This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    Truth over facts. That's a new one. Jesus.
    Was he in Shinbone?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      It's hilarious how Rover won't actually debate anything on the merits and just keeps repeating that Sanders supporters are "crazy" for wanting basic things that every other country has.
      As I'm in Lizzy Warren's camp I fail to see too much daylight between the two of them besides Warren having better thought out and more articulate plans. Oh and yes, Sanders supporters are by and large card carrying loons. Sanders isn't in 3rd place because he's losing votes to Warren. He's in 3rd place because Gabbard, Williamson and Yang are out-nutting even him and thus walking away with one third of his coalition.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        It's hilarious how Rover won't actually debate anything on the merits and just keeps repeating that Sanders supporters are "crazy" for wanting basic things that every other country has.
        He wants attention. Every time things calm down he drops some ad hom nonsense. Treat him like a tween.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

She still doesn't even have Medicare for All on her website's issues page, that's not even getting into the myriad of other issues she's worse on. Her plan to tax the wealthy is an unworkable mess unlike taxing high frequency trading (this is according to the tax policy center) like every other country, her college plan won't do as much to reduce inequality because she made it overly complex for no actual reason (also TPC), she was ok with bombing Palestinian schools and hospitals up until somewhat recently, signed the letter condeming Obama for supporting the UN agreement against Israeli settlements, voted for Iraq/Venezuela sanctions, voted for Trump's military budget in 2018, her green new military idea is pretty bad, and one significant difference is that she has far less grassroots support or support of anyone other than white college grads (apparently this only matters when talking about Bernie ). I'm willing to give her a pass on being a Republican well into her 40's because she supports better policies now but that lack of consistency isn't exactly ideal for a presidential candidate either.

And he's not even in third place lol.

edit: This is basically out of the same playbook from 2016 when they said Bernie and Hillary are 90% the same or whatever which was even more laughable.
          Last edited by trixR4kids; 08-09-2019, 08:54 PM.

Comment

So now Warren is a warmongering conservadem?

Comment

She's definitely on the better end of the spectrum but those policies are all problematic to say the least.

Comment

Lol
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                  She still doesn't even have Medicare for All on her website's issues page
                  That’s probably because she knows that doesn’t speak to the swing voters she would need to win the general election.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                    That’s probably because she knows that doesn’t speak to the swing voters she would need to win the general election.
                    Wrong.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Wrong.
                      Pretty much

Comment

I don’t give a rat’s about policy differences among the dem candidates. As far as I’m concerned, all they need to do is nominate someone reasonably likable to ensure a win, then hash out the specifics once trump is out of the way. Meaning: the candidate needs apparent and genuine good will for others (the anti-Hillary), a sense of humor, an appearance of humility, a generous spirit.
                        You may not agree; but if you did, who is/are the front runner(s)?
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                          I don’t give a rat’s about policy differences among the dem candidates. As far as I’m concerned, all they need to do is nominate someone reasonably likable to ensure a win, then hash out the specifics once trump is out of the way. Meaning: the candidate needs apparent and genuine good will for others (the anti-Hillary), a sense of humor, an appearance of humility, a generous spirit.
                          You may not agree; but if you did, who is/are the front runner(s)?
                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is why I back Amy K. She can reach across and get things done. She's central enough to get those swing voters. Lay the foundation. Biden and Bernie? Too old and loony. Warren? I like her, but she's perfect where she is at. I'm still open book to Kamala and Beto.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is why I back Amy K. She can reach across and get things done. She's central enough to get those swing voters. Lay the foundation. Biden and Bernie? Too old and loony. Warren? I like her, but she's perfect where she is at. I'm still open book to Kamala and Beto.
                            Do you like Mayor Pete? Or just assuming he’s too far of a long shot?
                            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                              Do you like Mayor Pete? Or just assuming he’s too far of a long shot?
                              He's a long shot, IMO. But, things can change day to day, much less a year from now.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                                Yes Medicare for all speaks to much of the far left (as referenced in the article you linked. To swing voters needed to win the general, not so much.

Comment

Working...
                                X