Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Holding court

Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Quote Originally Posted by BCeagle View Post
    I think the seniors are part of the team that still stink

Last year it was Kim and Fitz

As seniors you hope Mattillas can contribute with new blood to help

Rasinen is also deadwood but maybe we’ll see something from him

But with more big bodies and talent the defense should be improved and more offense we hope

As far as coaching I don’t have a high regard for the assistant coaches except maybe Brown before he left to join the rangers

But maybe with better talent the coaches will do a better job this year

To be honest I am not impressed by McGinnis, Buckley and the coach who played goalie for UNH who escapes my mind at the moment

I am not sure if they deserve to be picked preseason number one in hockey East after the disastrous season last year

But they cannot be any worse than last year I am sure or hope they won’t repeat last season
    This reads like a post from an 80-year old fan on Eagleaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Holding court

Quote Originally Posted by DNAEagle View Post
    We are still recovering from the losses of 2016.
    No.
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Holding court

Huge one tonight. They could use an OOC win to start the year off right and get some positive vibes going right off the bat. Previous years brought dismal OOC records from start to finish and in reality the seasons were Deep-Sixed right from the start with the bad OOC results in spite of what someone might lecture us about mathematically missing by one game one time.

Always love seeing the Eagles and Badgers square off. Truly one of the nicest fanbases in all of college sports. The games are typically clean but hard-fought battles.

I'm very anxious to see what the coaching staff has prepared for a lineup. This will be very telling, and hopefully it tells us the right story of putting the best players out there.

Here's to a good one tonight and an Eagles W.

Should be a heck of a game tonight between BC and the Badgers. For those who may be interested there is a new site that covers BC hockey. Go Eagles!

www.maroonfervor.com

Quote Originally Posted by Seacaptim View Post
    Should be a heck of a game tonight between BC and the Badgers. For those who may be interested there is a new site that covers BC hockey. Go Eagles!

www.maroonfervor.com
    Other than the FF, I don't tend to watch too many non-BU games, but I have to admit I am looking forward to catching tonights game on NESN+. Lots of talent for sure.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Special teams keeping Wisconsin in it. Their PP is gonna be lethal this year with Caufield. Turning point in the game BC up 4-1 and with a 5 minute PP. Don't score and Knight gave up a bad shorthanded goal towards end of it. Expecting a wild 3rd. Already been more fun than most home games last few years.

Oh and Boldy at least looks ready for primetime

Kinda funny seeing volleyball players have to leave Power Gym to use Conte bathrooms during a match/hockey game combo.

Could hockey actually be fun this year?

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Could hockey actually be fun this year?
    Caught a lot of it on the link from BCI on my laptop. Excellent way to start . Nice early goal in the third to grab the momentum back a bit. Was great to answer with a goal right after the other team scored instead of the other way around which happened countless times the past couple years it seems

My bad.

I'll freakin take it. Not perfect but good enough. Step 1 towards an NCAA berth.

Lebedeff stopped BC from putting up double digits. Tons and tons and tons of scoring opportunities.

Top line was deadly, and smashed any Wisconsin hopes with an epic 35 second shift to start the 3rd period and effectively put the game away and killed their spirits. Maybe some killer instinct there with those boys? Boldy is ridiculously talented from the two games I've seen of him now.

I think Helleson and Warren are game-changers to the D. The D played quite well tonight actually. Finkelstein was particularly good as well as the freshmen. Moore and McInnis were more than adequate and perhaps the most surprising thing was the solid limited ice time from 7th Dman Mike Karow. Even the lower lines looked decent. Big fan of McLaughlin and Greco still. There is nice balance to this roster finally. Seems like the team may be well-built. Ice was a bit chippy especially early and BC stopped moving and lost loose some puck battles as a result of slow feet/positioning.

Special teams was mostly a disaster. Faceoffs were very good. Cole Caufield is gonna score a ton of goals.

A lot more tests to come. At least they finally passed their first test rather than having the worst start since the 1930s.
    Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 10-11-2019 at 10:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by reBlur View Post
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Doggie Out! Afuera!

I'd almost forgot what a good solid non-conference win looks like. That was very encouraging. The talent infusion from the freshmen is obvious. They looked better as a team than at any point last season. And they were actually exciting and enjoyable to watch again. Quite unlike last year. Boldy sure looks like a keeper. And this was the best game I've ever seen Mattila play. Not just the two goals, he was EVERYWHERE.

Special teams obviously need work. And of course, it's just one game. But that was good to see and fun to watch. So for at least one night, we can be happy. Hopefully there will be more of that to come.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Cross Check View Post
    I'd almost forgot what a good solid non-conference win looks like. That was very encouraging. The talent infusion from the freshmen is obvious. They looked better as a team than at any point last season. And they were actually exciting and enjoyable to watch again. Quite unlike last year. Boldy sure looks like a keeper. And this was the best game I've ever seen Mattila play. Not just the two goals, he was EVERYWHERE..
    don't forget David Cotton. He had 3 pts. That kid is a complete hockey player. Again, very good tonight.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Nice W. Teams with really good freshman are usually only successful if they have strong leadership and talent among the upperclassmen as well. That appeared to be the difference between you and the Badgers. Boldy looked great, Newhook was okay but I'm sure his talent will show through before long. And Knight is as advertised. Only one game but certainly looks like you guys are NCAA tourney material.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Doggie Out! Afuera!

Quote Originally Posted by northeastern View Post
    don't forget David Cotton. He had 3 pts. That kid is a complete hockey player. Again, very good tonight.
    Cotton had plenty of excellent games last year. The team may have been a disappointment, but he certainly wasn't. But yes, he picked up where he left off last night.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
    BU - 2

My bad.

How about that behind the back pass from Hutsko, behind the net, just avoiding the post to get the puck to Cotton for a goal? That was Gerbe-to-Ben-Smith 2008 title game stuff right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by reBlur View Post
    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
    How about that behind the back pass from Hutsko, behind the net, just avoiding the post to get the puck to Cotton for a goal? That was Gerbe-to-Ben-Smith 2008 title game stuff right there.
    or Zach Sanford to break the B's hearts in the 5th game

Doggie Out! Afuera!

Quote Originally Posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
    Or Johnny Hockey against BU.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

BC - 12
    BU - 2

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    This reads like a post from an 80-year old fan on Eagleaction.
    Never post on EA nor use that site

Not 80 years old either
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Special teams keeping Wisconsin in it. Their PP is gonna be lethal this year with Caufield. Turning point in the game BC up 4-1 and with a 5 minute PP. Don't score and Knight gave up a bad shorthanded goal towards end of it. Expecting a wild 3rd. Already been more fun than most home games last few years.
    3 goals given up on special teams situations

Work in progress but hopefully they will improve

Giving up a SH on a 5 minute PP for BC is not what you expect or want

But the offense bailed them out when last year this would have been a loss.

Totally a lot more talent and depth
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Thread Information