X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New WCHA is dead

Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
    well... he probably can't name all the great lakes...
    I thought Harvard grads were supposed to be smart.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

i have no idea on him being pro-active or not.
      He might have been proactive 20 years ago, but I certainly wouldn't use that adjective to describe him now.

He's also very much a New England/northeast guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrunkTrainPolka View Post
        he said he is stepping down... not retiring.
        Bertagna will remain the Executive Director of the American Hockey Coaches Association, a position he has held since 1991, when the AHCA was first created. Bertagna recently agreed to an extension to serve that role through the 2022-23 season.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by tape View Post
          He's also very much a New England/northeast guy.
          And Indiana.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
            And Indiana.
            OK, that was funny.

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
              I've got it! NGSC! Not a Good Samaritan Conference.

GFM
              I demand royalties...

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Idea for students at schools hosting NGSC (yeah, let’s roll with it) teams in non-con games this year:

“Let’s Go Seawolves/Nanooks/Chargers” chants.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

in regard to the possible formation of a newnewWCHA;

could RIT be considered as an eight member joining the magnificent seven?

RIT is much closer to BGSU then UAH. and its about the same for BSU (the furthest team from UAH) to travel to either.

and that way too AHA also goes to an even number of 10 members - or maybe RIT and UAH just trade places.

RIT's coach is a BGSU alum...

and conceivably, as far as names go, you have all member schools in states that have a shore on one (or two or three or four) of the great lakes;

GLHA - Great Lakes Hockey Association

GO TECH GOLD!

Comment

in regard to the possible formation of a newnewWCHA;

could RIT be considered as an eight member joining the magnificent seven?

RIT is much closer to BGSU then UAH. and its about the same for BSU (the furthest team from UAH) to travel to either.

and that way too AHA also goes to an even number of 10 members - or maybe RIT and UAH just trade places.

RIT's coach is a BGSU alum...

and conceivably, as far as names go, you have all member schools in states that have a shore on one (or two or three or four) of the great lakes;

GLHA - Great Lakes Hockey Association

GO TECH GOLD!
                    RIT would still be a very long trip for most of the teams in the newWCHA, especially those furthest west. Why not just make UAH the 8th team?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                      RIT would still be a very long trip for most of the teams in the newWCHA, especially those furthest west. Why not just make UAH the 8th team?
                      because UAH is further then RIT for five of the magnificent seven...

only BSU and MNSU would have to travel more; BSU 14 miles further and MNSU 86 miles further (if talking best bus-route miles)

not to mention having the option of much, much better flights in buffalo, rochester, and syracuse.
                      Last edited by DrunkTrainPolka; 07-29-2019, 12:50 PM.

Comment

because UAH is further then RIT for five of the magnificent seven...

only BSU and MNSU would have to travel more; BSU 14 miles further and MNSU 86 miles further (if talking best bus-route miles)

not to mention having the option of much, much better flights in buffalo, rochester, and syracuse.
                        I realize RIT is somewhat closer than UAH for most of the schools, but it's still a long road trip and most schools don't fly if they don't have to. I'd prefer to see UAH as the 8th team.

Comment

Air travel isn't any easier in this deal. Teams still need to get to Minneapolis/Chicago/Detroit to get a direct flight into Buffalo. That makes it an all day journey at best. Still looking at an additional night in there in most cases....
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                            I realize RIT is somewhat closer than UAH for most of the schools, but it's still a long road trip and most schools don't fly if they don't have to. I'd prefer to see UAH as the 8th team.
                            i like UAH... ...and would not have a problem with them being the eight team.

if the AKs are to really be out, the improvement on the travel side is substantial to say the least.

GO TECH GOLD!

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                              Air travel isn't any easier in this deal. Teams still need to get to Minneapolis/Chicago/Detroit to get a direct flight into Buffalo. That makes it an all day journey at best. Still looking at an additional night in there in most cases....
                              Most of the big schools charter rather than take a flight. it leaves right from your town and lands right at their town, but it is a lot more costly. Wisconsin charters from Madison to Houghton believe it or not, a 20 minute flight.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                Most of the big schools charter rather than take a flight. it leaves right from your town and lands right at their town, but it is a lot more costly. Wisconsin charters from Madison to Houghton believe it or not, a 20 minute flight.
                                Wow. So, out of curiosity, I went to Expedia and requested a flight from Madison to Houghton this Friday, returning the following Monday. The route was MSN-ORD-CMX; the best flight time of four was 3.5 hours at a cost of $1,200. Ground travel from Madison to Houghton would be about 5.5-6 hours

Comment

Working...
                                X