This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers IV: Culling the Herd

Why and the hell would you guys sit through that? Wasnt there paint drying somewhere?

On another note my mom said the other day she doesnt like Harris because she was mean to Biden.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Terry McAuliffe is so hilariously out of touch.
      Lemme guess. "With a field like this I wonder if Hillary will jump in?"

I hate the McAuliffe-Brazile clique and wish they would amble off the stage permanently. Their generation did nothing for us as a party or a nation. They were a betrayal of liberalism. Hit the road you bums.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Why and the hell would you guys sit through that? Wasnt there paint drying somewhere?
        there are moments when mookie is sad that these are on in the middle of the night... but then mookie settles down and is thanful
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

You know you and I are 10 years younger than him...
          you two are too young as well!!!! now go and finish your chores!
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
            Nuking the filibuster has worked out great so far huh?

Then after getting rid of the "dead weight" what happens? Lose those seats to republicans instead of moderate democrats?
            Yes moderate democrats like Heitkamp and McCaskill did so well we need more people like them.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
              Yes moderate democrats like Heitkamp and McCaskill did so well we need more people like them.
              You are probably right. AOC would have done much better in North Dakota.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                "Booker won this debate" lol, shut the fark up CNN.

On another note, Jen Granholm still looks pretty good 10 years later, despite too much makeup.
                I thought he did pretty well in what was otherwise a snoozer of a debate. I like him more and more as I hear more from him. If he didn’t win, who did? Castro maybe (but i don’t see it)?

Comment

On another note my mom said the other day she doesnt like Harris because she was mean to Biden.
                  A point Harris would be wise to pay attention to. Reminds me of a story from Ted Kennedy's first Senate campaign where his Dem primary opponent attacked him for not being up for the job and only being on stage because of his last name to hoots from the crowd. I think the dude as the AG of Massachusetts. Anyway years later he recounted that campaign, and said "I knew I was in trouble when my mother called me later that night and said 'why were you so mean to that nice Kennedy boy'"

Nobody not named "trix" actually thinks Biden is a racist much like Gillenbrand's absurd attack on an editorial he wrote 100 years ago in favor of a child care tax credit isn't helping her cause. All this is going is allowing the old guy to consolidate support from all the moderates while the more liberal candidates split the vote.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                    A point Harris would be wise to pay attention to. Reminds me of a story from Ted Kennedy's first Senate campaign where his Dem primary opponent attacked him for not being up for the job and only being on stage because of his last name to hoots from the crowd. I think the dude as the AG of Massachusetts. Anyway years later he recounted that campaign, and said "I knew I was in trouble when my mother called me later that night and said 'why were you so mean to that nice Kennedy boy'"

Nobody not named "trix" actually thinks Biden is a racist much like Gillenbrand's absurd attack on an editorial he wrote 100 years ago in favor of a child care tax credit isn't helping her cause. All this is going is allowing the old guy to consolidate support from all the moderates while the more liberal candidates split the vote.
                    Reminds me of this story:

Click and read the whole thread. It’s good.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                      You are probably right. AOC would have done much better in North Dakota.
                      She couldn’t have done any worse.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                        She couldn’t have done any worse.
                        I think his point was that she would have been never been elected in the first place.

Edit: Which is kind of a silly rebuttal of a silly argument.

You elect the most liberal candidate that can be elected. You wouldn't run her in ND or MO.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

What a coincidence, that's exactly what my mom said! Must be the cable media talking point. Or what Meghan McCain said on The View.

Comment

Well yeah but AOC doesn’t exist in 2013 and politics has changed considerably since then so it’s a moot point. Fast forwarding to 2019, republican lite doesn’t work well when the opposition can just pick the MAGA chud.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                              I thought he did pretty well in what was otherwise a snoozer of a debate. I like him more and more as I hear more from him. If he didn’t win, who did? Castro maybe (but i don’t see it)?
                              Biden, because he entered the front runner and he leaves the front runner. I too like most people don't think Biden is where the party is at right now. However, that's not the same discussion as to whether or not he becomes the nominee. That race is based on accumulating delegates and when Bennett/Delaney/Klobachur/Hickenlooper/etc start dropping out soon I suspect most of those center-left votes are going to go to Biden thus increasing his strength relative to Bernie/Lizzy/Kamala who continue to split to votes of the liberal wing. Remember, if you don't hit 15% in a primary you don't get any delegates IIRC. Something has to give with those 3.

Regarding Booker, right now he's a gnat. If he started rising in the polls he'd get the same treatment Harris got last night, which is people would actually start focusing in on his record.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

What a coincidence, that's exactly what my mom said! Must be the cable media talking point. Or what Meghan McCain said on The View.
                                My Mom would side with Harris.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X