Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA New Season New Digs

Originally posted by FMR_Alaskan View Post
    What WHL rumors? Unless there’s a new privately funded arena and a billionaire benefactor attached to it, no way the WHL ever moves to Anchorage.
    The person running the Sullivan mentioned "interest" in an article about the move on campus.

I thought it was BS then and now.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Saddest part in all of this is I've lost all my ill feelings towards UAF. Now I just want games against them to be a never ending F U to the rest of the league. "Oh you don't know the playoff match ups until we finish? We'll try to be done by May..."
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        Saddest part in all of this is I've lost all my ill feelings towards UAF. Now I just want games against them to be a never ending F U to the rest of the league. "Oh you don't know the playoff match ups until we finish? We'll try to be done by May..."
        I’d be A-ok playing our non-conference schedule this season then 24 games against UAA and UAH. Heck, fill out the schedule with some games against the PAC 12 club schools. UAF/UAA playing Oregon or UCLA would be a heck of a better fan draw than a yooper directional school.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

NCAA minimum is 10. UAF would need to add something back to meet the NCAA minimum. UAA could end hockey and still be above the minimum (I think they’re at 13 now).

If the seemingly unthinkable happens, I could see a scenario where one or both of us join the PAC-8 hockey league, which is not just limited to PAC-12 schools (Boise State, San Diego State, and both Washington directional compass schools are in it)

The above was copied from Squarebanks on the Dead site.
          UAA Ladies Gymnastics is D1. Had to do that for title 9 to match hockey.
          I'm guessing but is that a one way deal? If the guys get it the ladies get it. But does it work in reverse?
          Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 07-02-2019, 08:18 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
            I’d be A-ok playing our non-conference schedule this season then 24 games against UAA and UAH. Heck, fill out the schedule with some games against the PAC 12 club schools. UAF/UAA playing Oregon or UCLA would be a heck of a better fan draw than a yooper directional school.
            I wonder if there is a loophole where teams that are kicked out can schedule how they see fit, like how when teams that enter leagues they generally have a year or two get up to speed but don't follow the set # of conference games.
            Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
              So will we get the 800 every game?
              Join hockey east. Not hard to get here over top pole. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                If Alaska Airlines had a better east coast network, mayybee.
                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                  If Alaska Airlines had a better east coast network, mayybee.
                  Interesting. Your state is considered the best purchase our country has ever made for obvious reasons. I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t take to much thoughts to figure out how to fly over the pole. You do realize they bought it for military purposes and hit gold. Not lost on any self respecting American citizen.

Comment

Interesting. Your state is considered the best purchase our country has ever made for obvious reasons. I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t take to much thoughts to figure out how to fly over the pole. You do realize they bought it for military purposes and hit gold. Not lost on any self respecting American citizen.
                    I mean never mind if you don’t get it or are too young to understand. My apologies to the young. I know not what I speak of.

Comment

Well, if you flew over the pole from AK you’d land somewhere in Europe.
                      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                        Well, if you flew over the pole from AK you’d land somewhere in Europe.
                        Does Sweden have a college league we could join?

Comment

Depends which pole, LOL....

Comment

Ouch, Wells Fargo naming rights are up, and the new name is Seawolf Sports Center.

Seems like another golden opportunity for Alaska Airlines to do something for there namesake state.

Comment

Originally posted by FMR_Alaskan View Post
                              Does Sweden have a college league we could join?
                              It’d be nice, and I can assure you from personal experience that the people would be much better looking than any existing WCHA stop.

Comment

If it means we can kick Merrimack to the curb and go to 12 teams by taking both I'm all for it!

Comment

Working...
                                X