Clear All

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    So will we get the 800 every game?
    I’d say the 1000 is likely.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Re: UAA New Season New Digs

Northeastern fan here, and I'm incredibly sorry and ****ed off with the news that came out. I hope things land right-side-up for the Alaskan programs. Question for you all, I've been working on a bucket list to see all 60 D1 college hockey teams live at least once, and am highly considering flying up to Anchorage for the UA-UAA series the weekend of October 25-26 to take in a game before the uncertain future takes hold. For a (very) out-of-towner who would be coming up for a short stay in Anchorage, would anyone have priority MUST SEE or MUST EAT/TRY items to put on an itinerary?
      "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
        Northeastern fan here, and I'm incredibly sorry and ****ed off with the news that came out. I hope things land right-side-up for the Alaskan programs. Question for you all, I've been working on a bucket list to see all 60 D1 college hockey teams live at least once, and am highly considering flying up to Anchorage for the UA-UAA series the weekend of October 25-26 to take in a game before the uncertain future takes hold. For a (very) out-of-towner who would be coming up for a short stay in Anchorage, would anyone have priority MUST SEE or MUST EAT/TRY items to put on an itinerary?
        Must eat: Glacier Brewhouse! Best steaks in the league. Must see: Turnagin Arm, Flat Top, Mt Alyeska. Stay at the Captain Cook! Breakfast at Snow City.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
          Must eat: Glacier Brewhouse! Best steaks in the league. Must see: Turnagin Arm, Flat Top, Mt Alyeska. Stay at the Captain Cook! Breakfast at Snow City.
          Excellent, thank you! Definitely will try to get a couple of these done in the short window. My biggest fear is being shut out of tickets, I'll definitely order/buy one once they go on sale. As long as the season will progress as planned even with the recent cuts proposed/announced, I'm excited to travel and see the city and teams!
          "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Moose's Tooth is legit some of the best pizza in the country and has excellent microbrews. Brewhouse is good too, another cool spot is the restaurant in the Lakefront hotel, the food isn't amazing but they have a nice patio where you can watch floatplanes come and go on Lake Hood.

Davyd's sightseeing suggestions are great, definitely get out of town even if only 30 mins to the south, its a beautiful drive on a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
              As an outsider looking in, when the Seawolves announced the move back on campus, I felt things didn't look good. The press release said financial challenges made it necessary, but then in the next paragraph they announced that they would work to upgrade the on campus rink from 750 to the WCHA standard of 2500. That to me sounds like some serious cash would be needed.
              Those dividend checks though.

Comment

Originally posted by CanalPark View Post
                Those dividend checks though.
                Yeah, those. If the legislature has its way, no Alaskan will be getting much of a PFD check this fall.
                Originally Posted by aparch
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  Yeah, those. If the legislature has its way, no Alaskan will be getting much of a PFD check this fall.
                  I almost stayed in Anchorage a year longer when there were discussions of a last check of $15,000 in 2000.

Comment

Realistically coming off a three win season that is not going to go well.

Comment

Excellent, thank you! Definitely will try to get a couple of these done in the short window. My biggest fear is being shut out of tickets, I'll definitely order/buy one once they go on sale. As long as the season will progress as planned even with the recent cuts proposed/announced, I'm excited to travel and see the city and teams!
                      Maybe one of the last games with the _airbanks villager's ...first time ever in long time those wiffy things will not in large herds as their tickets will be so limited it will be just a smallest reeking area of malodorous villagers in anchorage hockey stands and the city in a long time...

You ain't getting mine so you better pay big and buy early or you aint gettin in. your best bet for UAA ... see them on the road
                      Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 06-30-2019, 11:50 PM.
                      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                        Zip would be fine with me.
                        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                          Maybe one of the last games with the _airbanks villager's ...first time ever in long time those wiffy things will not in large herds as their tickets will be so limited it will be just a smallest reeking area of malodorous villagers in anchorage hockey stands and the city in a long time...

You ain't getting mine so you better pay big and buy early or you aint gettin in. your best bet for UAA ... see them on the road
                          That's what I anticipated, my plan is to call the ticket office once the calendar turns to fall and see what I can do. The UAA website says single game tickets for 2018-19 went on sale a week prior to the first home game, so I'm going to operate under that assumption and call early the week ahead of the games. Unfortunately for me, neither UAA or UAF travel much to the northeast, or have in recent years at least. So with time possibly running out, coupled with it being an away weekend for Northeastern, that weekend is the best bet for me. We'll see how it plays out, I'm very excited to go if I can get a ticket!
                          Last edited by NU_Husky; 07-01-2019, 08:45 AM.
                          "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            I also doubt any of those WHL rumors have any teeth.
                            What WHL rumors? Unless there’s a new privately funded arena and a billionaire benefactor attached to it, no way the WHL ever moves to Anchorage.

Comment

Zip would be fine with me.
                              It’s a shame. I don’t think people understand how outstanding and unique the hockey culture is in Anchorage. I only skated one year after leaving Anchorage because ice time for adult hockey is typically 10-11 PM on Sunday nights in the Lower 48. Anchorage has arenas dedicated to rec hockey with prime time scheduling. I played on two teams and probably would still be playing if I lived up there. The diversity of players was awesome too- guys from all over the US, Canada, and Russia.

In my opinion, the Sullivan is quality college hockey venue. I remember the early season tournament that brought in big time programs just like the basketball tournament.

All said, I don’t blame the WCHA for pulling the plug. There’s usually a light at the end of the tunnel for most states during tough times, but it’ll always be a struggle in Alaska. That state still operates like it’s the 1980’s. My wife and I left when it was time to have kids because it was obvious that it’s not in Alaska’s DNA to support schools and infrastructure that isn’t gifted from Uncle Don.

Comment

I would like to see the UAF games played at Sullivan but who knows, maybe that's still a money losing proposition.

Comment

Working...
                                X