This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    When local media calls you out, that’s usually a good sign something was handled poorly.

Conference conspiracies are a bad look for college athletics
    Tags on that one are spicy.

Tags
    Chad Courrier Cowardice Mass Communication Deceit Share Twitter Option Conference Internet Sport Official Boner Public Relations Statement Law Politics League Realignment Tactic Peer News Wcha Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Re: New WCHA is dead

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
      Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

Let’s take a look at last season’s non-conference records for the seven breakaways...

Bemidji State: 2-4-2
      Bowling Green: 5-1-1
      Ferris State: 2-4-0
      Lake Superior: 4-1-0
      Michigan Tech: 1-5-1
      Mankato: 5-2-1
      Northern Michigan: 1-6-0

You want to get a better PWR, win. Period.
      20-23-5 is not insurmountable. 1-22-1 on top of it would be.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
        Hasn't Navy been rumored to AH since the current middies were in diapers?...
        That rumor has been making the rounds ever since the Brits tried to sail into Baltimore Harbor. All due respect to Messrs. Trefzger and Connelly but I wouldn't hold my breath.
        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
          That rumor has been making the rounds ever since the Brits tried to sail into Baltimore Harbor. All due respect to Messrs. Trefzger and Connelly but I wouldn't hold my breath.
          I thought they flew into BWI..... (sorry, couldn't resist)
          Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
          FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
          NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
          NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
          NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
          NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
          Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
            Great comment!

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              20-23-5 is not insurmountable. 1-22-1 on top of it would be.
              It is when 70% of those 20 wins are from three teams. Not coincidental that the two WCHA teams who made the NCAA’s last year were a combined 10-3-2 in non-conference play. The only team from last season who can make the grievance that the collective WCHA PWR screwed them out of an at-large bid is Lake Superior, who had some bad conference losses that knocked them down. As presently constructed, this new league still looks a lot like a two-bid league unless the teams not named Mankato step it up on an annual basis.

And for the record...I will freely admit UAF’s non-conference record is not helpful. We had something like a top-5 difficult non-conference schedule last season: ASU (when nobody knew they’d be good), St. Cloud and Denver. I get the aspiration to beat top teams, but I’d rather we schedule more winnable games. But hey, none of that may even matter anymore.
              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

It is when 70% of those 20 wins are from three teams. Not coincidental that the two WCHA teams who made the NCAA’s last year were a combined 10-3-2 in non-conference play. The only team from last season who can make the grievance that the collective WCHA PWR screwed them out of an at-large bid is Lake Superior, who had some bad conference losses that knocked them down. As presently constructed, this new league still looks a lot like a two-bid league unless the teams not named Mankato step it up on an annual basis.

And for the record...I will freely admit UAF’s non-conference record is not helpful. We had something like a top-5 difficult non-conference schedule last season: ASU (when nobody knew they’d be good), St. Cloud and Denver. I get the aspiration to beat top teams, but I’d rather we schedule more winnable games. But hey, none of that may even matter anymore.
                Agreed. NMU was third in WCHA play, but missed the tournament...not because of the Alaska schools or Huntsville, but because they went 1-6 in non-con games. Our Pairwise problems are solved when we can go .500 against the NCHC and Big.

Comment

Why on earth would anyone hire Kurtz. The guy is a total D***. What the heck does he mean by global hockey commnity decision. I'll tell you. What he means is, NO. and he is just too dang afraid and too much of a coward to say it.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                    They couldn’t. We had taken over the airports by then.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      They couldn’t. We had taken over the airports by then.
                      Give me free airline miles or give me death!

Comment

It is when 70% of those 20 wins are from three teams.
                        Do the numbers support the argument that if the rest of the league didn't s**t the bed in NC that LSSU still doesn't improve it's PWR enough to make the tournament?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          Do the numbers support the argument that if the rest of the league didn't s**t the bed in NC that LSSU still doesn't improve it's PWR enough to make the tournament?
                          That was my point. LSSU didn’t get in because they had heavy flatulence during foreplay while in the conference bed, as opposed to a full on bed ****ting in non-conference play. So yeah, if UAH, UAA, UAF, Bemidji, Ferris, Tech, and NMU don’t go a combined 7-37-4 in non-con play last season it probably would have helped LSSU. The narrative that just the three castaways are everything wrong with the WCHA and its PWR is false.

If the goal here is to get all of you special seven in the NCAA’s, it ain’t going to happen with four of you only winning one or two non-con games.
                          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

That was my point. LSSU didn’t get in because they had heavy flatulence during foreplay while in the conference bed, as opposed to a full on bed ****ting in non-conference play. So yeah, if UAH, UAA, UAF, Bemidji, Ferris, Tech, and NMU don’t go a combined 7-37-4 in non-con play last season it probably would have helped LSSU. The narrative that just the three castaways are everything wrong with the WCHA and its PWR is false.

If the goal here is to get all of you special seven in the NCAA’s, it ain’t going to happen with four of you only winning one or two non-con games.
                            I'd be curious to see how much money these schools were all spending on travel to UAA, UAF and UAH. I'd wager that its cost plus record thing with these three schools, they are just not good enough to be worth the cost of travel. Of course this is a mute point as the budget cuts have killed the AK programs anyways, wouldn't be surprised if they fold before the exit process is up.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                              Well played, sir!
                              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                                That was my point.
                                Which doesn't answer mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X