Also lmao:

Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Also lmao:
    Libby are good at the maths.

Also lmao:
    Centrism for the win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

Lucia Apologist

Also lmao:
    For once you and I are 100% on board here. Iíve always been blown away at how high medical costs need to be before they are tax-deductible.

Anything out-of-pocket should count towards itemization. With no cap. The state should not be forcing you to decide whether to seek medical care or pay taxes.

I donít understand how this is even centrism. Itís loonball-****-the-poor-and-middle-class-ism

I donít know many people who could take an 8.5% hit on gross pay and actually afford it. Even for an upper middle class family that makes $150k a year, that might be $12.5k. Even a family like that might not have that kind of cash sitting around. Then get taxed on top of it.

Just make it 100% deductible across the board.

Edit: great comment in the thread:
    ďLove [to] tithe 8.5% of my income to AetnaĒ

Edit 2: I had completely misinterpreted the 8.5% figure. Itís even worse. 8.5% of your income is the cap on premiums. Not even including cost of care. Holy hell.

Edit 3: the rest of it seems pretty down the road. But I have a feeling that employers arenít going to look at that 8.5% and see a way to offload their plans onto the government. Just keep increasing costs annually without any kind of pay raise, and poof, problem solved.
    Last edited by dxmnkd316; 07-15-2019 at 01:04 PM.

Kicizapi Cetan

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    For once you and I are 100% on board here. Iíve always been blown away at how high medical costs need to be before they are tax-deductible.

Anything out-of-pocket should count towards itemization. With no cap.
    Here we too agree (although I believe the quoted figures from the previous links are in err, unless I am misunderstanding context).

Total more than 7.5% of your AGI (only the amount that exceeds 7.5% is deductible) <-- that's Form 1040 Schedule A

That number, if at all, should be no more than 2% of AGI. And you should be able to include medical, dental, and prescriptive (lens, not frames) vision expenses.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Here we too agree (although I believe the quoted figures from the previous links are in err, unless I am misunderstanding context).

Total more than 7.5% of your AGI (only the amount that exceeds 7.5% is deductible) <-- that's Form 1040 Schedule A

That number, if at all, should be no more than 2% of AGI. And you should be able to include medical, dental, and prescriptive (lens, not frames) vision expenses.
    I got tripped up by the same thing, I believe. If I am understanding Bidenís plan correctly...

What Biden is wanting is that premiums are capped at 8.5% of your gross. This doesnít include the tax deductible portion of medical care costs. Unless I misunderstand how the ACA premiums work with taxes, a likelihood. If you can deduct premiums, then thatís a little different. But if you canít, youíre looking at 8.5% just to premiums and up to 7.5% that isnít deductible. So right there youíre looking at 16%.

I know the cost problem isnít going to be fixed by making everything deductible. But it will help. Especially those in the bottom 2/3 of income.

Kicizapi Cetan

Can't we simplify?

What'd you pay (your portion, not employer's portion) for medical, dental, vision coverage?
    What'd you pay out of pocket for medical, dental, prescriptive vision?

If that number (the sum of the two) is more than 4%* of AGI the overage is tax deductible.
    Done.

*negotiable
    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 07-15-2019 at 03:24 PM.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

Can't we simplify?

What'd you pay (your portion, not employer's portion) for medical, dental, vision coverage?
    What'd you pay out of pocket for medical, dental, prescriptive vision?

If that number (the sum of the two) is more than 4%* of AGI the overage is tax deductible.
    Done.

*negotiable
    Instead of tax deductible just make it fully refundable. So we keep the same system we have now but people can file for a refund at tax time for their medical expenses.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Kicizapi Cetan

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Instead of tax deductible just make it fully refundable. So we keep the same system we have now but people can file for a refund at tax time for their medical expenses.
    That's kinda setting the rate at 0% of AGI. Not exactly, but close.

North Dakota Hockey:

Lucia Apologist

Kep is backdooring single payer. I kind of like it. Keep your plan. Pick your doctor. Send us the bill.

But then it doesnít address the problems with prescription costs, overhead, etc.

Can't we simplify?
    Sure, Medicare for All would be a lot simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Kep is backdooring single payer. I kind of like it. Keep your plan. Pick your doctor. Send us the bill.

But then it doesnít address the problems with prescription costs, overhead, etc.
    But who decides on what the doctor gets paid? And what if it isn't enough?

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Part of my fix for this is reducing tuition for med school and then reducing salary. You can still pay docs a lot without making them go 200k in debt

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Part of my fix for this is reducing tuition for med school and then reducing salary. You can still pay docs a lot without making them go 200k in debt
    But those condos in Cabo!!
    The ski haus in Aspen!!!

The ski haus in Aspen!!!
    They should be born with a trust fund if they want those! Right?

Serious question, why don't you have the same concern when it comes to your insurance companies that are mainly foisted on you by your employer?

At least with the government, you can kick the bums out and/or seek judicial review of their rulings. With an insurance company, good farking luck appealing a denial of benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    Serious question, why don't you have the same concern when it comes to your insurance companies that are mainly foisted on you by your employer?

At least with the government, you can kick the bums out and/or seek judicial review of their rulings. With an insurance company, good farking luck appealing a denial of benefits.
    My health plan is thru FEHBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    They should be born with a trust fund if they want those! Right?
    But somebody needed $$ to start the trust fund.

Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    The ski haus in Aspen!!!
    I've never met any GPs under the age of 50 with any of that stuff, unless they inherited some wealth in the first place.

Now those d@mn dentists, that's another matter.

Sure, Medicare for All would be a lot simpler.
    Simple solutions for simple minds.

If eliminating private insurance and Medicare for all is the answer then why do 1/3 of all people on Medicare chose to go with a private insurer and the number is growing each year and expected to hit 50% some time in 2025? And why is the government, Congress, been pushing more people to these private insurers? Efficiency and controlling costs, private insurers are more efficient because thatís where the profit is. Why do people chose to go with private insurance? Better coverage/more benefits.
    Over 90% of people new to Medicare chose the Gubermint out of ignorance, but once they learn they get better benefits and speedier response from private insurance, they switch.

you lefties are a riot, it would be even more humorous if the consequences of your ignorance wasn't so damaging

Thread Information