X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Here we too agree (although I believe the quoted figures from the previous links are in err, unless I am misunderstanding context).

Total more than 7.5% of your AGI (only the amount that exceeds 7.5% is deductible) <-- that's Form 1040 Schedule A

That number, if at all, should be no more than 2% of AGI. And you should be able to include medical, dental, and prescriptive (lens, not frames) vision expenses.
    I got tripped up by the same thing, I believe. If I am understanding Biden’s plan correctly...

What Biden is wanting is that premiums are capped at 8.5% of your gross. This doesn’t include the tax deductible portion of medical care costs. Unless I misunderstand how the ACA premiums work with taxes, a likelihood. If you can deduct premiums, then that’s a little different. But if you can’t, you’re looking at 8.5% just to premiums and up to 7.5% that isn’t deductible. So right there you’re looking at 16%.

I know the cost problem isn’t going to be fixed by making everything deductible. But it will help. Especially those in the bottom 2/3 of income.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Can't we simplify?

What'd you pay (your portion, not employer's portion) for medical, dental, vision coverage?
      What'd you pay out of pocket for medical, dental, prescriptive vision?

If that number (the sum of the two) is more than 4%* of AGI the overage is tax deductible.
      Done.

*negotiable
      Last edited by The Sicatoka; 07-15-2019, 03:24 PM.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Can't we simplify?

What'd you pay (your portion, not employer's portion) for medical, dental, vision coverage?
        What'd you pay out of pocket for medical, dental, prescriptive vision?

If that number (the sum of the two) is more than 4%* of AGI the overage is tax deductible.
        Done.

*negotiable
        Instead of tax deductible just make it fully refundable. So we keep the same system we have now but people can file for a refund at tax time for their medical expenses.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Instead of tax deductible just make it fully refundable. So we keep the same system we have now but people can file for a refund at tax time for their medical expenses.
          That's kinda setting the rate at 0% of AGI. Not exactly, but close.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Kep is backdooring single payer. I kind of like it. Keep your plan. Pick your doctor. Send us the bill.

But then it doesn’t address the problems with prescription costs, overhead, etc.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Can't we simplify?
              Sure, Medicare for All would be a lot simpler.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Kep is backdooring single payer. I kind of like it. Keep your plan. Pick your doctor. Send us the bill.

But then it doesn’t address the problems with prescription costs, overhead, etc.
                But who decides on what the doctor gets paid? And what if it isn't enough?
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Part of my fix for this is reducing tuition for med school and then reducing salary. You can still pay docs a lot without making them go 200k in debt

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    Part of my fix for this is reducing tuition for med school and then reducing salary. You can still pay docs a lot without making them go 200k in debt
                    But those condos in Cabo!!
                    The ski haus in Aspen!!!
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

The ski haus in Aspen!!!
                      They should be born with a trust fund if they want those! Right?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Serious question, why don't you have the same concern when it comes to your insurance companies that are mainly foisted on you by your employer?

At least with the government, you can kick the bums out and/or seek judicial review of their rulings. With an insurance company, good farking luck appealing a denial of benefits.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          Serious question, why don't you have the same concern when it comes to your insurance companies that are mainly foisted on you by your employer?

At least with the government, you can kick the bums out and/or seek judicial review of their rulings. With an insurance company, good farking luck appealing a denial of benefits.
                          My health plan is thru FEHBA.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            They should be born with a trust fund if they want those! Right?
                            But somebody needed $$ to start the trust fund.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The ski haus in Aspen!!!
                              I've never met any GPs under the age of 50 with any of that stuff, unless they inherited some wealth in the first place.

Now those d@mn dentists, that's another matter.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                                Sure, Medicare for All would be a lot simpler.
                                Simple solutions for simple minds.

If eliminating private insurance and Medicare for all is the answer then why do 1/3 of all people on Medicare chose to go with a private insurer and the number is growing each year and expected to hit 50% some time in 2025? And why is the government, Congress, been pushing more people to these private insurers? Efficiency and controlling costs, private insurers are more efficient because that’s where the profit is. Why do people chose to go with private insurance? Better coverage/more benefits.
                                Over 90% of people new to Medicare chose the Gubermint out of ignorance, but once they learn they get better benefits and speedier response from private insurance, they switch.

you lefties are a riot, it would be even more humorous if the consequences of your ignorance wasn't so damaging

Comment

Working...
                                X