This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
    And another trip in the wayback machine when Mercyhurst, Niagara, Robert Morris, and Canisius discussed moving as a block to the CCHA, but only if Alaska left.
    https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...schools_to.php
    I keep forgetting that there’s a reason that we speculate about the “western” AHA schools being open to different affiliations. IIRC, the AH scholarship limitation was a key factor there and that’s an issue that’s evolved since.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      I keep forgetting that there’s a reason that we speculate about the “western” AHA schools being open to different affiliations. IIRC, the AH scholarship limitation was a key factor there and that’s an issue that’s evolved since.
      Yes, and without Google confirming it, I believe the AHA amended their bylaws to allow the full 18 scholarships if a school wished to right after the dust settled with the nWCHA as a way to keep those four (and more?) happy.

*edit* Oh, I was wrong, it took until 2016 for the league to vote (unanimously) to up the scholarships.
      Last edited by aparch; 07-10-2019, 03:06 PM.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: New WCHA is dead

The vote to override the governor's veto will fail in the Alaska legislature. An override requires 45 of 60 votes and only 38 (24 House, 14 Senate) are present in Juneau today.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          The vote to override the governor's veto will fail in the Alaska legislature. An override requires 45 of 60 votes and only 38 (24 House, 14 Senate) are present in Juneau today.
          That sucks!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Will the Nanooks and Seawolves even play next year if this is the case?

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

cowards...can't even be bothered to show up and vote...
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Sounds like it was a ****ing match between some who wanted the Special Session in Juneau, but some wanted it in Wasilla. The ones who didn't get it where they wanted it didn't show up.

(Edit, trying to follow all of this, I got lost on whether it is actually in Wasilla or Juneau).....
                  Last edited by beaverhockeyfan; 07-10-2019, 03:40 PM.
                  Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                  FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                  NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                  NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                  NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                  NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                  Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                  Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Rather typical. Gutless politicians on both sides of the aisle. We want something nobody likes, but we don't want to go on record for it.. go run and hide and blame everyone else..

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                      Will the Nanooks and Seawolves even play next year if this is the case?

GFM
                      I find it very hard to see how either school continues with any athletics after this. How do you justify spending on athletics when around 700 of 1562 employees at UAA are being laid off and 40 degree programs are being eliminated? Students from around Alaska have received notice that their admission to UA has been placed on hold pending today's actions. With the veto being sustained, those students won't be enrolled.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                        Sounds like it was a ****ing match between some who wanted the Special Session in Juneau, but some wanted it in Wasilla. The ones who didn't get it where they wanted it didn't show up.

(Edit, trying to follow all of this, I got lost on whether it is actually in Wasilla or Juneau).....
                        what a stupid ****ing match, the capitol is in Juneau, why on earth would a special session be held somewhere else?
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I find it very hard to see how either school continues with any athletics after this. How do you justify spending on athletics when around 700 of 1562 employees at UAA are being laid off and 40 degree programs are being eliminated? Students from around Alaska have received notice that their admission to UA has been placed on hold pending today's actions. With the veto being sustained, those students won't be enrolled.
                          This goes so far beyond college hockey at this point. Good way to screw over all those incoming students. Good way to screw over current students in the middle of their degree program... Good way to make a really good name for yourself as a state as a whole (Not!).... So very sad for so many
                          Last edited by The Troll mtu86; 07-10-2019, 03:50 PM.

Comment

If the AK schools do in fact lose their programs, which I don't see any way they can keep them, I sure hope the Rogue 7 think long and hard about following through with plans to leave UAH stranded with nowhere to go. C'mon NCAA hockey, you're better than this!

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                              If the AK schools do in fact lose their programs, which I don't see any way they can keep them, I sure hope the Rogue 7 think long and hard about following through with plans to leave UAH stranded with nowhere to go. C'mon NCAA hockey, you're better than this!

this is the skinny.......the new Chicken Chit H. A. is a Motor Lodge Bus league ...............

1. We don't go below the Mason Dixon Line.

2. The UAH arena is way too fancy, mixed drinks, buku draft beers, table service ............. with our wall scoreboards, low ceilings and arraignment bench seating..... it makes us all look like the hicks we are.

3. The Hotel is way too nice, elevators, free pregame cocktail hour,free limo rides to and from arena ...... We like walk ups, but love one story with outside doors and where taco bell is the real mexican food ...We is Tom Bodett country.
                              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
                                Rather typical. Gutless politicians on both sides of the aisle. We want something nobody likes, but we don't want to go on record for it.. go run and hide and blame everyone else..
                                That's incredibly disingenuous. There are 38 members of the legislature - Democrats, Republicans and Independents - meeting in the capitol. There are 22 Republicans hiding in a middle school in Wasilla (appropriate since they are acting like sixth-graders instead of adults) refusing to vote. The budget passed 20-0 in the state senate. There are only 14 senators in the session today. Why aren't those other six there to explain why the budget no longer has their support?

Comment

Working...
                                X