Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

So Wisconsin has taken advantage of a rule where you can play outside the country and the games don't count towards your total. Typically you see basketball teams do this. A lot of college basketball teams do European trips before the season. They played at the University of British Columbia the other night. Not sure if they have other games scheduled on a Canadian tour but could give them an advantage heading into that season opener.

Quote Originally Posted by BCeagle View Post
    There were more Hokies it seems than BC fans @ the game Saturday but a good start over an ACC team.

Hopefully the skaters will have a good opening too )
    Lots of those Hokie fans were sitting in BC season ticket holders seats. Seems they got wind of BC's ticket exchange instead of opting for the regular opposing team seat assignments. That won't likely happen except for long holiday weekends with all those ticket holders opting for the Cape instead of the game. Pleasantly surprised that the ice was down in Conte already. Conte was much colder than I ever recall for an early season football game. Allows the Captains to hold practice on campus. Should help the freshmen to get acclimated to their home rink earlier than past seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by BC/HE View Post
    Lots of those Hokie fans were sitting in BC season ticket holders seats. Seems they got wind of BC's ticket exchange instead of opting for the regular opposing team seat assignments. That won't likely happen except for long holiday weekends with all those ticket holders opting for the Cape instead of the game. Pleasantly surprised that the ice was down in Conte already. Conte was much colder than I ever recall for an early season football game. Allows the Captains to hold practice on campus. Should help the freshmen to get acclimated to their home rink earlier than past seasons.
    Even in Waul House parking I was surprised to see so many Tech fans.

That includes my nephew who went to BC and his wife was wearing a Hokie shirt )

My friend went to BC also but he came with a Hokie fan or neighbor

But it was a good time and everybody was friendly
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    What is up with your football recruits?? Two of them have tweeted out their excitement about heading to Boston College University.
    Boston University College )
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by BC/HE View Post
    You must have missed out on the merger, Scarlet.
    There goes the only game the teams sell out.

Holding court

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    What is up with your football recruits?? Two of them have tweeted out their excitement about heading to Boston College University.
    You'd be surprised how many football recruits use this terminology on twitter when either making a commitment or more importantly when they announce they have received an offer.

It's odd. The only thing I can speculate is that when they are on campus they must be constantly reminded that it IS in fact a university and it has subconsciously conditioned them to add on university to the end of "Boston College". It doesn't really bother me, I just find it odd how it has manifested itself and if it is happening this often, I can only conclude it's a BC thing and not an isolated incident of one or two kids making a random mistake. Which really doesn't surprise me at all because that is just what BC does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Ofcl Riverhawk Radio Meteorologist

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    You'd be surprised how many football recruits use this terminology on twitter when either making a commitment or more importantly when they announce they have received an offer.

It's odd. The only thing I can speculate is that when they are on campus they must be constantly reminded that it IS in fact a university and it has subconsciously conditioned them to add on university to the end of "Boston College". It doesn't really bother me, I just find it odd how it has manifested itself and if it is happening this often, I can only conclude it's a BC thing and not an isolated incident of one or two kids making a random mistake. Which really doesn't surprise me at all because that is just what BC does.
    Back when I was in high school, we had a star running back that was a dumb as a bag of rocks. When a few of us asked him one day (just before Signing Day) if he had made up his mind on where he was going to play college football, his reply was "The University of Boston College".
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

there's a good buck in that racket.

as long as they donít call you needle d!ck

With the old plex torn down the new plex housed the Gridiron Club 🦅

It was nice but I donít like them closing early

I donít like to rush and gulping food down because they want to push people to the game which doesnít matter because itís usually bare in the stands anyway

🦅

Non BC fans donít come because of parking restrictions or cost and tailgating is a joke at BC

They added an hour for tailgating this year. Doesn't matter for me since I can't get away with an all day tailgate and then a 4 hour game but nice for the fans who can. Cost you an arm and a leg for parking though.

What time did they close down before the game? I will be at the new plex for the Kansas game. The annual Friday night game they have now is usually the one I can go to. Schedule sets up nicely to start the year after winning the opener.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    They added an hour for tailgating this year. Doesn't matter for me since I can't get away with an all day tailgate and then a 4 hour game but nice for the fans who can. Cost you an arm and a leg for parking though.

What time did they close down before the game? I will be at the new plex for the Kansas game. The annual Friday night game they have now is usually the one I can go to. Schedule sets up nicely to start the year after winning the opener.
    Saturdayís game was 4 pm but to close around 3:15 pm is a bit early in my opinion

It only takes a few minutes to walk to the stadium from the new plex

I think 15 minutes before is better

This gives people more time to eat and drink and not rush

BC football 🏈 off at 2-0 and hopefully 3-0 next Friday vs Jayhawks

7:30 PM start time

Quote Originally Posted by BCeagle View Post
    BC football 🏈 off at 2-0 and hopefully 3-0 next Friday vs Jayhawks

7:30 PM start time
    BC has a chance to win 10 games this year. KU, RU, Louisville, SU, FSU & Pitt are really struggling. BC has a terrific offense that can out score Wake. NC St is a real toss up.

Go Eagles!

Quote Originally Posted by eaglekeeper View Post
    BC has a chance to win 10 games this year. KU, RU, Louisville, SU, FSU & Pitt are really struggling. BC has a terrific offense that can out score Wake. NC St is a real toss up.

Go Eagles!
    The only problem is the HC

BC can have a good record this year and go to a decent bowl but how many times have weíve been disappointed ?

Good starts then at seasons end back to 7-5 and a disappointing bowl loss in a meaningless bowl

Ex wearing the wrong shoes in the pinstripe bowl and last year they go to a bowl and they donít even play due to weather

Poor clock management and poor kicking game

How many missed PAT or missed FG ?

I could go on but letís see if they can have a decent season

21 point favorites over Kansas

there's a good buck in that racket.

that's all?!?!

ku is pu!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    that's all?!?!

ku is pu!
    Had no idea who CCU is until I looked it up but KU losing to Coastal Carolina 12-7 is bad

but Louisville and Wake could be tough games for BC

From Neutral Zone - "4.5⭐️ Cam Macdonald to BC. Wants the puck & is capable of creating offense w/his slick hands or superb vision. Poised/responsible in his end at 6'2" 180lbs. NHL upside as he is constantly a factor. "A" grade in all but one NZ report. Hockey Player" '03 who should arrive in 2021. Big time pick up for the Eagles!

After last nightís horrid game, I honestly canít see BC having a winning record this year. Thereís every likelihood that the kids saw they were favored by 21 and figured they didnít even need to try. Which, in fact, ended up being the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_NH View Post
    After last nightís horrid game, I honestly canít see BC having a winning record this year. Thereís every likelihood that the kids saw they were favored by 21 and figured they didnít even need to try. Which, in fact, ended up being the case.
    Thatís not a good excuse especially Addazio

He is what he is and weíre stuck with him because the authorities above are ok with mediocrity meaning the trustees and president

AD meanwhile either has no power to can him or hasnít the courage to fire him

BC Athletics has over the years deteriorated since Defillppo

Look also at basketball

When was the last time they were relevant ?

Hopefully hockey will recover this year 🦅

Thread Information