried about someone who could come off as non-threatening but at the same time dog whistle his supporters into white nationalist hysteria. W had this ability somewhat and it took 6 years for voters to catch on and only after the Iraq War went wayyyyy south.

Chump on the other hand is going to enrage the left as much as he stokes the Nazis on the right. The problem, much like in 2018, is that he can't win if both sides are at 11 on a scale of 1 to 10 in terms of outrage. He needs his people to show while the other side doesn't. I get your pessimism given past history but you have to understand that this isn't the end of Trump going all Klan on us. Its only the beginning in terms of the 2020 campaign. If he had the ability to pivot at any point and show a more conciliatory side maybe he could pull it off. I'm not expecting that for one minute however.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I'm prepared to believe dump is not racist, at least to the extent he feels the same about blacks, mexicans, muslims, (most) women, gays, poor people, and anyone else who does not serve his narcissistic needs. They all have subhuman value to him. Just as he has no ideals, good or bad.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          I'm prepared to believe dump is not racist, at least to the extent he feels the same about blacks, mexicans, muslims, (most) women, gays, poor people, and anyone else who does not serve his narcissistic needs. They all have subhuman value to him. Just as he has no ideals, good or bad.
          Sure. See the POTUS thread. Lindsey offered up that very explanation. You can join him.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Sure. See the POTUS thread. Lindsey offered up that very explanation. You can join him.
            If it's the quote you just cited in the other thread, Lindsey did not offer the same explanation.

The dump I see is someone who does not give a shyt about his country or the people in it. He is unable, and it makes him too dangerous to be anywhere but in prison or a place where he holds no power over other people. I doubt Lindsey is describing that person.
            Last edited by burd; 07-18-2019, 01:55 PM.

Comment

If it's the quote you just cited in the other thread, Lindsey did not offer the same explanation.

The dump I see is someone who does not give a shyt about his country or the people in it. He is unable, and it makes him too dangerous to be anywhere but in prison or a place where he holds no power over other people. I doubt Lindsey is describing that person.
              Yes, yes he is. You're just in the "disagree" column. Those that agree with him are fine and not subhuman.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Yes, yes he is. You're just in the "disagree" column. Those that agree with him are fine and not subhuman.
                We apparently agree.

Comment

We apparently agree.
                  No. Lindsey offered the same explanation. You said he didn't. I don't agree with Lindsey at all.

Comment

Yes, he is primarily a Dump Supremacist. He hates you to the extent you are not him.

I do think he has some extra loathing for blacks, though. His daddy was an infamous racist and he seems to have lived his entire life trying to prove himself to his daddy who regarded him as a pathetic weakling.

But perhaps it's just that any attribute one differs from him on is another step removed from him and thus another step lower on the Dump Scale. So, old rich white men have the highest Dumpiness Score and young poor black women have the lowest and are thus the least human to him.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Trump probably doesn't even run for POTUS in a world without Obama. He was one of the biggest promoters of the birther nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Trump probably doesn't even run for POTUS in a world without Obama. He was one of the biggest promoters of the birther nonsense.
                        Obama was rocket fuel for racists. They had an even bigger boost than the gun nuts (granted, there is significant overlap).

Before Bams there were still Republicans who argued with a straight face that it was a principled movement of fiscal conservatives. For the last 11 years it has been impossible for any Republican to not realize (whether he admits it or not) that his party is merely the same racist, sexist, fundy sewage that every other western democracy coughs up whenever the economy hiccups. It's the party of 20's Italy and 30's Germany. All of their Richard Weaveresque sophistry to the contrary, conservatism in this country is identical with bigotry, ignorance, and reaction. Their transformation into a fascist party is the one honest and self-aware thing they've done since Reagan.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 07-18-2019, 04:40 PM.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Being racist and furthering your own narcissistic goals aren’t mutually exclusive things. And as the most powerful person in the country he uses it to enact white supremacist agendas so....

Comment

This fantasy draft is carried live across Asia . Too funny.

Maybe the worst since older man hosted the marlins and Rockies expansion draft
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              Plus, this is confusing to Trump. No clear Dem front runner to name call means he can be distracted by the freshman representatives who aren't eligible to run for President until 2028.
                              That’s not distraction
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                Plus, this is confusing to Trump. No clear Dem front runner to name call means he can be distracted by the freshman representatives who aren't eligible to run for President until 2028.
                                That doesn't mean he won't run against them in 2020.

Comment

Working...
                                X